It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US forces recently failed rescue attempt !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Mr Foley's employers said they received an email last Wednesday hitting out at US airstrikes and saying Mr Foley would be "executed".

It came as it was revealed US forces "recently" tried to rescue American hostages held in Syria by IS, but failed.

US forces recently failed rescue attempt !

We are never going to win with these there everywhere !
There in nearly every big cities in the world and I think it's going to get very very bad

Remove if already posted please .

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The special forces can not do the job they are asked to do with all the constraints laid upon them by the Obama Administration. I would bet that they were told to extract with no causalities, a lose, lose, but an order frequently given by Obama.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
The special forces can not do the job they are asked to do with all the constraints laid upon them by the Obama Administration. I would bet that they were told to extract with no causalities, a lose, lose, but an order frequently given by Obama.

No, they got there did their job, no hostages were there though.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What ?????

Did their job? Did you not see the word " failed" in the article ?

(post by PurpleDog UK removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

What ?????

Yes, because there were no hostages there. What about my post has you confused? They went in, secured the area, and there were no hostages there, they were not at that location.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
don't ya just love when the obama admin just tells everyone everything?

no boots on the ground, we got bin laden, we are leaving in dec, by the way we tried to get the hostages and failed.

hey obama, when are you gonna try it again, just give everyone a heads up.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

What ?????

Yes, because there were no hostages there. What about my post has you confused? They went in, secured the area, and there were no hostages there, they were not at that location.

Nothing about your post confuses me. It is really quite self explanatory in it's total confussion.

To use your words............" they got there did their job"

Err, no they didn't. Their job was to rescue hostages. They didn't rescue anyone.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't ?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I wonder what happened to all those kidnapped Nigerian girls, seems to be very quiet these days.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK

Stop trying to make a political dumbass Republican point...... And blame the Democrats.... This is not a political point....

I seem to remember that it was fine to blame the Bush Administration for pretty much the same thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
it is common for special ops to fail their mission , only in movies / hollywood these soldiers are described as super soldiers who always did their job and came back alive for a medal ceremony..

examples of spec ops fiascos :

- Delta Force failed attempt to attack Mullah Omar Compound in Kandahar Afghanistan 2001
- Seal Team 6 failed attempt to attack Al-Shahab in Barawe Somalia 2012
- Seal recon team ambushed in Operation Anaconda and Redwings Afghanistan
- Flotilla 13 Naval Commando Ambushed in afghanistan by hezbollah 1997
- French DGSE failed assault in somalia
- Desert One , Iran

with the proliferation of heavy weapons by militia/insurgents/opposing force and increasing sophisticated / technical knowledge in gear and tactics , it is harder for spec ops to assault these guys..

I think a change of tactics will be needed in the future , maybe creating a bullet proof soldier that can turn invisible and do not need sleep..

Ansariya Ambush

On September 5, 1997, the unit suffered a major blow during a raid in Lebanon. A number of Shayetet 13 commandos landed on Lebanon's coast, south of Sidon between the towns of Loubieh and Ansariya. Speculation about their mission was that they were trying to assassinate a senior Shia Muslim cleric of the Hezbollah movement. They landed in the dark early hours of that Friday and started moving inland.

The army said the force had been "on its way to its mission" when it was struck by a powerful explosive device and came under fire from Hezbollah. The clash took place outside a 15-km deep security zone which Israel occupied in south Lebanon. The force's commander, Joseph Korakin, was killed in the first burst of fire. Israel immediately dispatched a rescue team in a CH-53 helicopter.

A rescue force of helicopters and naval ships arrived, joining in a battle that lasted until dawn as the rescuers evacuated the dead. Mortar shells exploded nearby and shrapnel hit the CH-53, but it was able to take-off. As a result of being hit by an IED, 12 Israeli soldiers of Shayetet 13 were killed including their commander and an unknown number injured.

The unfound remains of the Israeli soldiers were returned to Israel on June 25, 1998 in a prisoner exchange deal. After 14 years the hezbollah organization revealed that they knew the position of the commandos in advance thanks to the interception of video footage broadcast by Israeli spy UAVs that were hovering over the area in the days before the mission. The soldiers were killed as a result of entering an orchard booby-trapped with bombs, that exploded when they entered.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

What ?????

Nothing about your post confuses me. It is really quite self explanatory in it's total confussion.

To use your words............" they got there did their job"

Err, no they didn't. Their job was to rescue hostages. They didn't rescue anyone.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't ?

They rescued every single hostage that was there. Sounds like they did a perfect job.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: buntalanlucu
it is common for special ops to fail their mission , only in movies / hollywood these soldiers are described as super soldiers who always did their job and came back alive for a medal ceremony..

Quite true. This just is not an example of that. Either the intel was bad, or hostages had been moved. They secured the area, there just was not anyone to rescue.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Quite true. This just is not an example of that. Either the intel was bad, or hostages had been moved. They secured the area, there just was not anyone to rescue.

didnt the US forces also missed their hostage when they tried to raid sontay prison back then ?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

didnt the US forces also missed their hostage when they tried to raid sontay prison back then ?

Did you miss the topic of the post when you made your reply?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Didn't America agree they were useless at this sort of thing (hostage rescue), and decided to use the SAS for such missions?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
Didn't America agree they were useless at this sort of thing (hostage rescue), and decided to use the SAS for such missions?

i really dont buy the myth about SAS as better than US special ops. Even SAS with its long history of covert ops experienced many failures (that publicly known).

a SAS team in the same mission as the SEAL in barawe situation with the same footprint would mostly failed just like the SEALs. The French DGSE raid in somalia also used many more operator (compared to Barawe SEAL defeat) yet the french still failed and have to extract underfire and embarrasingly left one operator behind.

The more the freqency of these spec ops raids, the higher the chance they will encounter highly capable enemy waiting in ambush and wiped them out like the Israeli Naval Commando Ambush (wise words from Former Commander of Flotilla13 Zeev Almog : The boys get too greedy and careless in lebanon)

top topics

join