It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea Moves Tanks, Armored Vehicles to Chinese Border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
N.Korea Moves Tanks, Armored Vehicles to Chinese Border

North Korea has moved scores of tanks and armored vehicles to an Army corps near the border with China in Ryanggang Province. The 12th Corps, which was established in 2010, is tasked with responding to movements of Chinese troops in an emergency.

A source on Monday said about 80 tanks have been deployed in Ryanggang Province, where there had not been a single one before. The corps has been "turned into an attack force after it has been reinforced" with an armored infantry unit, a unit of multiple rocket launchers, and a special warfare and sharpshooter brigade.

The source attributed the moves to fears that sole ally China could "betray" the North amid increasing pressure on Pyongyang to give up its nuclear program.

The source has been questioned in the past.

If true / accurate we might be seeing the implosion of the N. Korean government. It also suggests relations with China may be a lot worse than whats generally known.

Thoughts

ETA - Im curious if its related to this -
2013 - US officials say military buildup in China related to N. Korea tensions, tanks spotted
edit on 20-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm thinking the South may want to get a deal with Japan and stand by.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm calling BS.

If China was going to attack NK, it wouldn't be through Ryanggang Province.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

A move against their allies? It's an American tactic..

Unfortunately, NK can't win this one so I have to call hoax. Kim may be insane but he isn't stupid. Big difference.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
North Korea, you so funny...
Someone tell me this is a joke.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
ETA - Im curious if its related to this -
2013 - US officials say military buildup in China related to N. Korea tensions, tanks spotted

If this is related...the North Koreans are just as bad at geography as whomever wrote about a build up in Ryanggag.

If North Korea puts their best tanks in Ryanggag...they will still be in Ryanggag while Chinese tanks are rolling through Pyongyang.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Kim may be insane but he isn't stupid. Big difference.

Are you so sure he didn't think Dennis Rodman was Barrack Obama?

I doubt the story and I don't see what would be gained from either side. The "Dear Leader" is new so I haven't the slightest what the new China govt. think about the new NK govt. to wager a guess.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
With all that is happening in the world, crises after crises, what we need right now is one MORE CRYING expletive!!! Give me attention, I demand it. FFS and sigh...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
NATIONAL POST

National Post is legit. Slanted but legit.

” Formed in 2010, the unit has the specific task of repelling Chinese troops in the event of an incident in the border region. However, military analysts believe that the North Korean unit would stand little chance in the event of a full-scale attack by Chinese forces. Quoting South Korean sources, the paper also reported that a further 80 armoured personnel carriers were scheduled to be deployed to the province in the near future, apparently on the orders of Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

China was pretty fed up with North Korean BS not too long ago when the North were threatening some of China's regional trading partners, Japan and South Korea to name a couple.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It was all just a little misunderstanding...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Are you so sure he didn't think Dennis Rodman was Barrack Obama?

Thanx for explaining what stupidity is.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Perfect timing for when(if) the US dumps Israel. Then if China dumps N. Korea they can become lovers.

la2

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It's also being reported by UK newspaper The Telegraph, a publication with a very good reputation, so my guess is that something is going on, open conflict between China and North Korea would come as a huge shock to most people. Bejing has been the only supporter of North Korea, that being said both are nuclear powers, regardless of how sophisticated the Norths arsenal is, it's still a nuke.

To me something seems very odd about it all, China has no need to attack, there's nothing there they want, unless it's the first step in a much larger picture. I did read elsewhere that forces near Taiwan had been reinforced, so could it be a land grab, North Korea would lead to the south, but would US allow Taiwan to fall, interesting times ahead.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

No problem, China is safe!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed
It was all just a little misunderstanding

Now if that ain't the funniest # right there.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Things between China and North Korea have not been good for sometime. However, this is just posturing. If I had to guess I would think this is a reminder to China that they had better start treating NK better or they could find yet another hostile border. With tensions between China and Japan, Vietnam, Phillipines high and now tensions between China and India rising after yet another Chinese incursion into Indian territory North Korea thinks that China better play ball and do what it wants or it will join the list of places China a problem with. I expect this will back fire on the NK and China will just ignore them.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Unfortunately, NK can't win this one so I have to call hoax. Kim may be insane but he isn't stupid. Big difference.

a reply to: jude11

Kim is insane, he has threatened the United State numerous times! One of these days he's going to over step his bounds, and I hope China will be the one to put an end to his totalitarian regime. There's a lot of political dissidents from North Korea who flee to China.

China could very well be on edge knowing their insane ally can no longer be trusted with a hand on the nuclear button.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here is a thought and one that should be considered.

This could simply be a military exercise on the part of North Korea and China. They are allies, China has backed North Korea both with military assets, hardware, along with economic aid and other things to keep this isolated country afloat. It would make sense that the 2 of them would hold military exercises to put forth a show of strength and capacity towards South Korea and the rest of the world. I seriously doubt that North Korea would pick a fight with China, one of its few allies in the world, when it is worried about the US/South Korea pact and risk leaving its southern boarder open and unguarded with as much strength as it can muster.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well....lets just say a few, "units" will be deploying to S.Korea in the 2015 time frame, coincidence?
Maybe, Maybe not.
Whatever the case may be, its probably as a support measure for reassurance to the South.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join