No Pigeons, No Seagulls in Halifax; No Sparrows in Ireland; What about Manhattan?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied Not sure what you are going on about with your last post and linking "exceptionally good looking men and women"...but I figured I may as well throw in the bees with the birds.

Physicist Michio Kaku once said that we all have a little bit of Chernobyl in us.

This must be true of Fukushima's radionuclides not to mention the radionuclides from over a thousand nuclear bomb tests.

Scientist Timothy A. Mousseau recently lectured about how the radiation of Fukushima was killing off birds and about the detrimental effects of that radiation on the entire global ecosystem. (See: Fukushima radiation is affecting the health of the entire global ecosystem, scientist says.)

So, in light of all this, does it not stand to reason that radiation since the 1940's may be responsible for the decline in the good looks of the human population... this, not to mention deleterious effects on bird populations... WORLDWIDE?

P.M. (P.S. Yesterday, I saw a loose group of eight flying seagulls, meaning they were not very close to each other. They were weaving left and right in a uncoordinated manner with each other as they all flew north. Then a ninth straggler followed. I am not a seagull expert, so I don't know if this is normal behavior for them.)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I was in the park near my house today. I live in suburb of Tokyo called Shakujikoen. There were plenty of pigeons and other types of birds around. Ducks in the lake too. I fed some. They seemed very happy.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
An unusual thing happened today, but I'll get to this later.

A few days ago, a friend drove me to a county park near the bay.

I sighted one and only one bird, and this sighting didn't even occur in the park.

It occurred on the road leading to the park entrance. A bird flew across the road ahead of us.

That park has very dense vegetation that you can liken to a jungle. Yet there were no birds to be seen there.

I took a brief walk on one of the nature trails, and I heard only one bird call... just one in a setting that can be likened to a jungle. Imagine that.

Getting back to the unusual occurrence... I saw a wake today.

That is, I saw a wake of about 12 vultures on the ground while I was out on foot running an errand for myself. About four of these vultures were feeding on what seemed to be a squashed squirrel in the street.

I never before have seen a vulture, and here there were 12 of them, quite large ones, I might add, in an area where there is a dearth of birds.

So, I see no seagulls in supermarket parking lots like I used to see where I resided more than 30 miles away from the beach, yet, now, I guess it's more likely to spot vultures in these parts which are much closer to major bodies of water.

I did some quick research on Wikipedia, and it seems that this area is just inside the territorial zone for this kind of vulture. I always thought that vultures were desert fixtures, as portrayed in old westerns and Road Runner cartoons.

That's all for now.

P.M.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

its a fact that birds of prey have a easier time and breed in bigger numbers when there are many dead and sick animals (easy prey)
the scientist in the fukushima and chernobyl wildlife report i posted says the same
here we have an unusual amount of crows and very rarely i can see a bird outside
the taxus tree with fresh berrys should now be swarmed
no bird or bird sounds anymore
plants and trees look sick the bark peeling and full of lichen-like stuff,the leafs small and crumbled some burned.
hedge in the garden was cut over a month ago and has not grown back one bit, other shrubs and trees are completely brown with only some branches green (going on since weeks and its not autumn autumn doesnt leave whole branches green)
chemtrails? fukushima? unusual amount of UVB radiation? im not sure what it is but im sure that something is really screwing with nature this year

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The reason all the seagulls and pigeons are disappearing from around the world is simple....they have all emigrated to West Cumbria in the UK

Can't even leave the bloody house now for flying rats and sh**ehawks!

Really must apply for my shotgun license...

<< 1  2   >>

join