It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Pigeons, No Seagulls in Halifax; No Sparrows in Ireland; What about Manhattan?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
FolkPhotographer, in his recently posted video at www.youtube.com... , points out that there are no more seagulls or pigeons at the waterfront in Halifax.

A person in the comments section of the video notes that there are no more sparrows or any other birds for that matter in Ireland where he is from.

Come to think of it, I have not seen any birds for a good amount of time now where I am. I did, a while ago, see a couple of seagulls a bit away from the shore. That's been about it. From where I moved, I used to see quite a few seagulls inland a good distance away from the shore.

All of these phenomena have occurred since Fukushima.

What about Manhattan? I used to see big flocks of pigeons in Manhattan parks boldly walking and seeking tossed food from park-goers there. They used to be considered a nuisance. What has become of Manhattan pigeons? Can anyone offer a report?

P.M.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
On the other hand I wake up every morning to sound of a thousand birds in the trees around my house in metro vancouver on the pacific coast.

Then again I live in a rainforest with massive trees surrounding my city.

But yeah, tons of birds here. Much variety. Can hear birds right now through my windows honestly lol

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I was in Manhattan three weeks ago and those flying rats were all over. Not sure about today though.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

Take a journey to the Midwest USA and you will hear more freaking crows roosting in the trees at night than you could ever imagine. It will make you want to take a shotgun and clean house.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Just looked outside my patio door. There were about three or four birds I counted in the time I looked, less than 30 seconds. My parents live in the countryside and watch their birds coming through avidly. They have not noticed anything.

There are still birds in the Chernobyl danger zone.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

Take a journey to the Midwest USA and you will hear more freaking crows roosting in the trees at night than you could ever imagine. It will make you want to take a shotgun and clean house.

I just touched base with a relative who, one year ago, moved from the big bad city to the boondocks of farmland and woodland.

He has crows, and he expressed the same sentiments about them. He also reported still seeing a wide variety of other birds.

However, I touched base with a neighbor who had been in this area much longer than I have been, and he reports that he has seen zero birds of late.

P.M.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
UK (South)
Large increase in gulls, but! No sparrows!!!
Usually during spring and summer months I am woken by sparrows that nest around my home, this year they're not here
Also, I've commented elsewhere on ats about the lack of flying insects down here. During the summer car windscreens and bikers visors would normally be covered with splattered insects, now there's nothing!
The missing insects I blame entirely on the insecticide being sprayed on the crop fields, and a lack of insects might be why the sparrows have gone.

We need to ban insecticides and plants that contain such nasties!
edit on 20-8-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker
On the other hand I wake up every morning to sound of a thousand birds in the trees around my house in metro vancouver on the pacific coast.

But yeah, tons of birds here. Much variety. Can hear birds right now through my windows honestly lol

According to the guy in Halifax, in an earlier video, he said that he is closer to Fukushima than you are via the polar route.

Also, radiation readings for the East Coast show higher radioactivity than for the West Coast.

P.M.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes, they are still around. I don't see much of a difference from any other year either. I haven't been to the shore this summer so I can't comment about the gulls though.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Seems normal here in Mass.USA I live on the coast and see seagulls here and on my pond and at the ocean. I also have seen what I think are "endangered, protected" Piping Plovers on the little island in my lake, which is slightly brackish, but they are ocean beach birds.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

A person in the comments section of the video notes that there are no more sparrows or any other birds for that matter in Ireland where he is from.

That comment-or has clearly fallen out of his favourite tree, and there are Sparrows aplenty, as there are heaps of other birdies, not forgetting all the different species of Sparrows. Starlings, Sparrows, Crows, Willie Wagtails Robins all prolific here. In fact they are all here, and shi'ting on my car daily.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Reporting in from Western Ky....

Birds are numerous and plentiful as usual... no observable change in numbers.

Insects....... bumper crop this year... I can ship box loads to anyone who thinks Fukushima killed them all.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I'm East Coast Canada and I can tell you that the gulls, pigeons, owls, hummingbirds, blue jays, sparrows, crows, ravens, doves, eagles, hawks and plenty of other species of bird are all well and good. There was a large gathering of Gulls in a field very near to where I was at tonight in Moncton.

I've traveled to two other provinces on the East Coast this summer as well and seen plenty of different birds species.

I actually recognize the guys voice in the video from the talk radio shows here on the East Coast. I'd take what he says with a large grain of salt but that's up to you.

If you'd like, here's a link to a Nova Scotia Webcam site that shows Halifax Harbour. Check it tomorrow for a while and see what you see.

www.novascotiawebcams.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yup my gf and I were walking in Brooklyn and saw a dead pigeon on the sidewalk. It was quite pudgy and a tiny amount of blood about the 2 1/2 inches in diameter was near the head. A few ants were on that, it all seemed very recent since the blood was fresh and no smell was present.

I would not know what killed it but I've noticed there aren't as many pigeons and other birds in the city as I've been informed were present. Most NYCers don't seem to notice it. One pigeon is more than enough, understandably they do carry some bad stuff but it speaks volumes as to how much junk we leave laying around. Not as clean and sanitary as we'd like to believe.

Upstate there are just as many birds as usual as far as I can tell. Anybody else notice this?

So are they die offs from pollution? Changes in the ocean or climate, something solar, radiation? Disease? Wifi? Who knows but they are important in the environment despite being seen as a nuisance.

S + F thanks for the info from places I didn't think were being affected.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I'd also say take that with a grain of salt. I'm in Alaska and to be honest, I've had more birds and squirrels around my yard than usual and the Turns, Gulls and lots of other birds are as plentiful as I can recall. Even had a Lynx in my yard recently.

I'm much closer to Fukushima 3,320 miles and on the same ocean, while Halifax is 6,556 miles and on a different ocean. I don't think you can make a case for this.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The cuckoo in my clock is working just fine

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Also, radiation readings for the East Coast show higher radioactivity than for the West Coast.

P.M.

Source please.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I have lived in NYC my entire life.

You are correct in that there has been a massive reduction in the population of pigeons here in NYC. There used to be pigeons everywhere. Massive flocks in Central Park, all the boroughs, and huge flocks flying around. Now you see only small groups here and there.

However it the reduction has not coincided with Fukushima. It began many years before that.

I often wonder what the cause was. I thought that maybe it was due to the introduction of birds of prey to Manhattan. I also noticed birds of prey flying around in outer borough parks.

Another thing I have noticed is species of birds I have never seen before. Huge flocks of black birds pass through (not sure what species) during certain months and many of them also hang around. Also Robins and doves are regulars whereas you hardly used to see them before.
edit on 21-8-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BGTM90

P.M.

Source please.

If I remember correctly, Alex Jones mentioned the higher levels of radiation on the East Coast in one of his Youtube videos.

You can also check the radiation readings on the map at netc.com. Unfortunately, a few weeks ago, the website proprietor decided to delete a number of reading stations from the map, but it should still serve the purpose to show that many readings for the East Coast exceed many readings for the West Coast.

P.M.
edit on 21-8-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Clarification.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Come to think of it, I have not seen any birds for a good amount of time now where I am. I did, a while ago, see a couple of seagulls a bit away from the shore. That's been about it. From where I moved, I used to see quite a few seagulls inland a good distance away from the shore.

In addition to two seagulls, I have witnessed on about three occasions the following type of bird feeding on the ground.

I'd like to add that unlike where I used to live which was about 30 miles inland, I am now only slightly more than two miles away from a significant bay.

I used to witness huge flocks of seagulls in supermarket parking lots where I used to live. Now, there is a supermarket which I frequent and which is rather close to the bay, and nadda: No seagulls at the supermarket.

I look to the sky quite frequently because the cloud formations here are rather incredible like nothing I have seen before in the past.

In fact, about three days ago, I witnessed what was like a nuclear mushroom cloud, more like a head of broccoli, actually, with a broad stem and with a top surface like well-defined broccoli florets. This cloud was huge like so many of the other unusual cloud formations around here. I am not talking about thunderstorm clouds that are dark gray but very white cumulus clouds. I believe that these clouds are the way that they are due to chemtrails, radionuclides in the air, or both.

On the numerous occasions when I trained my eyes upon the sky, I have witnessed many aircraft in flight, some spewing forth chemtrails, but not once have I witnessed a bird in flight here.

P.M.
edit on 21-8-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Corrected spelling and added punctuatiion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join