It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook is a VILE Corporation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I had a Farcebook page a few years back. Deactivated it which, ignorantly, I thought that meant it was gone.

Well, a couple of months ago I did a search on myself (my email address specifically) just out of my paranoid-curiosity. Guess what showed up? My old Farcebook account. I went there in order to get rid of it (again). Of course I had to login to do anything. Wham-o! There are all of my old pictures, friends, everything just as it was over 3 years ago. I did some looking online and found the process you need to go through to permanently delete your account.

I did so, and received an email (after questions begging reasons why I was leaving) saying that my account would be deleted in 14 days. It damn well better be. I have my doubts.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Anything associated with Facebook I pretty much ignore. I hate facebook and the people with Children's Syndrome who occupy that ridiculous website... Any wonder our societies are going to the sh*thouse.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Face what?...Never heard of it!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
Face what?...Never heard of it!

Facebook it's this site were you tell everyone everything !
Like when taking a dump !
When going on holiday so u can get robbed !
When your in sick and your boss knows your hungover !
And you even get tracked !
What could go wrong !

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Never had farcebook .. never will have farcebook ..
Saw that start about five years ago .. theres several sites that stopped using as they made it where have to have a farcebook account to use the site ..
Any site or company that only uses farcebook is on my avoid at all cost list and is not worth doing business with or dealing with.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
absolute power corrupts absolutely facebook are openly censoring sensitive issues which is spooking the herd

the stuff these guys are pulling is waking up the masses

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I am starting to agree. Since I joined ATS I've been on there less. I've been thinking about how things will be if I quit using it. I admit it will be a hard thing to do as my community use it as a forum to post local happenings, crime, stuff for sale, ext... and I'm always checking it when I'm out of town. Seeing Facebook buy out things I'm interested in is another turn-off. I don't want everything controlled my one source, makes me think of the terminator movies lol
Maybe one day I'll wean myself off the FB teat, I hope disabling the app on my phone is a good first step (wouldn't let me disable)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
just screw your face up and say facebook mmmm that is for old people everyone uses twitter now dude

sit back and watch the shares tumble

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Those that flock to them appear to be narcissists. It should be called narcissist book or 'boast while we mine your data' book.

I used to like facebook, it was sort of interesting, people posting funny things, friends that I hadn't seen in years, it was nice to catch up, and some sites like national geographic would post interesting things.

Then along appears a few narcissist friends that 'overshare', pictures of their kids 'being cute' and themselves in whichever boastful activity or place they can find and posing like they think of themselves as Kate Moss. Very distasteful.

I don't mind the occasional photo, perhaps a mixture of intelligent posting, say an interesting article, some humour, like the mixture of a good personality but the 'barrage narcissists' and their 'I can barrage too' lot ruined it. I do not want to open my facebook news feed to a daily 'look at me' fest, it's the equivalent of your neighbour bringing round their holiday snaps every day and suggesting you coo at them all when really they are rather uninteresting and the whole 'my daily life in your face' is vulgar and distasteful.

Then there is the facebook, 'suggested read' spam, which needs clicking on if you don't want a daily blah from whichever site is their flavour of the hour.

Add to that data mining and stalker alert, where you go, things you do, things you like sort of anti privacy, just adds to the distastefulness of it all. And besides most of those that think of themselves as oh so interesting just aren't, and if it can be said in a private conversation, best put it on a private conversation.

Goodness knows how it is affecting the general evolution of society and aiding the 'state control' nature of life.
edit on 20-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Proud of my non-membership to that data-mining outfit - it is a prime example of a waste of time and serves no purpose in proper human interaction but trains people to be keyboard warriors or keyboard idiots.....or both (usually both)

edit on 20-8-2014 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I got on Facebook in order to stay in touch with family members easily (let's face it, it is easy), but over time, I've begun using it as an advertising platform for my writing.

Turns out it was a good thing I moved to the advertising angle, as even with EVERY member of my family on my "Friends" list, I still don't hear anything about what's going on from them, and as a result, it's rare that I even look at it unless I'm posting about a book release.

Facebook is tool for me, and nothing more; I'll never understand how some people can't seem to function without it.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Sports + Facebook is where I drew the line and just said no more!

I used to login to FB about once a day in the evening to check any new messages or whatever new was going on. Because I decided to 'like' a certain sports team, it ended up offering me news about them instantly upon logging in. So what'd happen is I'd say, "I think I'll check my FB mail and then watch tonight's game that I missed earlier."

That's all it took to convince me Facebook is pure evil.

edit on 21-8-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Facebook is bad, I agree. Even though my account is set to private, I avoid posting anything too controversial because you never know who's reading it. A future employer? But I disagree that it's all leftie stuff. I have plenty of friends who post a conservative or libertarian viewpoint. It mostly depends on what you click.

But if you think FB is bad, just wait. More and more official presences are on TUMBLR, which is a dysfunctional place if there ever was one. I refuse to join so I can read a thousand "So-and-so reblogged this post" and teenage nonsense.

Lately I've wanted to comment on several stories that required some other social media login like FB or Twitter, and being unwilling to post my real name, I just leave. So the conversation gets more and more limited. I don't like when I have to ask for customer service through something like Twitter and all my subscribers can read it.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I agree with everything you say about Facebook OP. It's awful. That said, I made my first account last winter when I moved to Europe. All my friends and family have been using it for years. I would prefer to stay-in-touch, send pics etc via email. But none of my friends and family use email for whatever reason. They have it, but ignore it. So while it damages my soul to be a member of Facebook it allows me to easily see what my friends and family back home are doing, and tell them what I am doing in return. The amount of dumb on there makes me want to poke my eyes out some days. Like most of the internet, really.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I totally agree with you.

I have never signed up for this nasty controlled hog wash site, and never would.

Don't understand why a lot of people do, their choice.

Its benile boring bilge crap.

Alot friends can't understand why I haven't got a FB account.

Every other website/game or game console always asks to link your FB or Twitter account!

Don't want, don't understand why people want it, sad and shallow?

OH....One other thing, a couple of friends thought it would be a good idea to make an account for me on FB.

Even 10 years later after i closed the account i am still getting messages and requests from FB.......Even though i have changed my email address!

Can you explain that to me?
edit on 21-8-2014 by panicman66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kalunom
Facebook is an excellent social networking and multimedia sharing tool.
Top bad you guys don't know how to use it.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Oh strange, I have anti-Mosanto pages on my facebook that post reguraly...

At least on my Facebook, I see posts against corruption, against NATO, against zionism, against capitalism.
I see natural cures, I see stuff against cancer, spirituality, intelligent discussions etc.

I see good people post good ideas on Facebook everyday.

You guys think that ATS isn't mining your data?

Well that's a good one.

Yes it's a corporate mining tool, yes a lot of people post useless and stupid things but seriously, most of you seem to be blinded by fear about Facebook while knowing barely nothing about it.
Facebook is just a tool, learn to use it to your advantage.

Fear destroys logic, stop fearing and start knowing.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

One day, some years ago I posted a YouTube vid of the chineese army. This army showed their well oiled dicipline in a presentation for their leaders.

Next thing I received a message I couldn't upload vids anymore. And to this day I 'suffer' ..

Maybe I applaude the chineese to much for their effort..

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

Facebook it's this site were you tell everyone everything !

Correction...
Facebook it's this site were you ***CAN*** tell everyone everything !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join