It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Foley beheading a Fake?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I thought this was interesting

www.bbc.co.uk...

The extremist group, Islamic State (IS), posted footage of the killing online, which has since been verified by the White House. The Metropolitan Police has warned that ""viewing, downloading or disseminating" " the video might be an offence under terrorism laws.

Disseminating would be an offense?

The smell gets stronger.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
That's exactly what I thought the first time I saw the video

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

The Metropolitan Police has warned that "viewing, downloading or disseminating" the video might be an offence under terrorism laws.

What the F N Heck is happening, people?

I think I'll reread Orwell soon.

AAC

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I have seen (unfortunately) a lot of beheadings with knives… even with blunt knives (don't ask me why i do it… i ask my self the same thing each time) and i have to say i am relieved that so many people also felt that this video looked fake.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I have found an uncensored picture of the body and head. I don't normally watch these gore videos and pictures as I don't want images of death ingrained in my mind as I find it so abhorrent but my suspicions were raised by the isssues raised in this thread.

This video, I feel is a load of rubbish and makes people that question things look like tin foil hat wearing idiots. I especially hate the fact that he says 100% proof when it clearly isn't. 100% proof is something that is banded around in conspiracy circles way too often and is only really 100% proof of the fact that you shouldn't really set your opinions in concrete, but rather keep them liquid.

But I digress.....

The picture is at the end and is one I have not yet seen. Please be warned, this is graphic.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

[snip]

Be warned the link below is very disturbing I already regret seeing the other images further down on the page. I would also like to distance myself from the somewhat bigoted purpose of the website in question (barenakedislam)
Edit: (link removed, please see explanation at bottom of post.)

Has everybody else actually already seen these images and I've just missed it in this thread? Sorry if that is the case, it's just that the censoring of the final image was certainly something that raised my suspicions higher.
edit on 21-8-2014 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

Further edit...... I have been advised to remove the second link as it is too gruesome. If you wish to see a clearer picture for analysis of the aftermath for the purpose of unravelling the answers then try searching for 'James Foley fake' on Google and clicking on the link for the barenakedislam page, that is how I found it.

edit on 22-8-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Removed link to video that contained gore.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: b14warrior

You may have missed the recent T&C reminder and unaware of T&C in general but Mos are cracking down. If you post link to graphic pics you can be banned.

First link might be ok because you have to agree to move forward. The second link is best if you discard.
edit on 21-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The video certainly doesn't show a beheading and actually the knife looks like a prop. There is zero blood as the camera fades away, and then the aftermath image shows a totally different knife on the ground.

Impossible to know what happened I guess. We're all being played one way or another. He could have been killed later, humanely or not.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

You may have missed the recent T&C reminder and unaware of T&C in general but Mos are cracking down. If you post link to graphic pics you can be banned.

First link might be ok because you have to agree to move forward. The second link is best if you discard.

Thanks for the heads up, I will rectify. I will tell people how to find using a google search though.

Your thoughts on my previous post and questions? Are these new to people on here? Do these shed any further light on them in yours (and anybody else's) opinions?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Why was the sound so perfect? ... no wind or background noise either. It sounds like the sound track was laid down later in a sound studio.

Isn't that interesting? Here's something else which some might find interesting ...

fo·ley (fl) n. 1. A technical process by which sounds are created or altered for use in a film, video, or other electronically produced work. 2. A person who creates or alters sounds using this process.
source

I've not seen the video. I don't suppose anyone has a transcript of it, of what is actually said?

OH
edit on 21-8-2014 by OratoryHeist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

Bingo. Good eye my friend. Poorly done propaganda to wind up the war machine once again. Embarrassingly piss poor job of it too. I've seen a number of undeniably authentic beheadings online. This one is 100% bogus.

edit on 21-8-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm glad to see a thread where people are discussing this and not just ridiculing those who aren't convinced.

I believe its fake, I don't know what happened to the man but the video and the scene at the end where the man is cutting his throat is total bullocks.

1. If you were about to have your head cut off, you'd be a mess. You'd be full of adrenalin and shaking, anxious. This man was reading a prepared message calm, clear, concise like he was at home. No man, not even a trained SAS warrior could sit so calm and relaxed like that when someone is about to cut his head off.

2. The dirt around the feet of the ''corpse'' is barely disturbed. If you'd watch the be-headings from Iraq you'd see the victim thrashing about and needing to be held down by multiple people. There would be dirt and scuff marks all over the place. look at his feet, the bottom of his pants, this isnt a man who has struggled in the dirt.

3. The man with the knife makes a few cuts at his throat, there's not one drop of blood coming down his throat before it goes black

4. ISIS are not scared of showing gore. Look at their previous movies. They have no problem showing brains, blood and smashed skulls. The idea that they cut to reduce gore is fantasy. also, ISIS movies have run for 30minutes before. Cutting out an apparent 7minute death scene is not what ISIS do.

People go on about the reason WHY someone would fake this. Well, look at the response? People are outraged, they want revenge and blood. It has provoked an emotional response against Muslims and the middle east.

5. Look at the sudden insistence from the government and media that people NOT watch this movie or distribute it. That has never happened before, not with any American killed, not with any gruesome movie. Even Saddam's movie wasn't suppressed. For the government and the media to all of a sudden threaten prosecution, says to me they are scared that this fake is a little to obvious.

Like I said I'm glad there are some critical thinkers in this thread! Thumbs up team!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

5. Look at the sudden insistence from the government and media that people NOT watch this movie or distribute it. That has never happened before, not with any American killed, not with any gruesome movie. Even Saddam's movie wasn't suppressed. For the government and the media to all of a sudden threaten prosecution, says to me they are scared that this fake is a little to obvious.

This is the most compelling "evidence" I have seen to support this claim, its not just in the US, here in Europe as well. Now with the live leak stopping the footage. The question is, why? To get more boots on the ground?

And I keep asking this question over and over, why now? The guy disappeared over two years ago.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I saw it and it was so fake it made me laugh and spill my cup of tea all over my keyboard. Before anyone lamblasts me about how "inhuman" I am, TPTB have been toating this fake terrorism # for years; I didnt buy it then and I certainly dont buy it now.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OratoryHeist

You asked for a transcript of the video, here it is:

James Foley Transcript

I call on my friends, family, and loved ones to rise up against my real killers, the US government. For what will happen to me is only a result of their complacency and criminality.

My message to my beloved parents, save me some dignity, and don’t accept some meagre compensation, for my death, from the same people who effectively hit the last nail in my coffin with their recent aerial campaign in Iraq.

I call on my brother John, who is a member of the US Air Force. Think about what you are doing, think about the lives you destroy, including those of your own family. I call on you John, think about who made the decision to bomb Iraq recently and kill those people, whoever they may have been. Think John, who did they really kill? And did they think about me, you, our family when they made that decision?

I died that day John, when your colleagues dropped that bomb on those people they signed my death certificate. I wish I had more time. I wish I could have the hope of freedom and seeing my family once again. But that ship has sailed. I guess all in all I wish I wasn’t American.

The Barbaric Low Life Transcript

This is James Wright Foley, an American citizen of your country. As a government, you have been at the forefront of the aggression towards the Islamic State. You have plotted against us and have gone far out of your way to find reasons to interfere in our affairs. Today, your military air force is attacking us daily in Iraq, your strikes have caused casualties among Muslims.  You’re no longer fighting an insurgency, we are an Islamic army, and a state that has been accepted by large number of Muslims world wide, so effectively, any aggression towards the Islamic State, is aggression towards Muslims from all walks of life who has accepted the Islamic caliphate as their leadership, so any attempt by you Obama to deny the Muslims their rights of living in safety under the Islamic caliphate will result in the bloodshed of your people.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I am yet to make up my mind over this, I suspect I will never fully 100% know.
I do have one question for those that think it is fake..... who is the dead guy at the end then? Is it not really a dead person or is it just somebody else?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: b14warrior
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I am yet to make up my mind over this, I suspect I will never fully 100% know.
I do have one question for those that think it is fake..... who is the dead guy at the end then? Is it not really a dead person or is it just somebody else?

Anybody?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

A still image is very easy to photoshop. There's a reason they showed a still vs video footage.

So I think the body isn't him or isn't even a dead body to begin with.

That's my theory.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

edit on 21-8-2014 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Take a look at the cut neck line on the dead body. It is almost completely straight line. For someone that is noticeably sawing in the grinning if the video, how could it be that straight. Of course this is circumstantial, but to the Oberon that said they've seen many beheadings, ids it normal to be perfectly straight?

Can I get in trouble by Feds for creating this thread?

I guess I can I can always say this was a satirical conspiracy site that is not meant to be taken seriously.

AAC

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The video does strike up as suspicious, because of the high quality and different takes. But then again they abducted journalists who probably have the equipment and supplies to make that video ? And as far as him being really calm and the knife not being big enough, i would say maybe he was either drugged or not showing his fear that much. He did looked really stressed about the situation, and the size of the knife is completely ok to behead someone. Mexican cartels use knifes smaller that the one used in the video, and they sometimes drugged their victims before recording to keep them calm while sending their message.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join