It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Phone Fell Into A Barrel Of Hydroflouric Acid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace
Nope.
I am having trouble believing that the incident in the OP occurred in the first place.
I am making light of it... not you or your post.

ETA:
I just looked to be sure, the OP has not responded to the thread since the original post.
edit on bu312014-08-21T11:45:04-05:0011America/ChicagoThu, 21 Aug 2014 11:45:04 -050011u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

if you are going to offer advice - FFS give correct advice - not Shiite you pulled out your arse

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
And I thought it was bad when I ran my phone over with the riding mower. PLOP FIZZZZZZZZZZ

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

if you are going to offer advice - FFS give correct advice - not Shiite you pulled out your arse

I am certified in safety with both HF & HC in concentrations as high as 15%, have used it for many years in large scale descaling operations to remove glass deposits from Steam generators, and know exactly, how to treat it, how to use it, and how to handle it safely, and apply first aid should there be a mishap.

I don't need to pull anything out of my arse. But apparently you feel the need to write like one, and quit acting like an ignorant ape and be polite and ask a question, rather than be accusatory about someone you know nothing about.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Nope.
I am having trouble believing that the incident in the OP occurred in the first place.
I am making light of it... not you or your post.

ETA:
I just looked to be sure, the OP has not responded to the thread since the original post.

Thanks it did seem odd to have a full drum of HF open and uncovered. It is very dangerous stuff. The largest container I have seen is 5 gallon, and 1 gallon of either HF or HC that was 99% for rocket fuel. The stuff I used we always joked about because it would smoke immediately upon taking off the lid to the bottle, and if you dropped a valve with a aluminum handle in the tank the handle would disappear in minutes.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

ok - have it your way - you can stand around with your bar of soap and tube of " antibacterial ointment " WTF ??

I shall stick with the methodology laid down by the HSE , which is [ for the record - splashes on skin // immersion of extremites ] :

remove all affected clothing
sluice with copious quantities of water
topical application of calcium glucanite jelly
injections ofcalcium glucanite soln. into tissue[ if availiable // trained personel ]

there is another optional treatment - which I forget - an alternate chemical neutraliser solution with ice that any extremities can be immersed in . but our regieme was ignore that - and slaver a dressing in calcium glucanite jelly - use that to cover the wuond site and secure with a ice pack for transport to hospital .

obviously - eye contact had a different treatment - some drops - forget name and oxygen for inhalation - you really needed a doc for inahation as the spec said IV of the calcium glucanite

that's it

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

ok - have it your way - you can stand around with your bar of soap and tube of " antibacterial ointment " WTF ??

I shall stick with the methodology laid down by the HSE , which is [ for the record - splashes on skin // immersion of extremites ] :

remove all affected clothing
sluice with copious quantities of water
topical application of calcium glucanite jelly
injections ofcalcium glucanite soln. into tissue[ if availiable // trained personel ]

there is another optional treatment - which I forget - an alternate chemical neutraliser solution with ice that any extremities can be immersed in . but our regieme was ignore that - and slaver a dressing in calcium glucanite jelly - use that to cover the wuond site and secure with a ice pack for transport to hospital .

obviously - eye contact had a different treatment - some drops - forget name and oxygen for inhalation - you really needed a doc for inahation as the spec said IV of the calcium glucanite

that's it

And yet you did not mention that everything you listed missed the most important aspect of your remedies. All of it unnecessary if you had been wearing the protective clothing, eye protection, and a breathing apparatus. Something anyone that has been through even the simplest safety program would have learned. Something wiki doesn't tell you.

thats it.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

and " whoosh " the goal posts move - bravo
- didn't mention PPE when you started this did you ?? - funny that .

edit to add :

lets cut to the chase - lets see you cite use of " anti bacterial ointment " as a first response treatment for HF burns // poisoning

edit on 22-8-2014 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join