My Phone Fell Into A Barrel Of Hydroflouric Acid

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That really sucks. I can't go into too much detail about why I was near a barrel of hydrofluoric acid that didn't have a lid on it. I can say though that my phone was in my shirt pocket and it slid right out and splashed into the barrel. Needless to say I jumped back to avoid any chemical burns before the splash. It was however interesting to see my phone bubble and fizz into non-existence. Insurance won't pay for a replacement, that sucks too. But at least I escaped the accident unscathed.




posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Glad you didn't get hurt. And did you get the phone out? That would suck if you had to report it and OSHA got involved.



posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
put it in a bag of rice and it'll be fine



posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   


I can't go into too much detail about why I was near a barrel of hydrofluoric acid that didn't have a lid on it.


Ummm Walt is that you?




posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: knightsofcydonia
put it in a bag of rice and it'll be fine


What kind of rice do you use?



posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Geez, rice isn't going to help that, at all.


Sucks you lost your phone, but glad you are fine. We have a small amount of that here at work, and the bosses freak out ever time it is opened. Can't imagine having a barrel of it sitting around.



posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Don't cook the rice beforehand.
Just sayin'



posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Were you making soap? Does your soap smell yummy?
The burns on Google look awful. Goodbye phone! Happy you're alright!
edit on 20-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Even inhaling a little bit of the fumes will make you pee and poop blood for a week.
Yummy hydrofluoric acid



posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

claims of "open barrels "of hydrofluoric acid in the real world trigger my bull# detector



posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

Quick!

Reach in and grab it!

lol

Peace



posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What were you doing near a barrel of open hydrofluoric acid? Must be something to do with where you work. What do they use the acid for there? Not trying to be nosy, just curious of what it is used for at the place you work at.



posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Are you sure it wasn't hydrochloric acid? Hydroflouric acid is primarily used to benefit from its ability to etch glass and in the semiconductor processes used in product wafer fabrication. And Hydroflouric acid "splashes" on the skin may not be immediately noticeable, but will become very noticeable and very painful as it seeks to work its way down to the bones.



posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm sure acid was involved, and it wasn't hydrofluoric.




posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You should only use hydro acid... This is ATS; didn't you learn all things with anything related to fluoride is bad? tststs...


And yes, you're lucky you didn't get splashed...



posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: knightsofcydonia
put it in a bag of rice and it'll be fine


Rice will be useless for this, also note that if you get any HF on you, you will need an antibacterial ointment after neutralization (Soapy Water), bacteria keeps growing and it continues to eat away at your skin. HF is nasty stuff.
Enjoy getting the latest greatest phone.



posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: knightsofcydonia
put it in a bag of rice and it'll be fine


Rice will be useless for this, also note that if you get any HF on you, you will need an antibacterial ointment after neutralization (Soapy Water), bacteria keeps growing and it continues to eat away at your skin. HF is nasty stuff.
Enjoy getting the latest greatest phone.

I recommend that people paying partial attention to this thread....

Do not cook rice in antibacterial ointment and put your dissolved cell phone in a bag with it.



posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
pics?



posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Sorry Asynchrony, not what you want, but I'm kind of jealous. I would have been fascinated to watch your phone bubble and fizz into non-existence. It is the kind of experiment I would love to do with my science classes at school, but would not be allowed to do for health and safety reasons. An accident like that would be really cool to observe.

Sorry for that gleeful morbid curiosity. It really sucks that you lost your phone, but the manner in which you lost it is awesome. I am glad you were unhurt.



posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: knightsofcydonia
put it in a bag of rice and it'll be fine


Rice will be useless for this, also note that if you get any HF on you, you will need an antibacterial ointment after neutralization (Soapy Water), bacteria keeps growing and it continues to eat away at your skin. HF is nasty stuff.
Enjoy getting the latest greatest phone.

I recommend that people paying partial attention to this thread....

Do not cook rice in antibacterial ointment and put your dissolved cell phone in a bag with it.


Is that what you got out of my post?





new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join