It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web translator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Is there today an existing internetbased
web translator that takes GRAMMAR into
account...

Google translate is imho absolutely USELESS....

I need to translate some pages from English to swedish and
im cheeeeeep as a churchrat... NO PAY....
And no, i cant do it myself...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The problem is that all translators I know are now based on statistics and depend on the quality of the data given to them for the translations, that's why Google, for example, asks for alternatives, so their systems can learn more.

Also, from what I have seen, if you want to translate to or from a less used language you start getting problems, as there is less data available.

In conclusion, I can only suggest the ones I use the most, Google, Bing, Babylon and Linguee (that works in a different way), but I also suggest you search for translation forums (there are several) and ATS' own The UFO-Alien Applied Linguistics Registry, where several ATS members offered their services to do translations.

(Although originaly related to UFO sightings I'm sure any of them would help in any other case).

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Mmm... I was thinking more of a
webtranslator like google, were
i can translate a whole webpage,
inert a link and translate page...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

I didn't think that "pages" meant "webpages", sorry for that.

In that case, after another look, besides Google and Bing, you can also try WorldLingo, SDL Free Translation and Systran (not as good as the previous ones, at least in my tests).

These are the ones I could find that translate to Swedish, but I didn't search too long for it. As I don't know Swedish I tried with French to see if the translations were acceptable.

I hope this helps more than my previous answer.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hmmm...The SDL one seemed to be
"okej". Its not good, but ok....

top topics

join