It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First day of school--- only cost me $87 for supplies and $113 for new clothes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We had to pay an additional 5 grand for Competition Cheerleading.

What happened to just cheering for the boys and acting like snobs ?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
We had to pay an additional 5 grand for Competition Cheerleading.

What happened to just cheering for the boys and acting like snobs ?

My oldest is in band this year... $300 for a flute... then at least that much again for books, music stand, oils and cleaners and and and and and and---- sighs.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I wish it was that cheap for me... It cost us over 300 just for shoes!
We have three teenagers though. The school supply lists are outrageous also.
I'm glad we put extra money into our savings because after everything was said and done we spent a good penny.
Now I can use that to get extra chores done around the homestead

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps
It never ends. You're right. Winter, spring, summer, fall...not to mention all the in-betweens that they gotta have. But I think it may all be worth it somehow.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Good parenting at a time like this is amazing to see. a reply to: HardCorps

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
my youngest....he has had some help losing a holy ton of weight, and still has a "weighs" to go (haha). So we are cleaning out the closets, which hold untold number of shirts he/I have acquired over the recent years which have not fit either of us.

He is so excited to be able to go school shopping for free. I have a love seat with all the shirts/pants folded neatly and stacked. the stacks are higher than the b ack of the couch.

Tonight is "school shopping" night, with the balance being deposited with a local charity.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ye gods! Ours will start his pre-K next year. Our schools in this place suck, so husband and I have been looking hard at private school. We've run the numbers over and over and decided that if we just bite the bullet and accept that we will never, ever have any money, we can just afford to put him in a good school.

But the alternative is to see him go off to a district that's totally dysfunctional and Common Core all the way.

I can't wait to shop for the uniforms so I don't have to hear the arguments about having to have the cool clothes for school.
edit on 20-8-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Back to school sale on jeans $19.99
Clearance sale on jeans in JUNE $6.20

Same jeans. I have two boys. My budget requires me to be frugal and I got them shirts one a trip, pants another trip so it didn't break the budget.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Ye gods! Ours will start his pre-K next year. Our schools in this place suck, so husband and I have been looking hard at private school. We've run the numbers over and over and decided that if we just bite the bullet and accept that we will never, ever have any money, we can just afford to put him in a good school.

But the alternative is to see him go off to a district that's totally dysfunctional and Common Core all the way.

I can't wait to shop for the uniforms so I don't have to hear the arguments about having to have the cool clothes for school.

Be careful. My sisters kids have to have uniforms from a specific store because some gets a kickback. That specific store has a logo you can't get. So the entire school pays 3x too much just because there's a contract so someone can make money.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join