It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran Cop: 'If You Don't Want To Get Shot,' Shut Up -- Even If We're Violating Your Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Sunil Dutta, a 17-year veteran of the Los Angeles Police Department and professor of homeland security at Colorado Tech University, has a suggestion for victims of police violence searching for someone to blame: Look in the mirror.

Veteran Cop: 'If You Don't Want To Get Shot,' Shut Up -- Even If We're Violating Your Rights

This angers me and makes me want to revolt, or "act out" even more!

Moderators please remove thread- I looked but did not see the post.

edit on 20-8-2014 by I1Am1Ready1Are1You because: repost

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This was just posted here it actually still shows up in the new thread option its a few down from yours.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
Thanks bud... perhaps it was added while i was preparing this thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: I1Am1Ready1Are1You

Hey no problem bro it happened to me yesterday as well I hate it when that happens. I disagree with that cop as well I might add I personally think he is probably an ass.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
As sophisticated a civilization as we think we are, the law of the jungle still applies as it has for tens of thousands of years. Whoever exerts the most/deadliest force is in charge. The human animal is a primitive dangerous disgusting beast and that's the painful truth of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: I1Am1Ready1Are1You

Why does that anger you? It is the best piece of advice anyone can get.

The best part:

"But if you believe (or know) that the cop stopping you is violating your rights or is acting like a bully, I guarantee that the situation will not become easier if you show your anger and resentment,".

Police are very methodological. If you understand their concerns, and understand their methods and tactics, then you will have a better experience with the police if you ever find yourself dealing with them.

You must know, once a cop has made a decision, it is rare for them to change their mind. If that decision happens to violate your rights, you can inform them of that politely, but if it doesn't affect his decision right then and there, then you might as well give up, and deal with it later at the police station or in court. Escalating the matter right there on the street will only make things worse. Resisting and fighting about it will only escalate things to a situation you don't want to be in, especially if you get physical, and or resists handcuffs and or being searched after they decided to arrest you.

The quote / title of this topic can easily be interpreted wrong, and you may think he is saying "if you don't shut up they will shoot you" literally. But what he is really saying is, "if you dont fight or resist, things wont escalate to the point where force (possibly deadly) is used.".

I see it all the time... Tons of video out there of it happening on the net. I call it self fulfilled conflict. Here is one good example:

If this woman would have just accepted the ticket, and fought it in court instead of resist it on the street, she would have been on her way. If she would have got out of the vehicle like they asked, she wouldn't have gotten tazed... She did this to herself...

That is what the officer in OP was referring to.

Go ahead and proceed to insult me. I can take it.
edit on 20-8-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: I1Am1Ready1Are1You

Sunil Dutta, a 17-year veteran of the Los Angeles Police Department and professor of homeland security at Colorado Tech University, has a suggestion for victims of police violence searching for someone to blame: Look in the mirror.

This angers me and makes me want to revolt, or "act out" even more!

Moderators please remove thread- I looked but did not see the post.

Don't get het up by this character. If he has an 'ology of some sort, it doesn't make what is coming out of his gub any less of a drivel. I guess that's where the DHS philosophy is headed...straight into Orwellian times, where justice is irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The cop has some practical advice that seems like the most obvious way to keep from getting beat down or shot by an LEO. You can't win any game you play with the cops, just get your case before a sympathetic judge and make a big stink after the fact, when you're out of cops hands and safe someplace else besides the jail cell.

It's a bad deal that you have to act like that in the land of the free, but I don't want to commit suicide by cop or have to suffer traumatic injuries because of a "routine" traffic stop. Swallow your pride and keep your mouth shut long enough to fight it safely at a later time.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Please add further comments to the discussion located here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks

Thread Closed.

top topics

join