It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Cop Investigated For Offensive Ferguson Facebook Post

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: kaylaluv

I doubt anything will happen at all. His superior will call him up and say dude don't do that and that will be all.

Serious question, what should be his punishment then?

What should your punishment be for speaking out on ATS?

Just use your real name and I'm sure you,
and we all have said things that would get you fired or punished at work.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

a reply to: interupt42

You're right maybe it's not about race, maybe the cop just can't understand mass amounts of anger spilling into the streets when a hockey team didn't even lose the Stanley Cup.

I'm not sure but did you just make a racist joke? Are you implying the association of white people and hockey?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

I doubt anything will happen at all. His superior will call him up and say dude don't do that and that will be all.

Isn't that profiling?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

His conduct record should be looked at (oh but wait they don't keep conduct records on cops, any conduct reports against officers are attached to the case they were working on, oops)... and if it's a pattern he definitely shouldn't be a cop anymore.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

If you like, but it'd be kinda dumb to be racist against my own skin color.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

If you like, but it'd be kinda dumb to be racist against my own skin color.

ignorance doesn't discriminate.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

His conduct record should be looked at (oh but wait they don't keep conduct records on cops, any conduct reports against officers are attached to the case they were working on, oops)... and if it's a pattern he definitely shouldn't be a cop anymore.

Ok we now need a compilation of all your ATS posts to send to your employer

Your employer needs to seriously look at everything you have said online

Including your Facebook posts

so he/she can determine if there is a pattern in your postings

that render you unfit for your job

because you don't think correctly and your thoughts may tarnish your employer

or even be potentially dangerous to people not of your ethnicity, religion, non-religion whatever

At any job the thoughts you express online could lead to behavior that is dangerous toward not just the public, but toward other employees

BTW - this post is satire, because I just realized many of you here don't recognize satire when you see it.

edit on 9Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:38:43 -0500am82008amk203 by grandmakdw because: clarity

edit on 9Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:53:02 -0500am82008amk203 by grandmakdw because: added BTW

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Nope. It's unfortunate that the dudes post of "Michael Brown" went viral (blame Stormfront). But if you had bothered to read the article it states that it is Department Policy:

statements made by members of the force on social media should not "ridicule, malign, disparage or otherwise express bias against any race, any religion or other protected class of individuals."

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Nope. It's unfortunate that the dudes post of "Michael Brown" went viral (blame Stormfront). But if you had bothered to read the article it states that it is Department Policy:

statements made by members of the force on social media should not "ridicule, malign, disparage or otherwise express bias against any race, any religion or other protected class of individuals."

I said it was idiotic of him to post , but that doesn't make him a racist right out of the gate.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I am positive he knew the guy in the picture was NOT Brown, I am positive he was not trying to pass him off as Brown, but rather engaging in steam venting satire.

Our society has become a bunch of overly sensitive crybabies.

I see the post as not expressing bias against race, but rather bias against coddled criminals,

if coddled criminals is now a protected class

which it looks like they are becoming
then we are all in trouble

and take the advice of many police chiefs around the country
and learn to defend ourselves

because the police won't be able to defend us anymore

BTW - Just to be clear, the above post was NOT satire. I can tell some of you have trouble distinguishing between satire and non-satire.

edit on 9Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:47:01 -0500am82008amk203 by grandmakdw because: format

edit on 9Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:54:34 -0500am82008amk203 by grandmakdw because: added BTW

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I don't see what's offensive about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
IMHO, it shows a lack of civility and a certain social ignorance - poor qualities for someone dealing with the public. Should he be fired? Of course not. But if I had a claim of a racial nature against this officer that had been dismissed prior, I would get a lawyer and demand a review.
edit on 8/20/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Sure it doesn't.

"Remember how white people rioted after OJ's acquittal? Me neither,"

So in other words, white people don't riot.

There's white people NOW rioting in Ferguson right alongside the black people doing it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Yes I must be a sensitive crybaby because I don't want racists wielding the authority that a police officer does.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Yes those are all valid "MAYBE" but he is already prosecuted as a racist based on "MAYBE". "Maybe" the person who reads his post and interpets it as those things is racist aswell?

Why do you think he would post a photo of a hardened criminal and try to pass it off as Michael Brown? What would you think if a black guy posted on Facebook with a sarcastic comment about the "goodness and innocence" of the white cop who shot Michael Brown, then he posted a photo of some random white cop pepper spraying a small black child? Would you think that would be racist of the black person in any way?

As far as your video, I don't see this guy making a comparison with whites. He doesn't say or imply that whites don't cause as much trouble. Besides, a racist is a person who believes that their own race is superior to other races, so no, I don't think the black person in your video is a racist.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill. You're just stirring s*** to make trouble.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Maybe he notices what this guy notices and is equally as frustrated?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill. You're just stirring s*** to make trouble.

I think the Missouri cop who posted on Facebook was stirring s*** to make trouble. This is just our reaction to that s***.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

My point was it was SATIRE, it appears to be about "criminals" in general, using Brown as an example of an overly coddled (by the media calling him a gentle giant) and "sainted by the community" bully criminal.

A bully criminal who attacked a tiny Asian who confronted him for stealing from his store. He was a criminal, period, I'd say the same no matter the color of his skin.

The only reason you think it is racist is because of the color of Brown's skin. You are reading more into it than is there.
That is the overly sensitive part. When taking things this far on crying racism, (the facebook post), our society is in grave danger.

We have now taken it upon ourselves to read another persons thoughts - and condemn them for what we think they are thinking. Worse yet, the US government and Holder are actually acting on assumption of thought in many criminal cases - where the thought may or may not have been there. And since when is thought a crime?

Now I guess - better check your every action, your every glance, your every move -

or end up in jail if you see a scary looking
(I classify big white dudes covered with tattoos and piercings as scary) person and step aside to avoid them.

By the definition we are seeing now with the DOJ and Holder,

that is being racist and bigoted toward white people with tattoos,

and soon will land you in jail for thinking and stepping aside to avoid them

if society keeps up this ridiculous thought policing.

edit on 10Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:10:50 -0500am82008amk203 by grandmakdw because: spelling

edit on 10Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:40:08 -0500am82008amk203 by grandmakdw because: highlight thought

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
White boys get shot all the time, especially in schools, no one riots over them, so why do people riot over black boys getting shot? blacks shoot blacks, no riots.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join