It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My debt to Churches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Most of you that know me know that I have recently been through two very bad surgeries and might have to go for two more. I have just went back to work after 3 months of Medical LOA.

During this time I had to ask the Government for assistance for the first time in my life. The people at social services mad me feel like some kinda bum for even asking and when I finally got them to do something they lost my paper work and told me they had never received it so I got nothing. It took a call to my State Rep to straighten this out and finally after 2 and 1/2 months I received a whole 75$ to feed a family of four for 3 months.

During this same time the area churches and friends and family paid ALL my bills BEFORE they were even due, brought Bags of food and in general treated me like a Man. ALL without being asked.

These are the same people I have laughed at all my life. These are the people that burn Books every Halloween. These are the annoying people that want to tell me about Jesus every time we meet.

They done all of this without any pressure to go to church (they know I am a devout heathen)

These were also the first people to fight for civil rights back when we had "colored" water fountains and seating in the few restaurants that would allow them in.

This is just a way for me to say thanks to those christians that almost make a believer out of me. Not all are Gay hating narrow minded idiots, some (I will even say a lot) are good caring people that would indeed make Jesus proud.

Thank you

Amuk (Frank)

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am glad that those people were able to help you in your time of need, thats what being a christian is; helping a friend in need before they know they need it. It must have been nice to know that there really are people out there who do care, even in these times in which we live. However, while all these people may congragate at the same church, the debt you owe is not to the church. Pay your debt to the people who helped you and the God you all believe in. They were the ones who helped, and God insipred them to do it, the church is just the house in which you meet.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have both Christian and non-Christian friends, I'm going to feel guilty for saying this but my Christian friends are the more friendly, caring, peaceful, helpful etc people I know.
Many people knock Christian's for their beliefs but their beliefs make them better more caring people.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by leerwilke
However, while all these people may congragate at the same church, the debt you owe is not to the church. Pay your debt to the people who helped you and the God you all believe in. They were the ones who helped, and God insipred them to do it, the church is just the house in which you meet.

Exactly, follow their example and when and if you find yourself in a position to help someone else in need, you have done your part in as much as you are capable of doing.

new topics

top topics

join