It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackensack cops seek ‘knockout game’ suspect after three assaults

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Hackensack residents were warned to be alert as police hunted for a man who randomly approached and punched three others Monday night in what may be the first local incidents of “the knockout game.” The activity has resulted in one North Jersey death and plagued urban areas nationwide.

The three separate, sudden assaults took place within 15 minutes and involved the same man, who appeared to be acting alone, police said.

The knockout game typically involves a strolling group, with one person suddenly punching a passer-by and another recording video to display on a social media site. “Someone just walks up and cold-cocks someone in the face totally unannounced, totally unprovoked,” city police Capt. Thomas Salcedo said while detailing the local incidents.

He said that the assailant was described as a 6-foot-tall or taller black man with an athletic build who was wearing a black V-neck short-sleeved T-shirt, black pants and a Brooklyn Nets cap. The incidents all took place in the areas of Essex Street, Summit Avenue and Beech Street, Salcedo said, and the victims were two men in their 50s and another in his 20s. None of the men was seriously injured.

- See more at: www.northjersey.com...

It seems current laws aren't enough of a deterrent for this "game". I'd say if you see a group of kids and one has his camera phone out, try not to be a victim. It's sad, but it will take a few of these "kids" getting shot to make an impression on them. They think it's all fun and games, but it's not. Be alert folks, and don't put yourself in the position to not see them coming.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
In the interests of Public Safety I hope they show us all his picture,just in case anyone who knows him from the Sandbox but cannot remember him will get their shot at playing Full Contact Tag with him at moments he least expects it.
I cant wait till this guy hits Prison they are gonna have a ball with him man,I hope he has interactded with people who have some inside juice and his cummupance is already on its way.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Could be a gang initiation ceremony or whatevers they call it.

Reminds me of that story of the guy with a baseball bat.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Anyone who plays the knock out game should be shot even if they're attempting to surrender as a firearm is pointed at them.

top topics

join