It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water fluoridation 'does not lower IQ! Apparently...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Thank you to medicalnewstoday.com for making this report available.

According to one study done by the University of Otago in New Zealand. They had this to say:

"Our analysis showed no significant differences in IQ by fluoride exposure, even before controlling for the other factors that might influence scores. In line with other studies, we found breastfeeding was associated with higher child IQ, and this was regardless of whether children grew up in fluoridated or non-fluoridated areas."

Drawing data from a large study of 1,000 people born in Dunedin in New Zealand during 1972-1973 - the Dunedin Multidisciplinary Study - researchers from the University of Otago compared the IQs of study participants who grew up in suburbs with and without fluoridated water. They also took into account to what extent the participants were exposed to fluoride toothpaste or tablets while growing up.

Dr. Broadbent suggests that studies finding an association between water fluoridation and reduced IQ tend to have used poor research methodology with a high risk of bias. Speaking to Medical News Today, he said of the Harvard study: "The authors stated that each of the articles reviewed had deficiencies, in some cases rather serious. It is a meta-analysis based on poor quality research."

He adds that the Dunedin Multidisciplinary Study, by comparison, is world-renowned for the quality of its data and rigor of its analysis.

In conclusion, Dr. Broadbent says:

"Our findings will hopefully help to put another nail in the coffin of the complete canard that fluoridating water is somehow harmful to children's development. In reality, the total opposite is true, as it helps reduce the tooth decay blighting the childhood of far too many New Zealanders."

Here is the news feed with the details of the report:
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

SO... Tests from this university declares that the amount of fluoride in the water supply cannot be equated to the lowering of IQ. Whats your opinion?

PS. Googled the University, looked at their wiki page, scrolled to the bottom. Found some interesting stuff ranging from behavioral issues, couch burning, riots, code of conduct reviews and protests. Not saying that has anything to do with there academic qualifications,or that they are exempt from any other Uni here. I know some of you might look to dig some dirt on this report.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't believe them. I don't believe any of the American scientists overall. Think they work for Rockefellers.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have long suspected that fluoride was behind couch burning and riots.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I must admit, as soon as I saw this I thought... PLOY, BALLS, STAGED, MISINFORMATION, but its up for debate I suppose. a reply to: Unity_99

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Legend! Ha ha ha. a reply to: nugget1

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
'We're going to cover you in a blanket even though you're not cold, because we know for sure that people can get cold and you have to have it on all the time including the middle of summer. Oh and by the way, the blanket is made of woven pubes that we need to get rid of somehow'.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: D0M1N0

Probably need to look into where their funding comes from...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SilverStarGazer

Probably need to look into where their funding comes from...

Now that, is a good idea.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Maybe fluoridation is not harmful to IQ. Even if it is not, it is a wasteful expensive way to fix a dental problem that could have been fixed by giving everyone in the country free toothpaste. Funny how we in Europe can have good teeth without fluoridation with natural water running thru our water pipes.

Clearly fluoridation is an idea of the chemical companies to make money on something that is considered a chemical waste product. But then wasting tax payers money to increase corporations profits is the American way. Trickle up economics.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Its only helpful when applied in a topical format, not ingestion. And the last time I was at the dentist he said, and I quote, "Yea, when you finished brushing, do you swill your mouth out with water?"
"Yes" i said...
"Yea don't do that because your washing all the fluoride away..." Oh I see.... So fluoride in the water is not for that then?

Now that takes me back to a conversation with my farther many years ago...
"Dad, I can drink that water cant I? I might like drinking seawater, like if I'm dehydrated, I'll drink this seawater."
"NO! Don't do that you fool! You will dehydrate more! a reply to: LittleByLittle

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
MSM downplaying, taking dem bribes to make the sheep believe.

I don't drink tap water anyway. It's all about dat $3.33 for 6 litres of water from the nearby store and it's sourced from a natural spring. I have less to no headaches, feel better, the water tastes MUCH better - no chlorine smell and I know there's no residual hormones from menstrual blood and drug users etc.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

you didn't read the article or the sources did you ???

hint - I know you didn't because you missed NEW ZEALAND

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

just my opinion - but :

belief in the detrimental effects of fluoride in drinking water lowers IQ

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Where is the study that adding fluoride has any benefit?????
That is what is missing from the debate.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
MSM downplaying, taking dem bribes to make the sheep believe.

I don't drink tap water anyway. It's all about dat $3.33 for 6 litres of water from the nearby store and it's sourced from a natural spring. I have less to no headaches, feel better, the water tastes MUCH better - no chlorine smell and I know there's no residual hormones from menstrual blood and drug users etc.

Did you know that the vapor from menstrual blood is airborne? You ever notice when you are near the sheeple you get a bad, sort of metallic taste in your manure spreader? That's what it is.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Did you know that the vapor from menstrual blood is airborne? You ever notice when you are near the sheeple you get a bad, sort of metallic taste in your manure spreader?

sooo...

Are you saying you taste with your ass?

Also are you implying that women who haven't reached menopause yet are "sheeple"?
edit on 8/20/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

(post by YoungSkid removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OK thats cool. To be fair the lowering of the IQ stems from the subdue control that some believe may be going on (to be honest, being a conspiracy buff myself and following conspiracy's ,it kind of makes you think EVERYTHING is a little off. Now the frighting part is, it most probably is!)

But these facts still remain sir.

32 to 64 mg ingestion of fluoride can produce gastrointestinal discomfort at doses at least 15 to 20 times lower (0.2–0.3 mg/kg) than lethal doses. Although helpful for dental health in low dosage, chronic exposure to fluoride in large amounts interferes with bone formation. In this way, the greatest examples of fluoride poisoning arise from fluoride-rich ground water.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I don't believe them. I don't believe any of the American scientists overall. Think they work for Rockefellers.

Then you are in luck. The AMERICAN scientists found fluoride was bad. This is a New Zealand NON AMERICAN who has found it's not bad.

So glad to have your support on the fluoride is not bad group!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'd be more concerned about the fluoridated water calcifying Your Pineal Gland. Even though My gut tells Me, these reports 'may' even be true, But if You're never exposed, how could You gauge the level?... If the student is never exposed to TheTruth, then He will certainly not KNOW IT when it presents itself..

Who would want folks to "stay in the darK" There are copius amounts of videos re: de-calcification of the Pineal Gland, one method is to do "sun gazing" either the 1st hour or last hour of Sol..

namaste

top topics

join