It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toilets of the Gods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If you look at a logarithmic timeline of evolving genetic complexity, you get a couple of straight lines that go back billions of years, and intersect with the time the solar system was formed. There's a line that goes all the way back before the Earth was formed.

4.bp.blogspot.com...

So before bacterium were around, there were Prokaryotes:

en.wikipedia.org...

These are fairly simple. Just a thick membrane surrounding water containing a nucleus and all the cellular machinery.
It's just what you would need to survive in space.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

"Some bacteria can live in extreme temperatures"

Apollo 12 proved that bacteria can stop living in extremes of space then resume living when conditions suite.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Does fecal matter?

If this theory is not b.s., then evidently, it does.

Waste matter is, after all, something that everything makes... and for some, the only thing.

I made... indeed.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Perhaps this explains why so many humans constantly talk about all aspects of defecation. I'm hardly a prude when it comes to dirty jokes, acceptable topics for general discussion, etc etc, but do so many conversations have to be about the P word? I don't get it. I've even asked a couple coworkers and friends why on earth (and now off of it) every other discussion or comment involves this activity and its related...aspects. I mean come on, is this such a treasured human experience to rate the frequency with which it dominates some people's discussions, comments and analogous comparison to any numbers of other experiences? Why talk about something so gross so often and in such unnecessary detail???

"Its a natural bodily function" was invariably the response to my bewildered and often nauseous question, so I then asked why breathing, sleeping, even sneezing and so on were so rarely discussed in comparison? I'm not even sure they realized how frequently they talk about it until I questioned it. I personally find the topic repulsive and cannot comprehend the apparent degree to which many people are subconsciously enamored with the topic. Perhaps this theory explains it - it is a subconscious realization of our beginnings, and just as philosophers and scientists have pondered life's origins and the profound question of
"From where do we come?", thus constantly talking about Number 2 is apparently the unsophisticated mind's tackling of the same grand question.
Or some people are just gross. :-)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

It is actually not a bad theory and makes sense. The poop would have had all sorts of nutrients to help get things going and all manner of gut bacteria, viruses and complete alien cells and so forth. Good thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: Gemwolf

Brilliant idea.
Brilliant thread,

And as for this line,

Perhaps in a million years Neil Armstrong's poop will be the beginning of life on another planet?

Yep, brilliant!

HEY! Unrelated to this post...but...your signature GIF always makes me double check my screen for crawling insects. Especially while scrolling. Gets me every time

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join