Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Cost of Medical Bills for Baby Hit by SWAT Grenade? Over $800,000. County’s Refusal to Pay? Pricel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Major lawsuit time. Sue their ass into bankruptcy.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Screw it.

I don't care why the kid was there. I don't care if there were indeed drug dealers. We have a responsibility to protect the weakest members of our society, and a child in a freaking play pen is about as innocent and ill equipped to defend himself as anyone else I can imagine.

Yeah, I'm sure the cops didn't mean to harm the child. I'm pretty sure they were as sure as they could be this was the right house.

Doesn't matter. If the police accidentally scar up someone who is COMPLETELY INNOCENT they need to pay.

Except the parents, not the cops, created the situation. Parents should be charged.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I can't even begin to imagine, living in a country were the state of my health was dependent on my ability to pay.

That isn't happening in this case. The baby already got medical treatment.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: Domo1

cnn.com/2014/05/30/us/georgia-toddler-injured-stun-grenade-drug-raid/

Ok this is it

good job adding to misinformation, how many times did you post in this thread telling people there were arrests in this raid? 3 posts? 5? and yet you were wrong, from your own link (ie learn to read)

"Thonetheva was arrested at another Cornelia residence, along with three other people, shortly after the raid"

do you know what it means the word "another" as in not during this raid!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
a reply to: acacko

They didn't raid the wrong house. Thanks for proving my previous point genius!

if you raid a house looking for drugs, and you find no drugs in that house, guess what that makes that house. the wrong house.

doesnt matter if the person you were after lives there, he wasnt even there he was at, dun dun DUN A DIFFERENT HOUSE!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I can't even begin to imagine, living in a country were the state of my health was dependent on my ability to pay.

it isnt.

your broke and homeless and havent had income for a decade and go to the ER for treatment, they treat you anyway,

payment is discussed after treatment, not before, common misconception about american medical care system.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

if you raid a house looking for drugs, and you find no drugs in that house, guess what that makes that house. the wrong house.

doesnt matter if the person you were after lives there, he wasnt even there he was at, dun dun DUN A DIFFERENT HOUSE!

No, it means it's the right house and the person was not there. There was still illegal activity. It was the right house, arrests were made, parents should not have been there.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No, it means it's the right house and the person was not there. There was still illegal activity. It was the right house, arrests were made, parents should not have been there.

perhaps this is turning into a philosophical argument over the definition of right house vs wrong house, sure they got the address they were attempting to get, but the target they were after was not at that address, so from the perspective of did the flatfoots stomp into the right or wrong address as it is written on the warrant ya ok right house,

but from the perspective of did the investigators put the right address on the warrant, no they failed to determine the right location of their target thus wrong house.

tis my meaning

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

perhaps this is turning into a philosophical argument over the definition of right house vs wrong house, sure they got the address they were attempting to get, but the target they were after was not at that address, so from the perspective of did the flatfoots stomp into the right or wrong address as it is written on the warrant ya ok right house,

but from the perspective of did the investigators put the right address on the warrant, no they failed to determine the right location of their target thus wrong house.

tis my meaning

Unless I am mistaken it was the right house, the guy just wasn't there at the time. It's like saying if you are looking for me unless I am home if you raid my house it's the "wrong house". No.

The parents put their child at risk by willingly being in that environment. This is a reasonable outcome from their decision. You are welcome to check my posts, I have no love for today's LEO, but I am not going to put on them things that are not their fault.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

tis my meaning

Unless I am mistaken it was the right house, the guy just wasn't there at the time. It's like saying if you are looking for me unless I am home if you raid my house it's the "wrong house". No.

The parents put their child at risk by willingly being in that environment. This is a reasonable outcome from their decision. You are welcome to check my posts, I have no love for today's LEO, but I am not going to put on them things that are not their fault.

sure it wasnt the best place to have their child but sadly not all people in this world are so fortunate as to have a safe environment to rely on, the child and its parents included, if their options were between that house and the street, chances are better in the house.

easy to cast stones at the parents for having the child in that house, unless you walked in their shoes and felt whats its like to have no other choice.

and as a swat team performing a raid the right house is the house containing your target, whether its the house he lives in or the one he's visiting across town, if he isnt in it at the time of the raid, its the wrong house.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Willfully? Some dude is said to sell $50 worth of meth to anonymous tipper & these jack asses decide to go in guns blazing, and people like you defend this? Good thing there was no meth lab in that house cuz a concurs grenade into that tub means bye bye house & police.

The police in this situation are morons and their actions are not at all defendable.

Wtf ever happened to good old fashioned police work? Now a days they rather break down your house than actually investigate the crime. Supporting this nonsense supports a police state.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

tis my meaning

Arrests were made at another location. Also.. it wasn't a big deal it wasn't like a huge drug dealer. Hell it may not have even been a drug dealer. Last time the cops killed a guy during a no knock they said he sold to an undercover, then changed their story, then said it awas an anonymous tip.

It wasn't affecting or hurting anyone the police don't care about drugs. It's about forbidding the lower class from making real money. If you can get rich doing it without having to be rich in the first place then they can't have that. They are tax collectors. It's not about public safety, it's about keeping the poor poor.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
they pull stuff like this all the time bust in damage a placew up find no crooks or drugs and refuse to pay damages or for injuries house next door is a prime example cops heard a suspect might be in location they broke in and knocked down every closed door in house did not find their perp and no drugs house was occupied by 3 adults and a baby tried charging mother with child neglect because she had a beer in her hand when cops broke in. all charges where dropped several thousand dollars worth of coins were stole by cops and no dames were repaired.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: rockintitz

Is it wrong to raid a METH drug house that has armed felons inside. The parents knew this and still let the child inside. The parents should be arrested not the cops being blamed.

This comment displays a perpetuation of one of the greatest myths portrayed by progressives. That being that Children do not have rights and therefor may be harmed, maimed or even killed for the sins of their parents. And that making the county responsible for the medical bills is just the parents looking for a payday.

A child does not choose its family, cannot change its circumstances, the term is an immutable condition. The child is innocent and cops should always, always be responsible for the health and safety of the innocent. The real problem is the militarized SWAT no knock raids in the middle of the night. That is the real problem. Lazy cops throwing grenades through windows without knowing what is in the room is beyond negligence. Its willful, criminal and unforgivable.

The cops are guilty of so much criminal behavior and I guess they always have been, its just that video tape and the internet are making it more and more apparent that we have a severe policing problem in this country. FYI Pointing a gun at someone is felony assault. Even the military has a policy of not pointing a gun at someone because its an unnecessary escalation. yet the cops do it everyday. But throwing a grenade into a crib is both heinous and cowardly. That person has no business being a cop. IMO this cops actions are so egregious that out of shear guilt they should voluntarily sell everything they own and give the money towards this baby's medical bills. But I guess that really would be a test of ones moral compass, now wouldn't it.

But anyway go ahead and remain in that progressive mindset where children have no rights as individuals and its ok to hurt this baby because his parents were evil and the war on drugs demands its victims. /moral compass pointing down\/\/\/\/\/\/

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The threat of the police is to be a responsible citizen. What is the threat of the citizen to the police whom have been given carte blanche to do as they please without suffering consequence and to bear out the responsibility for their actions?

I'm not talking vigilante btw. I'm saying human beings are scary animals and they act out to the degree in which they are allowed to act out. If you empower any side too much mayhem will result. It's just human nature. The police have become too empowered. Which causes the pressure to build in the kettle.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Why do SWAT teams even have flashbang grenades?

And for these officers in question, I think what will make them be sorry about what they did to this baby, would be wage garnishing until at least a good portion of the medical bills are paid.. I mean they did the actions. The baby had no choice in being where he was located. No value for human life

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The child had no choice in whether to be in that house or not. Therefore in this case, the city should pay. If either of the parents were injured, then they would have brought the consequences on themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join