It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cost of Medical Bills for Baby Hit by SWAT Grenade? Over $800,000. County’s Refusal to Pay? Pricel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

cbs46.com reports that the county is not paying out, because there is a lawsuit pending on the matter, and they cannot act in this matter until that comes to some sort of conclusion, which makes a bit more sense to me.

Aahhh a new angle.. I wonder if the county refused to pay and the lawsuit was filed or the filing made them change their minds about the payment.... which would actually be proper in the states especially if the defense wants an out of court settlement. (?) Anyway thanks for the info and I agree with your post.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

just another reason to worship money huh....when life means less than money we should all realize that the game is over

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: 727Sky

Also OP it was not a botched raid, three people arrested for dealing METH. Also they had guns to protect the family business. Would you take your family to live in a place like this OP. I would rather sleep on the steet.

I think raiding the wrong house counts as a 'botched raid'

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Also OP it was not a botched raid, three people arrested for dealing METH. Also they had guns to protect the family business. Would you take your family to live in a place like this OP. I would rather sleep on the steet.

It amazes me some of the people posting on ATS. This site used to really attract some intelligent, analytical thinkers.
ftpcontent.worldnow.com...

edit on 20-8-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: acacko

They didn't raid the wrong house. Thanks for proving my previous point genius!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

just another reason to worship money huh....when life means less than money we should all realize that the game is over

Maybe human beings need to start acting like human beings, we are the most intelligent species or are atleast supposed to be.
edit on 20-8-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Thanks for the link and official discourse of what supposedly went down. That is the first time I have read anything other than the wrong house and no arrest were made. As in anything all we can do is read what articles are posted on the internet for none of us (probably) were involved in the incident. It seems anymore there are two distinctly differing stories on just about everything.. The government can do no wrong and the government is always wrong kind of camps. Somewhere in the middle there might be a truth..

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I can't even begin to imagine, living in a country were the state of my health was dependent on my ability to pay.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Maybe human beings need to start acting like human beings, we are the most intelligent species or are atleast supposed to be.

clearly we are not as intelligent as we would like to think.......we are crapping in our own backyard and then wondering what stinks....

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Does the country not carry liabilty ("Umbrella") insurance?

Insurers first step is always to secure medical treatment.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Quick and tidy solution to this problem:

1. End the failed 'war on Drugs'
2. Require that each and every police officer is bonded for 1 million dollars which is deducted from the officer's salary.
3. Require all Judges to be bonded against illegal judgements 10 million.

First one is self evident however to control the overuse of force by the 'code enforcers' and 'legal' profession, the amount that they have to pay for the bond will commiserate with how they do their job.

I am sure if I wanted to put time into this thought line I would point out problems in my own very oversimplified solution but begin by number 1 and society will get a lot calmer.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Police Raid Severely Burns Toddler And County Refuses To Cover Medical Bills

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The parents should be charged with child abuse and the the cops should not put out one single cent.

The parents knew this was a drug house and had armed felons inside it. Bad parents looking for a payday for something they caused. I wonder how many people will just buy this at face value and star and flag it. Deny ignorance ATS members.

Let's talk about the real stories that make up the police state we currently live in not propaganda. Good job OP did you look into the story before posting?

You are an idiot.
Their house burned down and they found a roof instead of the street And it wasn't an armed felon situation because there was no armed felon there plus the cops said someone (an alleged informant) bought drugs from the house once. The parents did the right thing the problem is a world where no knock raids for minor drug offenses is common.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It amazes me some of the people posting on ATS. This site used to really attract some intelligent, analytical thinkers.

Actually it was the right house, but it was a botched raid because the guy they were looking for was at another house.
They threw a grenade in a crib, how much more botched does it get?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Actually it was the right house, but it was a botched raid because the guy they were looking for was at another house.
They threw a grenade in a crib, how much more botched does it get?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
SubTruth

Yeah, lets punish infants for the sins of their parents

we got a regular ol' jehova up in here.

I dont think your kids should be punished thanks to your toxic attitutde, but that's just me.

edit on 20-8-2014 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2014 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

This is an outrage, a total bloody outrage.

The claim that it would be illegal to pay damages in order to accommodate healthcare costs, incurred by way of erroneous police action, is utterly absurd. If you are knocked down by a speeding police vehicle, you get paid out. If you are injured by bad paving, the county pays out.

When a police officer throws a flashbang into a house with no criminals or illegal substances inside, which then detonates in a babies crib, the county should pay the hell up.

cbs46.com reports that the county is not paying out, because there is a lawsuit pending on the matter, and they cannot act in this matter until that comes to some sort of conclusion, which makes a bit more sense to me.

Let me help with that, what they mean when they say it would be illegal is that it would be admission that the state was at fault and open them up to additional liabilities so they want to wait and make the family sue them because then they aren't admitting fault and they can go back to doing what they do best, sticking it to the people...

Jaden

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Guilt or innocence, valid raid or not, the county cannot legally pay. They may have wanted to, but they can't as it would be considered preferential treatment - ie, why did they pay these people voluntarily and not others? They need to be sued by those who suffered the loss or injury. The county may then choose to settle for a fair amount or take it through the courts.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Screw it.

I don't care why the kid was there. I don't care if there were indeed drug dealers. We have a responsibility to protect the weakest members of our society, and a child in a freaking play pen is about as innocent and ill equipped to defend himself as anyone else I can imagine.

Yeah, I'm sure the cops didn't mean to harm the child. I'm pretty sure they were as sure as they could be this was the right house.

Doesn't matter. If the police accidentally scar up someone who is COMPLETELY INNOCENT they need to pay.

I have to 100% agree with this. Fact is they threw a GRENADE into a house with people in it. A GRENADE is going to take part of your face off if it lands next to you. Law enforcement are the ones in the wrong here for using a flipping GRENADE in the first place. I cannot say that word enough, GRENADE people! Come on!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It is hard to "see"/read the way some people think...very bassackwards, to be sure. Will someone else come on here soon spouting that the infant deserved it as it was probably the spawn of satan anyway and will grow up to be an evil criminal. Regardless of the circumstances, this INNOCENT child should not have had to endure such pain and injury, Period! The more we condone these kinds of actions, the more we become like the IDF...regardless of the circumstances, collateral damage like that is ok? Are we all the "enemy" now, even babies? Where else have we heard that kind of philosophy?

Are we all now guilty until proven innocent and is law enforcement now also our judge, jury, and executioner...sans the right to a trial? Are we ALL citizens of Gaza now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join