Cost of Medical Bills for Baby Hit by SWAT Grenade? Over $800,000. County’s Refusal to Pay? Pricel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Cost of Medical Bills for Baby Hit by SWAT Grenade? Over $800,000. County’s Refusal to Pay? Priceless
Is the title of the linked article. The person they were looking for on the no knock raid was not there nor were there any drugs. There are many articles and even threads at ATS about what went down. The refusal to take any monetary responsibility for the botched raid coupled with the child which will need more operations due to the thrown flash bang grenade to me is a glaring example between right and wrong..

Shortly after severely burning “Baby Bou Bou” with a flash bang grenade the Habersham County Sheriff’s Department vowed to pay for the child’s medical expenses.

Last week the family discovered through medical providers that the county will not pay any medical bills. The county stated that it would be “illegal” to pay.

Recently, Alecia Phonesavanh shared her son’s injuries are so severe that doctors predict several more surgeries throughout his life to repair the hole in his chest and major facial injuries.

www.activistpost.com...

Imagine this: You’re visiting a relative’s home because your own house was destroyed by a fire. You, your spouse, and your children are peacefully sleeping and you awaken to terrifying chaos: Loud bangs, men shouting, your children screaming…you have no idea what’s going on.

Then you realize that you are the victim of a home invasion – you’re under siege…but the criminals who have burst in unannounced and launched an assault have badges and uniforms so it’s somehow legal…

The baby had a hole in his cheek, a large gaping wound in his chest, lost the use of one of his lungs, and suffered 3rd degree burns all over his small body. He was put in a medically induced coma, has undergone surgery, and doctors have yet to establish whether or not he will suffer permanent brain damage. He will most likely remain scarred for the rest of his life.

Plenty of sights reporting what went down during the raid this is just one linked in the original article. IMO this whole story should have never needed to be told for it should have never happened..
www.theorganicprepper.ca...

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
That's some bullshiite right there. I hope a bunch of really sleazy land sharks come out of the woodwork for this family and sues anyone and everyone they can to get enough money to not only pay for his surgeries, but his pain and suffering, and his future pain and suffering as well. Regardless of what surgeries they do, this little boy's face will still be damaged.

He should get enough money that he will never have to work. Maybe THEN the police will think about what they are doing before they do it. The officers claim that they staked out the house for days before going in... I'm not sure that's the truth. If it was then they would have known children were there and the person they were looking for had already left. They were in a hurry to do something and this is the result.

I would like to know who the hell they think should pay it. If I throw a lit cigarette into your home and burn it up by accident... Who's going to foot the bill for that?? Me.

Another instance of "Do As I Say Not As I Do" coming from the government. I've lost all ability to even be shocked anymore.

I'd like to smack them in the face.... with a chair.
It was a drug house, yet the cops found NO DRUGS inside. How many drug houses do you know that have no drugs in them anywhere? They didn't have anything to convict this family for, so one would assume they would not be responsible for the damages.

That would be like me getting flash bombed and injured while I was at Walmart because the same guy came in there everyday for a week and they thought/knew he was a drug dealer, and they needed to arrest him. At that point I suppose I am collateral damage.
edit on 8/20/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The parents should be charged with child abuse and the the cops should not put out one single cent.

The parents knew this was a drug house and had armed felons inside it. Bad parents looking for a payday for something they caused. I wonder how many people will just buy this at face value and star and flag it. Deny ignorance ATS members.

Let's talk about the real stories that make up the police state we currently live in not propaganda. Good job OP did you look into the story before posting?
edit on 20-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
They can't never do no wrong!
Sorry. (Brain aneurism)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Also OP it was not a botched raid, three people arrested for dealing METH. Also they had guns to protect the family business. Would you take your family to live in a place like this OP. I would rather sleep on the steet.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Also OP it was not a botched raid, three people arrested for dealing METH. Also they had guns to protect the family business. Would you take your family to live in a place like this OP. I would rather sleep on the steet.

Link please. I thought it was a botched raid to OP

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Is it wrong to raid a METH drug house that has armed felons inside. The parents knew this and still let the child inside. The parents should be arrested not the cops being blamed.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: SubTruth

Link please. I thought it was a botched raid to OP

Take nothing at face value not even my word. I am not sure how to embed links but type in habersham county sheriff in google 2nd link down I think. I trust nothing that is posted.

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Screw it.

I don't care why the kid was there. I don't care if there were indeed drug dealers. We have a responsibility to protect the weakest members of our society, and a child in a freaking play pen is about as innocent and ill equipped to defend himself as anyone else I can imagine.

Yeah, I'm sure the cops didn't mean to harm the child. I'm pretty sure they were as sure as they could be this was the right house.

Doesn't matter. If the police accidentally scar up someone who is COMPLETELY INNOCENT they need to pay.
edit on 2020140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I don't want to comment on the raid itself, I will say that this family keeping it child next to the front door like that is, well, strange...

As for the medical bills. Is not currently federal law that they have health insurance? The insurance company should be paying and arguing with the police over this, not the family. If they don't have insurance then I suggest they have the METH cooks in their family step it up to Walter White levels.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

cnn.com/2014/05/30/us/georgia-toddler-injured-stun-grenade-drug-raid/

Ok this is it

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

When they start busting down doors and assaulting tobacco and alcohol barons who may well be armed under your constitutional rights then you have a point. Until then, what makes a meth dealer any worse than those two? They all sell death.

Maybe the problem isn't the made up reason to bust in and kill and maim because of drugs.. Maybe the problem is its acceptable to some...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

That is an entire different subject....... I am for legalizing all drugs. But as it stands the parents knew this was a drug house that had armed felons inside. Would you risk it........I think not. A good parent would never take the risk.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Screw it.

I don't care why the kid was there. I don't care if there were indeed drug dealers. We have a responsibility to protect the weakest members of our society, and a child in a freaking play pen is about as innocent and ill equipped to defend himself as anyone else I can imagine.

Yeah, I'm sure the cops didn't mean to harm the child. I'm pretty sure they were as sure as they could be this was the right house.

Doesn't matter. If the police accidentally scar up someone who is COMPLETELY INNOCENT they need to pay.

A good parent would never put a child in a place like this. Dangerous is the only word the really describes what this is.

Do people hate cops so bad they are willing to throw away rational thought. I guess the world really is upside down and backwards. Also I provided the "proof" you wanted. And after I did that you edited your post....Hmm. The truth is subjective the facts are not. It is funny how fast people try and spin away with personal "TRUTH" after the "FACTS" come out.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

So i read the cnn article and it says the 3 people plus the guy they were looking for were arrested at a different residence.
So are you sure you have your facts right?

Authorities did not make any arrests, nor did they find anything at the house during the raid.
abcnews.go.com... com%2F

But of course it was still the parents fault I'm sure.
I agree it wasnt the best option, but I and you, don't know what other ones they had
edit on thWed, 20 Aug 2014 03:47:35 -0500America/Chicago820143580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thWed, 20 Aug 2014 03:53:41 -0500America/Chicago820144180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Sure, pay the kids bills ....it is the right thing to do.....but....take the money out of the cops paychecks........

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So i read the cnn article and it says the 3 people plus the guy they were looking for were arrested at a different residence.
So are you sure you have your facts right?

Authorities did not make any arrests, nor did they find anything at the house during the raid.
abcnews.go.com... com%2F

But of course it was still the parents fault I'm sure.
I agree it wasnt the best option, but I and you, don't know what other ones they had

That was the story I read when it first went down. Wrong house, no drugs, no arrest... But notice how as time passes there were armed meth dealers inside which justified (it would in my mind also) sending in the Swat team... But now it is all about the parents being bad parents because their house burned down and they had to stay with relatives.. Darn if they had not had that baby everything would be alright... Amazing and the country is justified because they thought there were drugs.. Great police work.. great taking responsibility for your actions.... with close to 50,000 swat raids a year (some say 80,000) it is no wonder they do not want to set a precedent and start paying for their goof-ups.. It stands to reason reading police reports that if a meth lab had been there the cops would have found utensils or products for making the stuff with residual traces where ever it was being made... Nothing... According to all the reports I have read about this case...

Some must think Cops and Swat can do no wrong for they are professionals.. An airline pilot who makes thousands of take-offs and landings yet when he hits one bridge, then he will always be remembered for the bridge.. Or the ship captain who is sinks his boat... Both lose their license and never work in their profession again.... yet cops get a paid vacation in many instances while their own internal affairs investigates their actions.. All I can go on with this thread is the verdict/decision of the county deciding after initially saying they would pay the medical bills have now said they will not.. Yep that obamacare insurance with it's deductible will no doubt take care of everything.. Life is good, they were bad parents, rah rah USA.... god must love swat for he sure has made allot of them.. bless them all..

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
about the only thing I know about meth labs is that they have a tendancy to blow up.
that being the case, wouldn't it be dangerous as all heck to throw a granade into the mix?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
about the only thing I know about meth labs is that they have a tendancy to blow up.
that being the case, wouldn't it be dangerous as all heck to throw a granade into the mix?

No, No, perfectly safe if our skilled Swat team does it. Nothing can go wrong; they probably do it all the time.. They are so good the can hit a baby crib with a flash bang from ?? feet..

Actually I know absolutely nothing about Meth and how it is made other than like many you hear of the occasional house or neighborhood going up in flames or some explosion.. We were briefed about some Meth heads or PCP users having the strength of 4 guys and being able to be shot several times yet continue an attack.. That is what the L.A. Police were briefing flight crews back in the 90s. Pretty bad I do not know the difference between the two for I have never associated with or been interested in the stuff other than in an operational standpoint or the possibility of mission interference by some dope head.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

This is an outrage, a total bloody outrage.

The claim that it would be illegal to pay damages in order to accommodate healthcare costs, incurred by way of erroneous police action, is utterly absurd. If you are knocked down by a speeding police vehicle, you get paid out. If you are injured by bad paving, the county pays out.

When a police officer throws a flashbang into a house with no criminals or illegal substances inside, which then detonates in a babies crib, the county should pay the hell up.

cbs46.com reports that the county is not paying out, because there is a lawsuit pending on the matter, and they cannot act in this matter until that comes to some sort of conclusion, which makes a bit more sense to me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join