It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Rage Against The Machine*~ sets the tone.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I feel this music sets the tone for the evening across the nation.
This takes me back to high school days.. When this music had a different meaning to me.

Today it has taken on a whole NEW meaning.
What I love about music! And its own personal truths!

Rock on!

Songs:
00:00 - Killing in the Name
5:14 - Born of a Broken Man
9:56 - Calm Like a Bomb
14:53 - Testify
edit on 23114435985 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

Saw RATM at Rock the Bells in '07 I think it was? They'd just done Coachella which was their first performance together in years. Hands down my favorite set by any band at any show, ever. RATM - RATM was released my freshman year of high school and Evil Empire the year after I graduated. One of my 5 favorites bands of all time and one of the few of my favorite bands from the 90's I hadn't seen before (I've still never seen Tool, though I saw APC open for either NIN or Smashing Pumpkins years ago).

I think the most fitting song to go with the cops in riot gear would be "Bulls on Parade."

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah I saw them live 3 times! on par with Ironmaiden! And that is saying a lot from me!! Really one hell of a show, and the message is SPOT on! "Bulls on Parade, good call! Nailed it!
Sounds like you had a good time, all good times my friend! good times!

You can''t stop us now! Renegades of funk

Love these lyrics!
This is the next change.. All through out the ages! It is our turn now.
We did not have this chance when I was a teen. More and more awaken, and the music is here to help inspire!
edit on 23114443585 by zysin5 because: spelling edit

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I still love that first album by Rage. Brings me back to my High School days as well. Actually saw them live before they really made it big when they opened at Lalapallooza. I didn't even know who they were and they played first out of I think 7 bands. I remember thinking, "damn if these guys are the opening band I can't imagine how good everyone else is going to be!"

That first album and every song on it still conjures up something in me that makes me want to literally "Rage against the Machine" in all it's forms.

F*#K YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YA TELL ME!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
F*#K YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YA TELL ME!!!

I remember singing this as we walked down the halls to our next class!
Those where different times, the internet was but a shell of itself, and was not mainstream yet.
With the rise of the people, these words keep on ringing truer and truer!

Many of nights at parties, having Rage cranked! One my more favorite bands that came out in that time Frame.
I saw them live with Tool, NIN, and other great bands of their time.

But yeah, Rage, still has a place in my heart as being nostalgic yet very relevant to our time. WOW, I am getting old.. hehe

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Ah yes, RATM and System of a Down heavily influenced my understanding of the corrupt world that we live in. I rocked these bands for so long! Still will bust them out on occasion and you have just given me the reminder that I needed, for that I thank you!

Quite literally the anthem we need in the face of the oppression we are experiencing, the soundtrack of revolution, ah how wonderful!!

I fortunately got to catch RATM on their return tour, same with System on one of their final tours! Their message has stayed with us and will continue to awaken those who will listen!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amWednesday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Wheres Bulls On Parade!?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Something a bit different for you RATM heads

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Audioslave did not have the same kind of kick that RATM had.

shame.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz

Audioslave did not have the same kind of kick that RATM had.

shame.

Chris Cornell is awesome (just saw NIN + Soundgarden 3 weeks ago) but he doesn't have that.. erm.. rage.. that Zach has. That said, if you want to see a really good set of stoner rock, Soundgarden still gets it in.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

I hadn't heard this in a couple years. Legit!

Prior to RATM, Zach was in a punk band called Inside Out for a few years from like '89-'91 (there's some videos on YouTube). They only put out one album before they broke up but they had started work on a second album called.. Rage Against the Machine. After that he started freestyling in the local hip hop scene which is where he met Tom Morello and of course, the rest is history.

I was a big fan of RATM through high school but I gained a whole new respect for Zach right around 2000 when I was watching coverage a WTO protest on FreeSpeech TV and the reporter turns and points to one of the protesters who was walking up the street, fist in the air, shouting and says something like, "hey, that's Zach De La Rocha from the band Rage Against the Machine!" Sure enough, there's Zach De La Rocha marching in a WTO protest, no fanfare, no entourage, just a guy taking to the streets to stand up against tyrannical, nation-crushing bankers.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

yes Soundgarden does well. It would be great if RATM reformed and kicked it again though.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
Something a bit different for you RATM heads

Hell yeah! I remember this one...I was a relative fan of KRS one back in the early 90s, along with Wu and some other East Coast rappers. Good stuff...used to know this one by heart, but haven't heard it for decades. Thanks for posting!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Right on! Good stuff there! Thanks for posting that up on here.
I've not heard those guys in a couple years, and never seen the video.

Reply to Thurisaz
Yeah I am a fan of Audioslave. I agree they had that RAW message too, just did not pick up like RATM did.
Was more to the underground following, where RATM has its roots.

Reply to PhoenixFreeman
My bad.. hehe, was getting so late, I knew someone would come in and post it in my stead. Thanks Phoenix!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Been a fan since the first album-Bullet in the Head is the ultimate Screw the system song! What a track.
I'll be one of those future sad old gits listening to RATM through my hearing aid in the old folks home..
No doubt annoying the heck out of the other inmates.

Fight the power!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I'm a brother with a furious mind
Action must be taken
We don't need the key
We'll break in

Something must be done
About vengeance, a badge and a gun
'Cause I'll rip the mike, rip the stage, rip the system
I was born to rage against 'em

Movements come and movements go
Leaders speak, movements cease
When their heads are flown
'Cause all these punks
Got bullets in their heads
Departments of police, the judges, the feds
Networks at work, keepin' people calm
You know they went after King
When he spoke out on Vietnam
He turned the power to the have-nots
And then came the shot

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
LOVE Rage. I can't add anything that hasn't been mentioned already. But you pups you. I was on my second marriage with my second kid on the way when Rage came out.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Awesome Blup! Thanks for the vids, and the lyrics with them! Spot on right on! Rage!

Also that is one awesome Avatar you have of Walter White! Breaking bad is one of my most favorite shows, right under Walking Dead

I was sporting this one

But decided to put a picture of myself up for a change
A Face to the voice that is Zysin5 hehe
edit on 23114523885 by zysin5 because: Edit1

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Thanks intrepid, I do not feel so old now!! *wink*
And sometimes I say.. In my day we didn't have internet or cell phones.

When I remember my elders saying, when I was your age, we didn't have TV, we had radio!

Time gets faster the older you get I have noticed.
Thanks for the retrospect!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: zysin5
When I remember my elders saying, when I was your age, we didn't have TV, we had radio!

Kinda true. We had TV but little live(aside from hockey. It's Canada.
). I remember listening to Ali, Frazier, Forman, Shavers, etc fights on the radio. They wouldn't be on Wide World of Sports for about a month. Loved that time with my Grandfather. Mind you we're going back 40 years here.

I'm ain't done yet. Stayin current. Lovin Stone Sour atm. Thanks to my kids I ain't ever growing up. Old, yes. Got no choice on that one but I'll be a kid doin it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join