It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challenge me."

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Yea its not my ego

But the cop

That kills innocent poeple

a reply to: Emerys

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

The only person who ever tried to rape anyone I know was an officer of my home town's police department, and she kicked his ass because he was a cowardly little wimp.

And I did not say that the police are equal to Nazis or automatically deserve to be shot at, which was quite clear in my last post. I said that when you put on a uniform, you express yourself as sharing the identity of the organization, with all of its good and bad aspects in the eyes of strangers, and therefore have no right to complain about either the good or bad aspects being personally ascribed to you by those strangers up until they have a way of knowing what to expect from you personally.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Until about 8 years ago I would have agreed with you. It was about then that I began encountering cops who, for no reason whatsoever, began to exhibit the bully attitude, the "in-your-face-yelling" attitude with bugging eyes. From 1979 to 2006 I drove all over the US without any interaction with police except a couple of times being stopped for having a dead headlamp. On both those occasions the officer was courteous, simply advising me that my headlight wasn't working and I should get it fixed. No problems---ever.
Then, about 2006, something changed...?

If I had to make a guess, around 2006 is when many people who joined the military came back from whatever war(s) going on, and took the easiest path to a job as a police officer. Military police/instructors/hard-asses tend to behave that way in general.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WizardVanWizard
Bunk. Every cop knows what job they're getting into. Nobody had a gun to their heads...

90% of their g.d job description is dealing with people's crap. If the prevailing attitude is that a person has right to cause serious bodily harm to another person (because of a badge) for, ahem, abuse that a cashier at Walmart probably deals with daily, then, well, crappy road ahead.

a reply to: randyvs

What's so bunk about good advice.

Look, I know what I'm talk'n about. Like a science. So let's just
say my advice suits people with nice teeth. People who are
intelligent and realise that the best possible outcome for
themselves,(were on a very personal level here so pay attention)
once police contact is in the books. Is entirely in their hands and
and many times, randomly that may not even be true.

Complain all you want. But the cops can take your teeth or leave em
in your head. And occasionally even that luck may take flight. But
tuff guys with attitudes, like you, just get messed up and laughed
at inside. By that time, the attitude becomes less than a whisper.
Their eyes and ears open, the mouth is shut, as it should've been
from the start. It's like they go thru some, newly opened gate in
their minds, that triggers, almost like some, metamorphosis.

That's called schooling. Those who've been around sit and watch it
over and over. Some because it's funny, some think it's interesting.
I think both. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Woooo fire my ass. You can't make that sound scary or tuff.
I laugh at you. See

How many times have you been arrested?
How many houses have you roofed?

And it's ignorant as hell not to realise, as
your spit'n dog crap and grass out your mouth, both are
people and both are at work. The nails pinning your hands
to your ass should be a hint. That's right, you can't fire me.
Check the legalities for breach of contract Einstien. Your
best bet, is to stay off your roof, because when I'm up there,
it isn't yours anymore. You'll ask permission to come up and
inspect my work. And you 'll ask permission separetely to use
my G-D ladder to do so.

Doesn't matter if you answer the questions either. I know the
answers already.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

That's some pretty heavy weight violent imagery from a guy who apparently doesn't have a problem with it. But bowing to something like that is called cowardice. There's enough cowardice on the police side that the people need not indulge in it. Hell yes some people will take beatings, and the way act I am quite agitated to know that I could easily be one of them, but bring it on. I've taken my medicine before and I'd be happy to do it again, just to not feel myself as an American to be in the shadow of those excited Egyptian kids who just didn't feel right about themselves until they'd taken their turn in front of the police phalanx. And they won.

The cops need to keep that in mind- a person willing to suffer for freedom rather than slave for safety can get his butt kicked all the way to victory. The New York and New Jersey campaigns of the American revolution consisted largely of George Washington getting his butt kicked up and down the East Coast, but he still forced the British out of New Jersey without winning a major battle and managed to harass and frustrate them at every turn. The cops will simply club themselves right out of their nice well paid authority positions and into the footnotes of history right alongside the Hessians who were slaughtered and taken prisoner while they believed themselves to safely in the rear with the beer.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Cowardice? Freedom?
This is not about either one. It's about authority being a
fact of civilization and life and people like you blurring the
line between all four. I like my teeth and with your overly
bombastic ideas of principles. You might as well drink
turpentine and psss on a brushfire.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Philippines
I would agree wholeheartedly the influx of ex members of the military has created a different kind of cop.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I've drank worse and done more pyromaniacal things. And you sir, are an honor to meet. I've met the manliest man who didn't understand the meaning of freedom or cowardice that I believe I shall ever meet.

As for authority... that's where I get to answer a question with a question mark, because all historical authorities have one thing in common- they no longer exist. Some of the groups they have held authority over still do.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Well bond guess what? By the same token of experience
I have with police procedure. The same token I give you to as
a moderator. You represent the authority that doesn't need
to earn my respect. It's your right, as I like my teeth I like
also my membership. Do we agree to disagree?

edit on Rpm82214v18201400000031 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Actually, if I were out of line as a mod, for example if I were to break the rules by warning you for saying something I didn't like when you have done nothing wrong, I would fully expect you to cry foul in a very insistent manner, to lose respect for me and my position, and for the owners of this site to put a stop to any such misconduct in order to salvage the respect of the position. That kind of accountability goes hand in hand with legitimate respectable authority, and is the key to ending disrespect toward the police as well.

Edit to add: It is probably also true that you will still be around somewhere when my position here or perhaps even ATS or the internet itself is not, and that your life will go on quite well without me. Authority is a temporal condition. Humanity on the other hand, has somehow defied entropy for quite some time, and chooses authority to improve its experience when it can, but does not consider it the default state of things.
edit on Fri 22 Aug 2014 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Actually, if I were out of line as a mod, for example if I were to break the rules by warning you for saying something I didn't like when you have done nothing wrong, I would fully expect you to cry foul in a very insistent manner, to lose respect for me and my position, and for the owners of this site to put a stop to any such misconduct in order to salvage the respect of the position. That kind of accountability goes hand in hand with legitimate respectable authority, and is the key to ending disrespect toward the police as well.

Everytime the Mods have got'n down on me on this site.
I damn well had it come'n. And more than once, even several
times, my actions towards the Mods involved. And understanding
where I was wrong, with ensuing apologies. Was the only thing that
brought about an amicable decision and left my membership intact.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If only we had stayed calm when the British came over to enforce their rights we could have avoided that whole fight for independence thing. How silly of us.

originally posted by: Hijinx
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I stop you because your tail light is out. I'm not even going to give you a ticket, merely let you know the light is out.

If you get all crazy and aggressive because I stopped you for what I thought was protecting you. I'm going to react too.

If you deny me basic data to make sure you own the vehicle, are legally aloud to drive, and aren't a threat to myself or anyone else and you act aggressively and refuse to comply of course I'm going to deal with the situation accordingly.

Put yourself in the officers shoes... Yes some act out irresponsibly and hastily, but you can make their lives and jobs easier as much as they can make your 5 minute interaction with them easier.

Seriously, just co-operate.

Me and my brother are polar opposites in this sense. I've had one ticket, been pulled over countless times because the office was doing his job. The longest I ever spent with an officer was 15 minutes and I talked to him, co-operated and we both wished each other a safe evening and went on our way.

MY BROTHER ! who doesn't #ing co-operate ever, has countless tickets, not because of his actions before he pulled over but after, he's been pepper sprayed, cuffed, arrested, tazered and it's always been his #ing fault. HE could have avoided each and every one of those actions, but HE was the idiot not the cop.

Don't make an individual who puts their life in possible harms way every single day make them think you might be the guy to harm them.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

No doubt that's an excellent attitude, and by no means do I advise that anyone who is actually guilty of something take a hard line with the police- maybe game them a little if you're that slick- but certainly don't make the mistake of thinking that a second left turn will take you safely back the way you came.

I think it needs to be understood that this conversation is currently framed in a context of abuse of authority by the unfortunate actions of a few officers who could and should have been a small and easily removed stain on their own uniform, but alas have been allowed to spread and to set due to the usual suspects who have also mucked up virtually every other government service- the politicians- who know full well that they can become millionaires while completely ignoring their duties, to the detriment of everyone. Which of course only goes to show that the only thing more problematic than authority is more authority.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Apollumi

If only we had stayed calm when the British came over to enforce their rights we could have avoided that whole fight for independence thing. How silly of us.

If only?
But according to history, that's not what happened is it?
What did happen was a lot of death, to throw off a tyrannical
government and install freedom. If only?
If only mankind could handle things differently?

edit on Rpm82214v472014u37 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

How history did play out is that authority was defied, and quite frankly it was defied by smug comfortable white people hiding behind instruments of mass communication. And the authorities did react unreasonably as you would predict. The retaliation of the authorities was fleeting however, and the investment of blood and sweat, which most certainly was not evenly distributed and not borne by all of the instigators in the way an idealist might like to imagine it, still paid dividends to almost all long after.

The biggest moral problem to result of course was that the lot of slaves actually worsened, since their freedom was delayed another three generations by the change of management despite the suffering the war caused them. This necessitated yet further defiance of those who claim authority by violence in the form of the civil war. This again was imperfect and costly, but again was historically judged to be worthwhile, and rightly so.

The lingering injustice of that conflict eventually brought us the civil rights movement of the 20th century. Even when the violent who claim superiority KILLED the one who dared defy them, they lost.

Do you see a pattern? Those who would impose on other men by force of arms keep losing, and yes its unpleasant and it upsets things for those who have narrowed their vision to what is given to them freely, but it has brought continued progress and in fact renewed and reinvigorated legitimate authority each time the wolves in shepherds clothing have been fended off.

The tree of liberty my friend...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

no doubt that's an excellent attitude,

It is?

I mean, damn right it is!

But I must admit, it's a persona. Not so much an act or a put on.
But a part of me I call on, when I mess up bad and find my ass in
a sling. If the cops have an issue with me, is it their fault? I've
been arrested 33 times. I got a screwball once and managed to
fair well even then. So I fail to see the problem.

Oh that's 33 times. Never any prison.
edit on Rpm82214v592014u32 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The problem is that it also happens to people who don't get arrested 33 times and think it's a feather in their cap. (I count it as a feather in your cap, provided that you were arrested for having a good time and not for ruining somebody else's time).

You and I have a right to roll those dice and pay or collect as chance may dictate, but those who abide legitimate authority should not then be rewarded by being seen as easy prey for unreasonable authority in addition. And rowdier types like us with a penchant for the dramatic might reasonably be expected to take a little pride in playing the cousin people don't like to talk about, and stepping up for our straight and narrow countrymen, for any number of reasons- not the least of which being that it would be interesting to be counted on the side of right for a change, just because it's a new experience.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yeah, do I hate the abuse more and more officers are vending
these days. Gawd Bond, prolly more than anybody. Did I mention
I was arrested 33 times.
But addressing the police conducting
business with you, as a person of interest, with any kind of an
attitude condusive of expectations that aren't even pertinent
to the matter at hand? Would be only ill advised. Once they leave
and fly around that corner, you point out all kinds of birdies.
Then walk away like a badass. Because you are. Maybe not
unlike fly'n an airpplane. Any landing you can walk away from?
Is good landing.

Edit

It's messed up but I remember one of the occasions I got to walk.
Brother comes all the way from the store across the street. And
says, " Man dude how'd you getaway?" What do you say in a situation
like that? " Man I thought you was gone for sure". I said, "Sh1t I work
for him," Brother stopped dead frozen in his tracks.

edit on Rpm82214v572014u09 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Here's one.

"I'm a citizen and if you don't want me to disobey, insult, protest and defy you, don't bully me."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join