It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challenge me."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AmenStop

My point.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Most of the comments on here sadden me. Do you want to know why police are so militarized? Do you want to know why they are starting to shoot first and ask questions later? Here is why. Also, just read the comments posted by people on this video. My father is a law enforcement officer, and everyday he puts his life at risk against idiots. Idiots who are so angry with their government, that they take out that aggression on cops who are fathers, mothers, brothers, sons, husbands, wives, mothers, daughters. Yes, some cops are idiots and do things that shouldn't be done, and if found guilty, deserve every punishment according to the law as any normal citizen. But for people to let a few bad apples ruin the image of so many good police officers who strive so hard to help their communities become safer and better makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed

American society could do a lot to make society safer and better for all if you started getting rid of your guns.

Thanks , but NO THANK YOU ! No thread drift. But I had to say it !

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Could not agree more. a reply to: Hijinx

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Too often these guys' reasoning for pulling people over in the first place is unjustified on a moral level and they're hoping someone will fight so they can have some excitement.

It's kind of like the knock out game. They're not jaded, they're just bored.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Until we scare them straight

Which is what needs to be done

Asap

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emerys

Most of the comments on here sadden me. Do you want to know why police are so militarized? Do you want to know why they are starting to shoot first and ask questions later? Here is why. Also, just read the comments posted by people on this video. My father is a law enforcement officer, and everyday he puts his life at risk against idiots. Idiots who are so angry with their government, that they take out that aggression on cops who are fathers, mothers, brothers, sons, husbands, wives, mothers, daughters. Yes, some cops are idiots and do things that shouldn't be done, and if found guilty, deserve every punishment according to the law as any normal citizen. But for people to let a few bad apples ruin the image of so many good police officers who strive so hard to help their communities become safer and better makes me sick to my stomach.

all eight of them. Your good cops bs is just that

Bs

And if yiur father cant take the heat then he needs to get out of the kitchen

Or at least police his own force

The chances are he will lie for his buddy before he arrests him

Sad

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

So should we also have sorted out the truly bad Nazis from the ones who were just in the army under new management and doing what circumstance dictated, or did putting on the uniform and marching with the malicious ones make them part of the problem and deserving of whatever force was necessary to stop them?

Clearly there is a matter of degrees here. The police uniform does not stand for wholesale extermination or merit the same level of resistance, but that does not defeat the point that when you put on a uniform and stand with any organization, any perception of your individuality becomes subordinated to the group identity in the eyes of anyone looking at the symbols that you willingly have chosen to display. A cop is a cop, with all the capacity for good and evil of all cops everywhere, until you have dealt with him one on one and seen what he does. If a cop doesn't like having his own good deeds and the positive aspects of his uniformed identity stained by association with racism, unreasonable authority, and violence without remorse, then he has two options- a substantive public attempt to combat those wrongs, or taking off the uniform.

The police know this and they accept it every time they put on the badge.
Or do police also claim to be unique and special snowflakes with no association to the good deeds of others when a stranger greets them with implicit trust and respect?

Eta: mistakenly posted as reply to another nut, it is actually a response to emerys, who was quoted by nut

edit on Thu 21 Aug 2014 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Being a vagabond myself I just want u to know I want your name

So sexy.

Off topic I know but I could help it

a reply to: The Vagabond

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
a reply to: Emerys

So should we also have sorted out the truly bad Nazis from the ones who were just in the army under new management and doing what circumstance dictated, or did putting on the uniform and marching with the malicious ones make them part of the problem and deserving of whatever force was necessary to stop them?

Clearly there is a matter of degrees here. The police uniform does not stand for wholesale extermination or merit the same level of resistance, but that does not defeat the point that when you put on a uniform and stand with any organization, any perception of your individuality becomes subordinated to the group identity in the eyes of anyone looking at the symbols that you willingly have chosen to display. A cop is a cop, with all the capacity for good and evil of all cops everywhere, until you have dealt with him one on one and seen what he does. If a cop doesn't like having his own good deeds and the positive aspects of his uniformed identity stained by association with racism, unreasonable authority, and violence without remorse, then he has two options- a substantive public attempt to combat those wrongs, or taking off the uniform.

The police know this and they accept it every time they put on the badge.
Or do police also claim to be unique and special snowflakes with no association to the good deeds of others when a stranger greets them with implicit trust and respect?

Eta: mistakenly posted as reply to another nut, it is actually a response to emerys, who was quoted by nut

So you're saying that just because someone chooses to put on a uniform and help those in need. They automatically deserve to be killed in the line of duty!? This isn't Nazi Germany. Far from it!! Most of these people who cops kill are CRIMINALS. Including the Ferguson kid. You all are fighting for the rights of CRIMINALS. Wtf is wrong with society these days. I sincerely hope, you never have to be in a situation where a criminals shoots, stabs, or rapes someone you know. Don't call the police if that happens. Take it into your own hands! I'm sure you can handle a situation like that better anyways.
edit on 21-8-2014 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: eboli

Too often these guys' reasoning for pulling people over in the first place is unjustified on a moral level and they're hoping someone will fight so they can have some excitement.

It's kind of like the knock out game. They're not jaded, they're just bored.

That's a bold claim. Where is your proof for this statement. If this were true, why aren't all cops just shooting every person who speeds?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Innocent until proven guilty

Ring a bell?

A mudered man tells no tales

The police are not judge dread

Eta I wont call the cops

I will handle it myself

And will be the better for it

Nothing good comes from calling the police

Have u not been paying attention to the posse forum?

reply to: Emerys

edit on pm820143111America/ChicagoThu, 21 Aug 2014 23:10:13 -0500_8u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
Innocent until proven guilty

Ring a bell?

A mudered man tells no tales

The police are not judge dread

Eta I wont call the cops

I will handle it myself

And will be the better for it

Nothing good comes from calling the police

Have u not been paying attention to the posse forum?

reply to: Emerys

Your argument is invalid. If you approach a police officer with intent of harm, you deserve anything that comes from it. The police officer has every right to defend himself just as you have the right yourself. People need to calm down. I agree with the previous post about treating police officers better. Also, if people got off their butts and became more engaged with their local city, hey would realize they can choose who runs their police deparemnts. You want change, get locally involved, and quit whining on the internet. But for someone like you, I can tell you would rather just yell at a cop for catching you speeding, and let your ego cloud your better judgement.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that most cops were bullied at a young age. Once they get older and become adults, they then go into a profession of authority where they can return the favor.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Bunk. Every cop knows what job they're getting into. Nobody had a gun to their heads...

90% of their g.d job description is dealing with people's crap. If the prevailing attitude is that a person has right to cause serious bodily harm to another person (because of a badge) for, ahem, abuse that a cashier at Walmart probably deals with daily, then, well, crappy road ahead.

a reply to: randyvs

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Interacting with a cop isn't very hard to do. People are so afraid, and hate to deal with the cops. But all you need to do is be truthful and respectful. Getting up tight and whinging that you were pulled over, or questioned for no reason doesn't help your cause one bit. Give them the information they need, and answer their questions the best you can. It's that simple.

Cops have to deal with lying morons and degenerates on a daily basis. If you actually act civilized with them, they won't have a problem with you. And if their in a good mood that day, they may even let you go if they caught you committing a minor infraction.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The answer to all this sort of thing is a first response police force of unarmed officers of small stature with no martial arts training who have never been in the military. The public will only deal with them.

When they have determined what the concern is of the member of the public, then, and only then, will they call for the regular, brutal police officers to come and deal with things, if necessary. It may not be necessary. The new, humane police officer might be able to handle things without recourse to the rougher, more brutal officers.

This will put a layer of protection between citizens who call the police and the police.

Edit: Why are we not allowed to star our own posts?
edit on 22-8-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Think'n I'll have to take your crap because I'm do'in a job for you?

absolutely. or we fire your ass. that's how it works. cop or roof tiler. and to compare those professions is juvenile and silly.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Honcho
Interacting with a cop isn't very hard to do. People are so afraid, and hate to deal with the cops. But all you need to do is be truthful and respectful. Getting up tight and whinging that you were pulled over, or questioned for no reason doesn't help your cause one bit. Give them the information they need, and answer their questions the best you can. It's that simple.

Cops have to deal with lying morons and degenerates on a daily basis. If you actually act civilized with them, they won't have a problem with you. And if their in a good mood that day, they may even let you go if they caught you committing a minor infraction.

Until about 8 years ago I would have agreed with you. It was about then that I began encountering cops who, for no reason whatsoever, began to exhibit the bully attitude, the "in-your-face-yelling" attitude with bugging eyes. From 1979 to 2006 I drove all over the US without any interaction with police except a couple of times being stopped for having a dead headlamp. On both those occasions the officer was courteous, simply advising me that my headlight wasn't working and I should get it fixed. No problems---ever.
Then, about 2006, something changed, I'm not sure what but in that time period I have been stopped numerous times, with reasons ranging from "you look like somebody we're looking for" (he had seen the back of my head, the part that shows above the headrest) "someone who just had their license suspended at the courthouse. Where have you been?" Now, I had just handed the guy my license....sooooo....you'd think he would take his hand off his gun, hand me my paperwork and say, "Sorry to have bothered you." Noooooo. He ordered me out of the vehicle to stand on the side of the street until he could "run" my paperwork. At no time was I hostile, I was perplexed. I answered his questions respectfully, but I go NO respect back. I finally asked him to please just call the county executive because I had just left a 30 minute meeting with him at the courthouse. He went back to his car, fiddled about a bit then came back and ordered me back into my vehicle and "Be on your way."
From that time on, the stops have escalated and the officers have become more aggressive in speech and manner. I even made a thread on this site about it. (www.abovetopsecret.com...) Having interacted with several officers about the issue of our seat belt law, I never expected to be threatened with jail for not wearing one in a car to which the law did not apply. Simply trying to explain in a civil and reasonable manner to the young punk that the law he was attempting to enforce did not apply to my vehicle simply made him angrier and more belligerent.
I'm a 60 year old female, no arrests, no warrants, no criminal record of any kind. I weigh maybe 120 pounds if I'm soaking wet, no threat to anyone---ever. But I do know my rights and when someone threatens to violate those rights I will point it out to them in a civil and polite manner. The fact that I was always civil, never disrespectful, made no difference to these thugs with badges and guns.
But as you can see if you read my thread referenced above, I didn't just get on the internet and whine, I complained to their bosses. I put my complaints in writing. I complained to the county attorney and the judge so that they would be aware that abuse is out there---and sometimes it IS directed at innocent people. In each case I did exactly what I had always been advised to do, speak civilly and be clear and respectful and whereas, that had always earned me a response of "My mistake m'am, sorry to have bothered you. Have a good day." in the past, for the past few years that same behavior on my part has gotten me reactions from one officer putting her hand on her weapon and telling me, "The seat belt law is a federal law, I'm just doing what the federal government told me to do." (this from a city cop) to threats of jail.
So, NO, don't tell me to bow down and scrape for them and everything will be okay. It's not my fault that they decided to do that job and deal with bad people who make them grumpy. If they can't act like a decent human being he/she needs to change jobs.
I have a friend whose father worked in a "super-max" prison in Eddyville, KY. It contained some of the baddest of the bad and yet he never had to use deadly force on a single prisoner. If prison guards can handle the bad guys without guns, why can't cops on the street?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: XTexan
The cops right.

The only things you should say to a cop are:

Am I being detained?

Am I free to go?

I choose to remain silent.

If you say more than that to a cop then your digging your own hole.

But I have the right to say whatever the fk I want without being shot or tased or even threatened.

The Black Robed Tribe agrees with you.
www.firstamendmentcenter.org...

A man who cursed at police officers in Brookings, S.D., engaged in protected free speech, the state high court has ruled. The court voted 4-1 to reverse a lower court decision that had found Marcus Suhn used unprotected fighting words — defined by the U.S. Supreme Court more than 60 years ago as words “which by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace.” Marcus J. Suhn yelled a stream of profanities beginning with “#ing cop” on the sidewalk at 2 a.m. after the bars closed on Sept. 2, 2007, as two police officers were riding down the street in their patrol car. One officer heard Suhn, got out of his patrol car, arrested him and charged him with disorderly conduct.

This article discusses the issue of freedom of speech where police are concerned as of 2009 (the latest ruling I could locate quickly.) Lots of links in it if your interest runs to free speech rulings through the years.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join