It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Nixon addresses situation in Ferguson, Mo. Is This Pandering for Votes or to Obama.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I saw this on the Kelly file tonight. there is no story up yet as it is still live. no other sources but blogs and one that is banned here.
so i went to the horse mouth.

it would seem that the governor of Missouri has made up his mind about what happened and what needs to be done. and with out all of the facts being released. now i know being the governor he is privy to info we as everyday people aren't. but he is the head law marker / leader of the state. which is part of the U.S. where everyone is entitled to due process.

the police officer hasn't even been indicted yet, and to make the statements he made shows his hand.

here listen for yourself.

passages from the transcript.

For them, for the family of Michael Brown, for all the parents who have had their sons taken from them much too soon, and for all the children dreaming of a brighter and better future, we now have a responsibility to come together and do everything we can to achieve justice for this family

Second, a vigorous prosecution must now be pursued.

The democratically elected St. Louis County prosecutor and the Attorney General of the United States, each have a job to do. Their obligation to achieve justice in the shooting death of Michael Brown must be carried out thoroughly, promptly, and correctly; and I call upon them to meet those expectations.

A message from Gov. Jay Nixon about the situation in Ferguson

seems to me he has made up his mind and that is not the way a governor should address this. he seems to be saying that the cop is guilty before the investigation and grand jury is over with. ie no proof yet either way.

if you decide to watch the kelly file check out the interview she does with a preacher that was bad mouthing Odl Rev Al then after meeting with him he's changed his tune.

edit on 20-8-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I can handle this types of responses tonight from the police but what happened on the other nights need to be investigated IMO

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
well i just saw this thread.
*UPDATE* BREAKING REPORT –Dorian Johnson Recants Media Statement ?

not much to say in this one now, other than the gov is a weak little appeasers and should be impeached now for what he wanted to do to the cop with out knowing the facts.
edit on 20-8-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I've refused to get pulled into the details of this any further. Yet here I am wide awake again just amazed.

How will this police officer get a fair trial!? We all know the governor had more details than we do. If he doesn't his statement makes people assume he did.

We can't have it both ways. Brown had rights to be prosecution and so does this cop.

I'm very glad I can go back to ignoring Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

So you saw the unconfirmed report and are ready to jump on the 'i told you so' wagon?

It is an unknown source and it was broke one a rock station and you are ready to take it as true???

How could it be seen as fact

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Is This Pandering for Votes or to Obama.

Very possible but in a round-about way.

Kitten-Brushing and Puppy-Petting play an active role.

Progressives work in odd ways.

Always leaving questions with no possible answers.

Possible "vote" loss control.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
When in doubt, blame Obama! When not in doubt, blame Obama!

Nobody has done more politicizing of this issue than the right wing media. Why is that?

Oh that's right, the welfare mooches must be playing the victim again and those damn liberals are pandering!

Conservative media has taken the stance since day one that it's a justified shooting because there are people claiming that *gasp* minorities are more often mistreated by the police! Can't have anyone thinking there might be a shred of truth in that can we!?

Circle the wagons!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

And don't forget the massive Progressive.#Ferguson.Failure

They sure won't let THAT crisis go to waste eh.

Aye.

Democrat.Voting.Pockets

edit on Aug-20-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The reason the governor is a turd is that he is on the short list for VP running mate for Hillary Clinton in 2016. he is a moral coward of the highest order. i guess he can kiss that goodbye now
)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
The reason the governor is a turd is that he is on the short list for VP running mate for Hillary Clinton in 2016. he is a moral coward of the highest order. i guess he can kiss that goodbye now
)

That explains it.

His name is mud.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If the officer involved goes to trial, I do not think there will be a conviction. There is no evidence I have seen that refutes his story.

It will be another circus of a trial if it happens.

The actions after the shooting by the Ferguson PD are quite questionable. I doubt we will ever have an explanation.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
He's not pandering to votes. Missouri is a very white state. He's the governor! Not some county or city politicians that has to pander to blacks. He's just your typical liberal anti-white racist apologist democrat. They are all over the place nowadays in government.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Policeman should be suspended automatically and charged with murder like everyone else.

Shooting someone dead is a serious action. There is no dispute that the policeman shot and killed Brown. A police force from another state should do the investigation.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ispyed

He IS suspended isn't he?

And the FBI is investigating right?

And he Might be indicted.

top topics

join