It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Responds to Light Signalling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

this was uploaded earlier today. the user claims that the "anomaly" responded by flashing when he would signal with a mirror. i find the footage pretty compelling, but have some concerns. there's no sense of scale or height of the object. he doesn't film himself signalling, of course, so we have no way of knowing whether the flashes correspond to his actions. also, it looks a little mylar-y. and finally, his account is full of these kinds of videos, although the objects he films vary a lot in appearance and behavior.

on the other hand, he offers the raw footage up for anyone to analyze upon request, something hoaxers aren't known to volunteer.

here's what the user has to say about what he filmed and how he filmed it.

Anomalies usually are not visible to the naked eye for a combination of one or more factors:
1- They move at high altitudes.
2- The sky scattering of visible light mask them.
3- They may have a visible color close to the sky blue color making them very hard to spot with naked eye.
But they can be "spotted/detected" easily in infrared.

1- A modified LG camera, 1/3"CCD, standard definition, with 16-160mm motorized lens and 950nm pass IR filter, USB video capture card used in a PC with iSpy. Magnification up to 26x.

2- An unmodified IP camera, 1/2.5" CCD, 5MP high definition, on a 1000mm Telephoto no filters, fixed focus. Connected to the local network and used in a PC with iSpy. Magnification: 130x

3- A SDI-HD Panasonic board camera on a Meade 1000mm short tube scope, no filters, fixed focus connected via coaxial cable to an AJA SDI-HD video capture card on the "observing station" PC. Magnification 166x.

iSpy(www.ispyconnect.com...) is used as a viewer/recorder of the three side by side viewing windows and to overlay on the footage in real time the current date/time of recording and the azimuth and elevation position.

Raw video files will be available upon request to anyone.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Almost looks like a crystal from a Chandelier that could possibly be hanging by a piece of fishing line. Light from the sun or from the mirror could be making it shine as it spins. I could probably replicate it, I don't know for sure if that is what it is, but I think I could make something look a little like that.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The way it's floating end over end, I vote mylar balloon...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO
there's no sense of scale or height of the object.

actually, i just noticed azimuth/elevation is displayed in the upper right hand corner, for what it's worth.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What ever it is it seems to be tumbling and whatever light flashes are the result of the surface reflecting the sun (or other light source) rather than an attempt at communication. Ya - no way to tell if he is signaling it or not. Cool looking whatever it is!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Mylar balloons tied together,
And this statement,

The sky scattering of visible light mask them.

So daylight masks them? Thats a first...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It looks like Mylar balloons tethered together to me.

The guy has a channel full of balloon videos ... this one is quite amusing.

Comments are disabled for this video , I wonder why ?

edit on 20-8-2014 by gortex because: Add video

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

ha! i noticed that. actually naming vids "balloon-shaped such and such #2 or w/e". i thought, "what kind of a hoaxer does THAT?"

and then i pictured a kid 12 blocks over from this dude sending mylar clusters up over miami as a hobby, just like this guy and his cameras. but they don't ALL look like straight-up mylar.

some of them are pretty weird.

top topics

join