It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bhagavad Gita

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
When I was a child, I had found a copy of the Bhagavad Gita, and it became my favorite treasure. Mostly because it had beautiful colorful illustrations. I used to carry it around with me everywhere, and read it all the time. I don't think I understood any of it- I just read it as one would listen to music- without any intellectual interpretation. Somehow, it still fascinated me.

I haven't tried to read it again as an adult. Maybe I'll do that.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
My favorite part of the Gita is when Krishna shows Arjuna his universal form truly amazing, awe inspiring, and powerful.

It is my belief that all beings have this universal form yet are unaware of it, similar to the big bang in every particle, from a particle came this universe and each particle contains infinate more. CERN has found micro black holes in particles, some scientists believe the BIG BANG is just on the other side of a micro black hole. Thus the infinate universe is infinate outside and within all matter. Perhaps more meditation will reveal this. Funny I was speaking to some Canadian scientists on the universes within particles and they said they need a machine/atom smasher the size of the universe in order to see the universe within particles/atoms. I now look back in retrospect and believe that the mind itself and every particle is the size of the universe we just need the ability to access this. Perhaps more meditation is needed LOLZ.

Arjuna saw in that universal form unlimited mouths, unlimited eyes, unlimited wonderful visions. The form was decorated with many celestial ornaments and bore many divine upraised weapons. He wore celestial garlands and garments, and many divine scents were smeared over His body. All was wondrous, brilliant, unlimited, all-expanding.

If hundreds of thousands of suns were to rise at once into the sky, their radiance might resemble the effulgence of the Supreme Person in that universal form.

At that time Arjuna could see in the universal form of the Lord the unlimited expansions of the universe situated in one place although divided into many, many thousands.

Then, bewildered and astonished, his hair standing on end, Arjuna bowed his head to offer obeisances and with folded hands began to pray to the Supreme Lord.

edit on 9-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

It is a beautiful read isn't it?

Stephen Mitchell does a great job of bringing the writing into our english language.

The heart loves the words of the Bhagavad Gita.

You have inspired me to read it once more!

Thank you for posting TheJourney

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
What gets me about the Gita and various other ancient legends is the law of desire or "Cause & Effect" most call it Karma.

Even enlightened Krishna liberated and with his marvelous universal form is still subject to Karma and desire.

In fact not only Krishna but eveyone god animal or human is subject to the law of Karma wether liberated or not.

I wold imagine even if one became formless one would still be subject to it.

I would even imagine the singularity of unity that the universe is destined to become is also under the effect of Karma and will continue to create more universes an infinate amount of times.

Karma seems to be inescapable, omnipresent, and omnipotent.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
According to the Bagavad Gita we should act in this world however we should not be expectant of our actions, wishing for this and that as a result. Meaning we should not be attached to the results of our actions, nor should we be attached to anything. Only through the giving up of the desired fruits of the actions can we release the karmic subtle knots which desire ensnares our souls with. This seems like a balanced approach to living life, to do things without clinging to various outcomes. Not brooding over things which we do not have, and not being fulled with pride on attainment of a desired object for in truth we are the seer and the seen, through the power of karmic intention we attain all things in time.

Not by nonperformance of actions does a man attain freedom from action; nor by the renunciation of actions does he attain his spiritual goal.
For no one, indeed, can remain, for even a single moment, unengaged in activity, since everyone, being powerless, is made to act by the dispositions (gunas) of matter (prakiti).

Whoever having restrained his organs of action still continues to brood over the objects of senses he, the deluded one, is called a hypocrite.
But he who, having controlled the sense-organs by means of the mind, O Arjuna, follows without attachment the path of action by means of the organs of action he excels.

Do you do your allotted work, for action is superior to nonaction. Even the normal functioning of your body cannot be accomplished through actionlessness.
Except for the action done for sacrifice, all men are under the bondage of action. Therefore, O son on Kunti, do you undertake that action for that purpose, becoming free from all attachment.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I would even imagine the singularity of unity that the universe is destined to become is also under the effect of Karma and will continue to create more universes an infinite amount of times.

Here you say that 'the singularity of unity that the universe is destined to become' as though it is more than one presently.

Yet here;

Not brooding over things which we do not have, and not being filled with pride on attainment of a desired object for in truth we are the seer and the seen, through the power of karmic intention we attain all things in time.
you say that all there is, is the 'seer and the seen' - is there any 'thing' separate from 'the seer and the seen'?

The seer and the seen appear together as Presence - does Presence have to 'become' one? Or has Presence always been
all there ever was, is and will be?

The one just pretended there was more than one. The one (Presence) pretends time (and post tends) - it pretends there is a past and future so it can seem to be separate - it always imagines more presently.

edit on 21-12-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Are you sure all of your thoughts are your own? If they're very inconsistent with your own nature there may be other entities at work. My first thought.

My second thought; with progress and accomplishment comes the seed of arrogance, spiritual arrogance is the worst, that is, the hardest to conquer.

Sorry for being OT OP.

Nice summary, S&F.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Guten Morgen- If You get 'stuck' just read Your signature of Your quote of Mr. Harrison. This is My gift to You, the 'other Me' ..

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I remember reading of an old interview with the Dalai Lama. The interviewer asked how do you feel about China invading Tibet and the Dalai Lama answered very good. When the confused interviewer asked why, the Dalai Lama answered, how can we learn true forgiveness unless we are tested to the extreme.

And that point by the Dalai Lama speaks volumes about the true nature of the ego because its strongest when we are at our weakest.

In my own case my ex a few years back stole all my wealth and even planned my early retirement from this life (to get to my super). Even though I like to think that I have forgiven her and still love her, I still have dreams/nightmares in which I detest her actions. So my ego is alive and strong, its not as easy to destroy as many think. If it was there'd be a lot more people walking on water.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You know what, it a lot like blocking out an annoying kid, that won't stop speaking it mind.

Try having a mild form of schizophrenia, and see how hard it is to shut it up.

Not to mention working for a cheap company, that won't even take itself seriously, where you'd like to slap some of your co-workers where it keeps annoying you daily.

Its like an itch that has to be scratched, but it just makes it worse, but you gotta or else you get a bad tick.

You learn a few things sometimes.
edit on 21-12-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Chapter 13

22 The Supreme Spirit in the body is called the witness, the approver, the supporter, the experiencer, the great Lord, and also the Highest Self, 23 He who thus knows spirit (Purusha) and nature [Prakriti) along with the modes [gunas) is not born again, regardless of the state in which he now exists.

In the Bible, Yahweh is the persona of the Lord, the witness, approver, supporter, experiencer and highest self of Adam. We examine the Bible story without realizing this. Satan is the conscience, or accuser. Between the higher and lower mind of the Spirit of Adam (mankind), we cannot overcome the lower dimensions of being. War and bloodshed is caused by the pride of the Lord in self-righteousness. Satan then accuses. Locked in this state, the mind is trapped by the ego. The entire Bible outlines the process to overcome into a state of evolution (rising to new life).

Baptism in the Bible is the process to be born again (involution). E in Latin means to emerge out of the spin. Volution is revolving around a center. Evolution is the process to emerge from the cycles of space/time.

34 Those who realize the distinction between
the field and the knower of the field
through the eye of wisdom, and the liberat
ion of beings from nature, they go
to the Supreme.

Biblical Atonement, or At One Ment. In the Book of Revelation, the night ends with an endless day of light in all directions. Time ends.

Eden Restored

22 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So I have been thinking of superposition and the form of the universe shown to Arjuna by Krishna it all makes alot of sense.

Perhaps avatar heroes like Krishna use superposition to perform countless maricles.

Superposition and the structure of the universe

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I thought I de-railed it...
The Bhagavad Gita is just a bunch parables or quotes that give the idea or concepts of consciousness with huge influences of hindu mythologies. The idea of super positioning does not seem to really apply to, even though supposedly it applies to that, that, that, and that too.

I was reading bout one devouted yogi practitioner were the believe of super powers is actually un-enlightening and has nothing to do with understanding consciousness, while the believe of such thing actually get put into the class of material possession like Gold or Silver.

The en trophy of super positioning is a little to much like infinity to be properly juggled as well as chaotic, and full of headaches.
edit on 25-12-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

I thought I de-railed it...

The Bhagavad Gita is just a bunch parables or quotes that give the idea or concepts of consciousness with huge influences of hindu mythologies. The idea of super positioning does not seem to really apply to, even though supposedly it applies to that, that, that, and that too.

I was reading bout one devouted yogi practitioner were the believe of super powers is actually un-enlightening and has nothing to do with understanding consciousness, while the believe of such thing actually get put into the class of material possession like Gold or Silver.

The en trophy of super positioning is a little to much like infinity to be properly juggled as well as chaotic, and full of headaches.

Superposition sure does apply to everything everywhere, I am thinking that avatars like Krishna used superposition to perform various maricles. For example appearing in more than one place at the same time, having the universe appear in your mouth, being with multiples of thousands of women at the same time, or causing one grain of rice to fill the stomaches of all your friends making them full.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Gods watching us when we go to the bathroom?
edit on 26-12-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Gods watching us when we go to the bathroom?

Well considering that you youself are god I dont know how you could use the bathroom and not be aware of it lolz!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

God hood, its quite the false sense of security.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

God hood, its quite the false sense of security.

Cant run away from your self lolz.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Self Realization begs to differ. Didn't the Devil want to play God?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Self Realization begs to differ. Didn't the Devil want to play God?

The only devil that exists is the one that seperates the soul from god within and is conjured up by the very soul itself in the form of ignorance of the divine within all there is no other in non duality. Self realization is to know thyself to be god.
edit on 30-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join