It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf Breeze Saga (Part II) : UFOs, the Gulf Breeze 6, and the End of the World

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

As usual, Gut, you come up with excellent sources, to both untangle, and weave together the strands of a folie a deux, and all those subtle and not so subtle involvements with alphabetical titles. And then you bring up Monroe, which is exactly whom I've been thinking a lot about. Of course, though, he was an MK thief…at least that's my take on him…

Anywho, is that a new term: MKUFO? If so, it was desperately needed. And I have to say in light of that title, it may be that I'm not objecting so much to prodding HB to dig, but it's making me squirm for my own personal reasons, I have to admit.

Something told me to stop, and I got uncomfortable, suddenly. That's why I read a lot, and comment little, until lately and this thread, for some reason, which seemed to suck me in.

Anyway: @HellBoyz: Just a little quirky thing hereabouts: It's mostly due to 2) we are not set in our ways. And I have that straight from a drill seargent I happened to know personally. Yes, younger people have better reflexes in terms of speed, but not coordination, which is key.

ya'll carry on…..please.
tetra

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Lol,I wasn't trying to offend anyone. It's not like I'm a youngin myself anymore. I was just going off my observations at AIT (military school). Older folks do fine with the physical part of it. It just seemed like they had more trouble than the younger folks. I can't say this for every school in the military, just the ones I had experience with I'm 46, an I'm am definitely set in my ways. It seemed like the older a person was, the harder it was for them to adjust to military life and being told what to do by people that were younger than them. It's just my own personal observation, don't mean it applies military wide. You also throw into account that older people are more likely to have families which bring stressors and responsibilities off their own.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
...Anywho, is that a new term: MKUFO? If so, it was desperately needed.
tetra

When that term sputtered off my finger tips, I had soothingly scratched my own itch by finally finding a short-cut that worked! I might have subconsciously scarfed if from Jack Brewer, I dunno. Whoever, it's a real nugget, no?

hellboyz: So no one you've come across in the Duffy community has suspicions that something weirder than weirdos weirding out might have been going on?

edit on 28-8-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Not a single 1. I get the same responses. Crackpots, weirdos, good riddance. Not only did I ask my duffies, I even asked on the Feild Station Augsburg page. This page has people from all three companies, covering all the different mos's. Some of the people were the same mos, lived in the same barracks, some even attended school with some of them. It seems like I get a straight across the board, weirdos, crackpots, good riddance. They were disillusioned with Army life, hated being there and took off using this wild preplanned story to try an cover there assets. Seems strange that everyone has the same thoughts on it and it's pretty much the same words, almost seems scripted. Not a single person had anything good to say about the whole GB6 crew. 1 said Vance was looking at a discharge anyway for not passing the pt test and for being to heavy. Now that I'm looking at this at a different angle 24 years later, things are popping out that seem strange indeed. Just that fact that everyone one is saying the same exact thing is strange by itself.

edit on 28-8-2014 by hellboyz because: spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hello again all,

I reviewed the document - "Behavioral Science in the Physical Security Proceedings of the 5th Annual Symposium June 11-12, 1980" by glancing through quickly. The important things to remember are that it includes notes from a symposium that took place in 1980. The theme concerned security at nuclear bases and how a test was being planned for an unnamed base in the near future.

It was already a decade old by the time the GB6 were unleashing themselves from Augsburg.

There are hints at things that seemed far too advanced for the time like "holographic technology" (very Star Wars). It also spends a lot of discussion on "Bio-chemical effects on human behaviour". But I'll be honest and have to say that it would take some wild speculation to find any link to it and the adventures of the GB6.

As regards to any links to the Rendlesham Forest Incident (which occurred in Dec 1980 on a NATO base in England. And sorry if you are not familiar with the story and various characters but there a number of good threads on this site if you need to catch up):

Larry Warren has often claimed he and others were placed at the USAF leased bases (Bentwaters/Woodbridge) for a reason. A large number of LE & Security personnel were moved on before he arrived. Colonel Halt is on record claiming a number of the main witnesses were 'meddled with'. I think we can all assume that means interrogated, hypnotized and probably influenced involving the use of drugs from what he has said. There is a lot of testimony from others that hints at this too.

One of the guys stationed at Bentwaters at the time, and who knew a number of the witnesses, suddenly appeared and almost as rapidly disappeared from ATS. I am not going to name him directly in this thread to prevent any further "new search engine links" to be generated. I really don't want to cause this guy any more stress. He was mentored by Frank Camper and his posts can be seen via this link.

Link

I found it really bizarre how, not long after certain well known sceptics turned up in the thread, he posted in his final ATS post:

"I have nothing more to add to this case that I can think of and actually I thought it might be a good idea to get on here and talk about this but it actually is causing me a bit of anxiety and I think I will just crawl back in to my hole and stop talking about all this."

This may have nothing to do with the GB6. The ten years between 1980 & 1990 was VERY significant in the way the world had shaped up by then. But if Bentwaters in 1980 was a test bed for how military personnel react to certain stimuli then we can only guess at what may have been happening 10 years down the line?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Some other things I've found as well are :

A news clip from 1992 concerning this case

Click to view the news clip in full size

It seems that even a couple of years after the event the story was not quite what was being reported in 1990. But the Ouija board played a significant part in the story.

Strangely as late as 2013 the Marine Corps issued a warning that Ouija boards were not authorised to be used within it's buildings and properties as they were "deemed contrary to good order and discipline".

Source: www.patheos.com...

edit on 29/8/14 by mirageman because:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman
Yeah, uh, that's why I kept harping away at the ouji board…..
it was the one thing, the thing that stuck out, because it didn't belong……
especially in a military installation, especially an intel one….
but good,
you're far better at backing that up with documents than me….
and you're right on, from my humble position….
tetra

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Of all the things!? On the one hand, it's surprising and would suggest some element of frequency of use. Bored guys or geeky types dragging out the ol' planchette on a quiet night or screwing the minds of young recruits. On the other hand, some of the repercussions of ouija board usage can be pretty dire and not so good for morale.

Believe it or not, when someone commits themselves to a belief in the messages, or power of, the ouija board, they're giving over their own sovereignty to an unknown. It doesn't matter if there even is an *unknown* as they're prepared to allocate greater powers to the *it* at their own expense.

In psychology, it's part of metacognition: the act of thinking about thinking. Should someone begin to doubt the authority of their own thoughts, they are abdicating responsibility for their own free will and giving it to the *other.* In the case of ouija, I'd guess it's usually something sinister or counter to the morality of the percipient? I've never tried it.

Bad business in the barracks! Guys becoming scared or paranoid of being watched by unknown agents could never be good for morale. It also calls to mind the old psyops of Subotai and Sun Tzu's Art of War. They realised that seeding beliefs in their own armies' supernatural powers created greater fear and trepidation in their enemies. Not at all wanted in your own barracks.

The GB6 put their trust and free-will in the hands of the *other* and it didn't work out for them.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Believe it or not, when someone commits themselves to a belief in the messages, or power of, the ouija board, they're giving over their own sovereignty to an unknown. It doesn't matter if there even is an *unknown* as they're prepared to allocate greater powers to the *it* at their own expense.

agh, bud, you're bending my brain. k, let's say that precogemission and telekapesis are just things humans can do. maybe just some humans, i dunno. maybe all humans could, given ideal conditions.

it's in us to do that #, comes with the package, all us.

BUT.

there's some kind of backdoor. like, if we predict the gulf war, or bend a spoon, or whatever, and attribute that act to a source outside ourselves, we forfeit our free will through some kind of clause.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hi, everybody,

Jack Brewer here from 'The UFO Trail' blog. I very much appreciate each of your interest and kind words about the blog. Thank you.

Congrats on yet another relevant thread here at ATS. I've read some of your previous posts about the IC, and your research is admirable.

Some really interesting aspects of the GB6 have been introduced. I'd like to please put a few more on the table:

- In 1984 at the Augsburg Field Station, Sergeant Lyn Buchanan experienced what he described as a “psychokinetic” event involving a computer. The circumstances apparently caught the attention of Gen. Bert "Men Who Stare at Goats" Stubblebine, resulting in Buchanan's involvement in Remote Viewing. Buchanan would go on to describe himself as an alien abductee.

- The 1989 MUFON Symposium conducted in Vegas (the year before the GB fiasco) included William Moore's controversial presentation in which he explained he assisted Richard Doty in running the UFO community around in misinformed circles.

- Electronic difficulties were experienced at the 1990 MUFON Symposium conducted in the GB area, resulting in a change of venue due to air conditioning failure, among other circumstances of potential interest.

- Speakers at the 1990/GB conference included Dr. Rima Laibow, pro-alien abduction and pro-hypnosis advocate who would go on to marry Gen. Stubblebine. See the July, 1990 edition of the 'MUFON Journal' for more info on this and the previous item.

- The GB6 unit, the 701st Military Intelligence Brigade, was awarded the prestigious NSA Travis Trophy in 1991. It is presented for the most significant accomplishment in signals intelligence. That point has been previously mentioned in this thread, but I think it deserves bringing back up for possible context.

I'm not necessarily suggesting that all of the above circumstances are related to one another, or even necessarily relevant, for that matter. I do find them interesting, though, and I think they warrant consideration in the grand scheme.

Thanks again for all of your work and interest in the topics.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjflash

Hello, Jack (If I may.) Not only is it cool that you dropped in, but you even brought gifts.
This for one:

- In 1984 at the Augsburg Field Station, Sergeant Lyn Buchanan experienced what he described as a “psychokinetic” event involving a computer. The circumstances apparently caught the attention of Gen. Bert "Men Who Stare at Goats" Stubblebine, resulting in Buchanan's involvement in Remote Viewing. Buchanan would go on to describe himself as an alien abductee.

I remember that event from a couple of accounts, but without remembering the "Augsburg" it just kind of sat there in military-remote viewing history. Great catch worthy of pondering. Of course Gen. Stubblebine was long gone by the time of GB6, but wherever Stubblebine goeth is thusly certainly initiated in intelligence shenanigans and weirdness. Para-inteli-normal.

Do you think, btw, that the evidence suggests the remote viewers had MK-style ops done on their head? (Broad question I know.)

Keep up the great work, Jack.

edit on 30-8-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jjflash

Good to see you Jack

I'm not necessarily suggesting that all of the above circumstances are related to one another, or even necessarily relevant, for that matter. I do find them interesting, though, and I think they warrant consideration in the grand scheme.

'Interesting' and 'consideration' are probably the key-words of the topic and thread. Even if we limited the bare facts to a group of people believing in secret signals from elsewhere and embarking on an international journey to do battle with the forces of evil, it'd be a great story.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hello, Kandinsky! Good to see you, too.

originally posted by: The GUTDo you think, btw, that the evidence suggests the remote viewers had MK-style ops done on their head? (Broad question I know.)

I think it's a reasonable question. It's not like there's a lack of precedence. Actually, I first became interested in STAR GATE due to its time frame and the manner the project overlapped with MKULTRA.

My general thinking on such circumstances is that more emphasis could be put on project managers, personnel and Agency leadership, and less on specific project titles and descriptions. For instance, it seems potentially relevant to me that project reports from operations such as MKULTRA, PALLADIUM and PANDORA all end up on the same desks. I think it only natural that intentions and actions would bleed from one project to another, regardless of what might be officially reported and documented.

We can demonstrate repeated Agency interest in both scrambling peoples' brains and running the UFO community around in circles. I therefore think it deserves more consideration that, for instance, the same administration that launched MKULTRA listed fabricating a "big" flying saucer story as a means of cover for PBSUCCESS and the 1954 coup in Guatemala.

Similarly, I find it both relevant and rather fascinating that some of the same IC personnel that worked on non-lethal weapons projects and acted as CIA consultants are staples of the UFO community. It is for such reasons that the topics of gov disinfo and UFOs will be forever enmeshed.

How about you? What do you think?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjflash
...Similarly, I find it both relevant and rather fascinating that some of the same IC personnel that worked on non-lethal weapons projects and acted as CIA consultants are staples of the UFO community. It is for such reasons that the topics of gov disinfo and UFOs will be forever enmeshed.

Yeah, them guys. Hrmmmm. A couple or few of 'em are no strangers here. Dr. Green sits on the Science Board of this website. Col. John B. Alexander is cozy here, too.

How about you? What do you think?

I think you hit one into the bleachers with that reply. Thank you.

It also occurs that once the MK aspect is plugged into the UFO/Intelligence/Weird Science/Psyops conglomerate it fits perfectly and seems to go a long way in explaining some of the powerful myth-making shenanigans in the creation of the "modern" UFO era over the last 70 years. I know you ask the question, too: How can we ever move ufology forward until we uncover the sorcerers of deceit?

I won't be telling you anything here but, the military arm of the remote viewing project(s) were deemed "Human Use Experimentation".

Further, the initial funding for the remote viewing projects came from MK-ULTRA Chief Dr. Sidney Gottlieb and the MK connections run rampant throughout the program.

That's not to say that there wasn't a true interest in psi ability--in addition to the darker and unsavory aspects of the programs--but rather that some of the human consciousness mind-control-type techniques studied were believed to be in someway related to clairvoyance and "action-at-a-distance" to include the attempt to psychically influence "enemy" minds.

Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, CIA, MK-ULTRA, Remote Viewing

Though the most prominently discussed aspect of MKULTRA is the CIA's '___' work, the program included many other unusual investigations relating to the science of mind control. CIA researchers probed the potential of numerous parapsychological phenomena, including hypnosis, telepathy, precognition, photokinesis and "remote viewing."

all.net...

A bit more on how that tied to fear and paranoia and the "Red Scare":

When the CIA learned of these studies the obvious question was, ‘Do we have such a potential?' At this juncture, the United States did not have such a capability, nor had they ever really considered it−until now. If all these other "agencies" are involved, then why we not involved? It was clear that the principal intelligence agency for the United States needed to "catch up" to the intelligence collection efforts of the others−at least in this "alternative" method of gathering intelligence.

Late in 1972, CIA scientist Sidney Gottlieb, Chief of the Technical Services Division procured a rather large monetary endowment to initiate the research project that began it all. If the Soviets, and the others were as heavily involved in this research as was being reported−the National Security of the United States could be in jeopardy. Probably, the simple notion that this "eerie capability" might really be out there; and the possibility that we could do it as well, almost certainly drove the CIA's decision process.

www.davidmorehousebooks.com...

A bit more on that:

In 1952, the CIA initiated an extensive program involving the search for, and development of, exceptionally gifted individuals who could approximate perfect success in ESP performance. The Office of Security, which ran the ARTICHOKE project, was urged to follow all leads on individuals reported to have true clairvoyant powers so as to be able to subject their claims to rigorous scientific investigation.

The CIA began infiltrating séances and occult gatherings during the 1950s, which may explain why they were interested in a bizarre UFO/medium case in Maine in 1959. A memo dated April 9, 1953, refers to a domestic - and therefore illegal - operation that required the planting of a very specialized observer at a séance in order to obtain a broad surveillance of all individuals attending the meetings. 

During the late 1960s, the CIA experimented with mediums in an attempt to contact and possibly debrief dead CIA agents. These attempts, according to Victor Marchetti, a former high-ranking CIA official, were part of a larger effort to harness psychic powers for various intelligence-related missions (PROJECT SCANATE) that included utilizing clairvoyants to divine the intentions of the Kremlin leadership.

www.conspiracy-times.com...

The term mind-control is a slippery concept. That it belongs--as such an abstract concept--to a wider-range of sub-topics also makes it an easy target for "double-speak" and disinformation from its operatives. It sounds "crazy" to many folk, but not so fast! Lets break the term down a little.

For example, "Mind-Control" can refer to a few different, but related, modalities.

For instance, when we're talking about ELF and non-lethal weaponry, it can be as simple as bombarding someone with waves that either produce heat and pain or mental states of confusion and/or submissiveness.The "mind-control" tag in those instances referring to a simple sort: Forced Physical Dissuasion.

Then there's the sort that was pursued in the search for the so-called Manchurian Candidate. These modalities look for more intrusive and total-control of the human psyche and include the induction of dissociative states, hypnotism, pharmacology, ELF (electromagnetic control of mental and emotional states,) brain-implants, and social programming including the blackest of psyops operations: Forced Psychical Persuasion.

It's not "conspiracy theory" that MK-ULTRA attempted to do those very things. The documentation also makes clear the inclusion of topics that fall under the heading of PSI and Phenomenology. Government mouthpieces are quick to say that the MK-ULTRA franchise was discontinued, but we see above that Dr. Sidney Gottlieb procured early funding for Remote Viewing which encompasses many of those same goals and techniques.

Concrete evidence that electronic mind control was an object of study at SRI was exposed by the Washington Post in 1977: "When the Navy awarded a contract to the Institute, the scientific assistant to the Secretary of the Navy, Dr. Sam Koslov, received a routine briefing on various research projects, including SRIs.

As the briefer flashed his chart onto the screen and began to speak, Koslov stormily interrupted, What the hell is that about? Among the glowing words on the projected chart, the section describing SRIs work was labelled, ELF AND MIND CONTROL.

ELF stands for extremely [low] frequency electromagnetic waves, from the very slow brain frequencies up to about 100 cycles per second….

Linkwww.whale.to...

I think it's very possible that whatever mix of weird science and parapsychology the remote viewing cadre were, they were most probably subjected to various electromagnetic/beam/whatever testing. Factor in the hypnosis/deep state factor and we're looking at manipulated and programmed characters (Dames, et al) that are still spinning the stars.
edit on 31-8-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Welcome Jack Brewer and thanks for adding more ingredients to the pot.

I know I've said this before but I am surprised how a story such as this, which was little more than a distant memory of a news story of a bunch of crazies going AWOL 24 years ago has been expanded since Cuckooold began this excellent thread.

I can't add a lot more to this at the moment although it seems suspicious fingers can be pointed in certain directions. However I would like to say thanks to everyone who has participated in it for doing so in such a positive way.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jjflash

I'm starting to realize just how much I need to shut up and just dig even deeper into your blog. You have collated some great research, super documentation, collaborate with some great minds like Redfern, Carrion, and Heiser and more, and your own research, observations, and penetrating questions are superbly keen.

The following bit keeps sticking with me and reminds me of some sick things I learned about Artichoke.

Anyone who thinks these dark arts of control weren't learned from, expanded on, and continued just isn't paying attention to the documentation. This kind of sickness doesn't go away, it breeds:

I'd like to leave you with one more consideration, please. I was recently reviewing rather fascinating circumstances described in a now declassified CIA report written by Edward F. Deshere and titled, Hypnosis in Interrogation. Deshere described the deviously deceptive work of MKULTRA Subproject 84 lead researcher Dr. Martin Orne and his "magic room":

A captive's anxiety could be heightened, for example, by rumors that the interrogator possesses semi-magical techniques of extracting information. A group of collaborating captives could verify that interrogees lose all control over their actions, and so on. After such preliminary conditioning, a "trance" could be induced with drugs in a setting described by Orne as the "magic room," where a number of devices would be used to convince the subject that he is responding to suggestions.

For instance, a concealed diathermy machine could warm up his hand just as he receives the suggestion that his hand is growing warmer. Or it might be suggested to him that when he wakes up a cigarette will taste bitter, it having been arranged that any cigarettes available to him would indeed have a slight but noticeably bitter taste.

With ingenuity a large variety of suggestions can be made to come true by means unknown to the subject.
Occasionally these manipulations would probably elicit some form of trance phenomenon, but the crucial thing would be the situation, not the incidental hypnotic state. The individual could legitimately renounce responsibility for divulging information much as if he had done it in delirium.

Exploring the UFO Cover Up

Orne has always creeped me out. Bad juju. Your notes from the James Carrion podcast highlight an area of the military-occult-complex that is a veritable nexus of Spooks, Aviarians, and Space Platforms that is highly interesting to me:

"Ya know, I found that my involvement with Robert Bigelow and Skinwalker Ranch – the fact that I basically paid my own way to go there and was refused entry on the ranch - that lack of transparency tells me that there is something else going on. This whole subject is so muddied already, what you don't need is more cover up, more deception, more obfuscation.

"When I started seeing that in the whole MUFON-BAASS relationship, that's when I started to question what's really behind all of that and I voiced my opinions to the board. All of it was history after that because they went behind my back and renegotiated that contract.

"The bottom line being that I think – and this is very well known – that if you think you can dance with these intelligence agencies and they don't want you to dance with them, you're never gonna dance. The bottom line is there will be a way where you'll end up on the outside of that. I think there is a very interesting dance happening between ufology and the intelligence organizations that have more to do with what the goals of the intelligence agencies are than a cover up of extraterrestrial visitation."

"You know, the Skinwalker Ranch to me is interesting for a couple reasons. To me, the mythology – and I'll call it mythology because I don't think what's written in the book is accurate – this is based on personal investigation from when I went there and was denied access to the ranch, and then finding out that the brother of the original owner of the ranch, before it was sold to Bigelow, was very adamant in saying that nothing paranormal or strange in nature happened while his brother was owner of the ranch. He knows this because he was on the ranch many times. So I think there was a mythology built around that, in the same way that a mythology gets built around a number of cases that end up on the silver screen as a 'true story'."

Carrion also stated, "There's a mythology that was being built up. Why was it being built up? I think it had somewhat to do with the mythology surrounding Area 51. Somebody wants to continue that mythology. The same way that the mythology is continued around Dulces, New Mexico, and underground bases and a lot of the stuff that we hear about that really has no substantiation.

"Just because a billionaire owns the ranch, and a book is out there written by folks that allegedly were on the ranch, doesn't make it true."

Summing up events surrounding Bigelow and the Skinwalker Ranch, Carrion stated, "All I know is somebody is obfuscating what is really going on, and I don't think it has to do with protecting people's lives [concerning the lack of access and lack of transparency]. I think it's something else."

James Carrion to Podcasters: Deception Inherent to Ufology; Don't Focus on the Signal, Focus on the Noise

Wandering mind on a previous note: Vance Davis seems to have a lot in common with some of the spaced-out remote viewers, doesn't he?

Yeah, your blog. I need to read it all.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Welcome Jack, and thanks for your insightful additions to this thread.

I have nothing of note to add at this point, but just want to thank everyone who has participated in this thread. The discussion has been fantastic, and gone on for a lot longer, with far more information than I initially imagined. IMO, this is ATS at its best. The input of a few 'Easter egg' (to borrow a phrase from Kandinsky) participants has certainly extended the conversation into areas that are not readily accessible by what texts are currently available.

Thumbs up all around!

edit on 31-8-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I know Jack has given the late-great Philip Coppens credit for his excellent work in this area of "ufology." cuckooold also linked his GB6 article here. I say "great" because while I, too, couldn't agree with his ancient aliens theories, his body of work in that area where spooky spooks meet sophisticated psyops/mind-control meet ufos is significant.

Mr. Coppens also collated some of the best research available and builds quite a convincing argument and generally supports any of his learned & intriguing speculations. His whole series on his "Memes" page are a solid offering in the CIAUFOs arena, and I believe a must-read for anyone interested in this topic. A few of the titles:

Extra-terrestrial intelligence or terrestrial intelligence agencies?

The strangest UFO encounter… or a hoax?

The UFO contactee movement was led by people that worked hand-in-hand with the CIA; the abductee scenario was created by CIA personnel. It reveals an intriguing alternative universe of the contactee and abductee phenomenon.
The Pied Pipers of the CIA

It brings to mind another ubiquitous fellow of intelligence apparatus meets ufos hall-of-fame, Commander C.B. "Scott" Jones, from a UFO Trail article that I've linked and quoted here at ATS before:

Jones reportedly informed Gibbons, "There are reasons to believe that some government group has interwoven research about this (mind control) technology with alleged UFO phenomena. If that is correct, you can expect to run into early resistance when inquiring about UFOs, not because of the UFO subject, but because that has been used to cloak research and applications of mind-control activity.”

When asked if he continues to think the UFO subject cloaks mind control research and applications, Jones replied, "I think that the UFO/ET subject has been used to cloak a number of classified U.S. programs that certainly includes mind control. It probably has been used more often to confuse and disguise aerospace weapon systems than other subjects. It has been particularly effective when there is a presumed close relationship between what is trying to be protected and assumptions about characteristics associated with UFOs and ETs.

The Interesting, Eventful and Incredible Story of Commander C.B. Scott Jones

Shrewd as a fox the Cmdr, I'm sure, but I suspect that one has seen some head-tinkering, too…

Which brings me to another question for Jack, if I'm not bothering you too much. Did I see a document (maybe office of naval intelligence?) that referenced the efficacy of the Scientology practice of auditing in one of your articles?

To me it gets no weirder in this weird arena than when the ONI is involved in the weirdness.Then we have former Office of Naval Intelligence guy--pretty inarguably the greatest mind-controlling cult-building genius in history- L. Ron Hubbard and then some of his adherents (Hal Puthoff, Ingo Swann, Pat Price, etc) all over the beginnings of SRI/Military Remote Viewing Ops. Nah, there's nothing that falls under the mind-control umbrella here, ahem.

ETA: Oh, yeah, here it is:

A declassified 1950 CIA memo offers a glimpse into the deceptive and manipulative mindsets of those who developed such projects as ARTICHOKE and MKULTRA. While considering a "candidate for indoctrination" - a professional man to be involved in regressive hypnosis-like work on behalf of the Agency - the memo read in part:

This man recently took training at [redacted] He has given up all connections with dianetics because we do not consider dianetics medically ethically [sic] but the technique of so called dianetic auditing is an interesting one in that the subject, lying on a couch with his eyes closed, is regressed in much a way as to relive incidents, either pleasant or unpleasant at various times in his life. This is accomplished, usually without medication, and is said to be non-hypnotic.

[Redacted] would like to be re-called to active duty in his rank. I feel sure that his personality is such that he would be adaptable to indoctrination. At present, he knows nothing of what might be desired of him. 

Intriguing as some of that may be, in recent months writer/researcher Nick Redfern made some interesting remarks about events that provide direct implications into the Hill case, as well as the IC manipulation of public perception of such topics as alien abduction.

link

And, aww heck, I like anyone who grills one of my favorite specimens and more-than-likely person of interest ha: Col. John B. Alexander:

…Author Sharon Weinberger ambitiously tackled the mind control issue in her 2007 article, Mind Games. The WaPo piece contained an interview with Col. John "Mr. Non-Lethal" Alexander, who, among other statements of potential interest, declared he would argue the baby was thrown out with the bathwater when MKULTRA was axed. Weinberger wrote:

Alexander also is intrigued by the possibility of using electronic means to modify behavior. The dilemma of the war on terrorism, he notes, is that it never ends. So what do you do with enemies, such as those at Guantanamo: keep them there forever? That's impractical. Behavior modification could be an alternative, he says.

"Maybe I can fix you, or electronically neuter you, so it's safe to release you into society, so you won't come back and kill me," Alexander says. It's only a matter of time before technology allows that scenario to come true, he continues. "We're now getting to where we can do that." He pauses for a moment to take a bite of his sandwich. "Where does that fall in the ethics spectrum? That's a really tough question."

The colonel, who has long been a UFO Land attraction, stated during the interview that members of the national security community were once again expressing interest in mind control. He suggested that was particularly the case after 9/11 for a younger generation that wasn't around for MKULTRA.

"It's interesting, that it's coming back," Alexander told Weinberger.

Link

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

And to think when I first encountered you, you were wondering if MKUltra was still ongoing…sorry for the redundancy there.
tetra

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

The problem with affording these guys the omnipotence of puppetmasters is the disconnect between real world events and the creative speculation. Waterboarding for example? If a prisoner was thought to have valuable information, why waterboard them? Why not use the technology of MC? Likewise, why go to the lengths of extraordinary rendition when a trained team/person could access their knowledge in situ? Document dumps on Cryptome and Wikileaks, or at least the ones I've read, don't feature much supporting evidence for sophisticated MC. I recall reading the huge leak relating to CIA and NSA in post 9/11 America. Omnipotence was not in evidence in those memos - it was all interdepartmental conflict and rivalry.

Snowden's massive document dump is similarly without a bone of contention pointing at MC.

Jack mentions Palladium and that's an interesting CIA counter-measures project from the 50s. Back around 2011, I found a few UFO reports that could have been the results of the project's ECM spoofing radar signals - right place, right time. It's a technology that we know for a fact has developed and is used by the major powers and their navies and airforces as well as intel agencies. It at least shows a proof-of-concept that 'UFOs' can be spoofed.The little orphan Pentacle document adds sugar to the possibilty that some incidents were possibly staged although I can also see another angle on that one. Likewise that RAND on psyops and the supernatural ties in with, at least, the *notion* of spoofing for psychological gains.

We also know that Pandora existed and that it was unable to demonstrate a viable, reproducible technique of MC.

Sure, we do have what's left of the evidence of MKULTRA which conclusively shows that MC was pursued. There's not so much conclusive evidence that they were able to successfully harness lysergic and make targets conform to instructions. The anecdotal and available research of psychedelics supports the argument that usage is unpredictable even with the same person. MKULTRA appears to me like a project that had ambitions it could not substantiate. Devilish intentions and actions weren't apparently enough to discover a repeatable method of controlling individuals although they sure did wreck a few...and that poor elephant.

The research possibly continued in the same way extraordinary rendition side-stepped domestic and international laws against torture. The question is how successful has it been?

My point here is that there's stuff we know happened and the rest is a stream of suspicions, claims and speculations that we should all be aware of...even as we contribute to them.

How do we bridge the gap between the outliers and anomalies that suggest (or claim) a form of practical MC exists and the reality that implies it doesn't? Tough question. How would anyone go about separating the intel-generated myths of omnipotent MC from the truths? Who needs to know?

When the same few names keep associating themselves with the super-powers of MC, it's worth wondering why they would appear to be in the know when it appears that the NSA and CIA are not? Are they really? If not, where's the incentive? What's the goal? What goes on here?? Head-scratching stuff eh?

Incidentally, I was looking at 'perception management' as it related to that Pandora thread from a few weeks back. The quote and link in the wiki leads to a dtic manual where it isn't even mentioned...you have to admire the irony of the deception.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join