It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf Breeze Saga (Part II) : UFOs, the Gulf Breeze 6, and the End of the World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: hellboyz

yeah, that makes sense. i know there were a lot of people, but did you notice these guys start to hang out a lot? did it seem like they'd had an established friendship group prior to deserting? what did you guys think when they were honorably discharged instead of imprisoned?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

These guys all went to the same AIT. There seemed to b a friendship between these guys and they spent a lot of time together. Mostly playing fantasy type games. As far as the discharges, that seemed to b the norm for people with psychological issues. It was a high stress job. These guys were not granted access to any more info than anyone else. I frequented the analyst bay, because my now ex-wife worked there. All they did was put info in a usable firm to b sent on up the chain.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Hiya HB, good take on things and sounds reasonable. How did they get away with an honorable discharge? It puzzles me. Going AWOL on a mission to kill would surely have a different outcome? What are your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
They got a general discharge which turns honorable after 6 months. For Intel folks that's not unusual due to the high stress job. After the story they told I'm sure they were thought to have psychological issues and thats why they got off fairly light. As for the travel, back then all we needed was our Military ID to travel into any allied country. If they were not scheduled to work, nobody would have even noticed they were gone for a couple days. Most of us really didn't think about it much after it happened it was kinda a big joke because they weren't even missed. Kinda like outcasts. I kinda think it's funny when this story gets recycled every couple years an there seems to b more added to the story every time. If I remember correctly, a couple of the people had there clearance pulled and worked around the barracks due to being inept at the job.

edit on 22-8-2014 by hellboyz because: spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Thanks for adding to the thread hellboyz.

Would I be correct in saying that your take is that the whole story was really about a bunch of 'geeky' mates into fantasy games and new age fringe topics who got a bit carried away with it all. They hopped the Atlantic in some mistaken belief the world was about to end. And had it not been for a faulty tail light the story may never have seen the light of day?

edit on 22/8/14 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ta reply to: mirageman

That's pretty much it mirageman. I can tell you with certainty that they were not missed.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Well OK.

That seems entirely plausible to me.

However de-bunkers often preach that extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof. So I think it's fair to say that ordinary claims also need a bit of weight behind them.

All your posts , to date, have been in this very thread. So just to satisfy those who believe that this site may be infiltrated by agents of disinformation, for want of a better term.................

Can you offer up any other details to re-inforce your view and you are who you allude to be?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's a reply to: mirageman

I read mostly, this is the first post were I felt that I had something of value to add. I was a 05d, than the mos designator changed to 98d. signal locator and identifier with the 714th or the 13th. Can't remember exactly, I was there from 88-92. I lived in the WW2 barracks next to theirs on Sheridan Kaserna. Worked at gabligen Kaserna. The antennae array was called the elephant cage. Right outside the gate of Sheridan was a bar called the last chance. Since we pulled out of Augsburg all this is declassified. Don't know what else I can say to prove I was there.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hi hellboyz. Interesting claims - I agree with mirageman that some proof of identity or reinforcing evidence would go a long way toward strengthening your own claims.

Interestingly this website states;

www.seancasteel.com...

After three days in the Fort Knox prison, the group was surprisingly released without being forced to stand trial and they were finally allowed to make phone calls. When Davis called his parents, he learned that they, along with the other members’ parents, as well as congressmen and senators who were making inquiries, had been told that the military no longer had the group in custody. Even Robert Dole, the senator from Davis’ home state of Kansas and a member of the Armed Services Committee, had gotten involved and spoke to Davis’ mother several times, with the well-known politician complaining that he wasn’t being told the straight story either.

Davis said that he still doesn’t understand what was planned for the other group members and himself. The orders to free the group seemed to be coming down through unusual, nonmilitary channels, and their interrogators had also been nonmilitary, which seemed to be a fulfillment of the group’s initial reason for going AWOL in the first place. In any case, the group was released on August 16, 1990 , with honorable discharges, in spite of some of the military higher-ups declaring their feeling that the soldiers should be court-martialed instead. The Gulf Breeze Six would later learn that then-President George Bush, Colin Powell and the Joint Chiefs of Staff had together concluded that it was easier to simply release the group altogether.

“We had a choice,” Davis said. “We could stay in and get court martialed, but we weren’t going to do that. The commander at Fort Knox was ordered to release us under whatever conditions were required without making a big stink about it.”

For an ordinary case involving some 'fantasists', there seems to be some pretty high profile politicians getting involved.

/edit - hellboyz, your post went up while I was composing my own. While I don't necessarily discount your claims, I am curious about the code the GB 6 put in the newspaper, and the seeming interference of high profile politicians, who were dissatisfied with the seeming ease with which the GB 6 avoided punishment of any nature.
edit on 22-8-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have no idea about any code. My ex work the same job and same bay they worked in. The locators had the access to the same info they did. Normally the civilian agency CID does the investigation into military matter. I believe that it was just easier to discharge them with all the craps being said. All I know is the rumors and stuff flying around the base. Check out our key and lightning bolt patch the 701st wore. Stood for locked hidden knowledge. If Vance was trained by the nsa like he said he would never left the military alive. Way more visible and valuable assets have been killed when they attempted to leave the flock. There was always a special forces unit near us with a wet works team. My son are now in the Army, both Intel operator, 1,counter Intel and 1 crypto. I'm really enjoying the conversation even if you doubt I was there.
I can put my redacted DD214 and unit coin. I understand the doubt do to all the disinformation being spunned up here.
edit on 22-8-2014 by hellboyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Thanks for getting back on that point. There are people who like to create mischief on here. At the end of the day I can't ask you to reveal absolute proof of ID on a publicly available internet forum but you have added some more detail to back up your points.

When I first re-read the details of the story I found it totally bizarre. Your version, that the GB6 were a bunch of cranks and probably not up to the job does make it seem a lot more mundane. Although it's still a bit of a wacky story.

I guess that this the stuff that myths are made from?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Been reading with great interest, OP. Hadn't read about this case before. As to Hellboyz points that this group of people wasn't quite what's being presented, intel-wise, I think that makes it even more compelling, really, that they were discharged with full honors, only docked half a month's pay, etc. As to just how that affects the voracity of their story or their actions….I don't know. They still made it from Germany back to America, untracked, awol….they weren't total dimwits, or they had help.
Tetra
P.S. Hi, Kandinsky. I was gone a long time, huh. lol

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Believe what u want. Nothing they did was difficult or magical. everything was done in writing not computers. So tracking wasn't really done unless u were a high level asset.. Psychological discharges are general an turn honorable in 6 months

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellboyz

Believe what u want. Nothing they did was difficult or magical. everything was done in writing not computers. So tracking wasn't really done unless u were a high level asset.. Psychological discharges are general an turn honorable in 6 months

I implied nothing "magical," nor that sensational, really. The reason for discharge was psychological, was it? I must have missed that in reading the thread, or is this the first time that's been said and your information? I didn't know they "turn" honorable in six months. So…they got a "general discharge," under honorable conditions? Going AWOL under those circumstances would usually incur a bad conduct discharge and a loss of benefits, right?

If that's what you're saying and correct, then I would still wonder why they didn't get a bad conduct discharge. The fact that they didn't, if my information is correct, then would indicate some sympathy over special circumstances, perhaps, like being psy-opsed by their own, perhaps…..

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The UFO are actually gonna show mercy, and wipe all life on this Earth, like it was God smackin the Earth with a giant hand.

And go back to the drawing board? Ill get my camera for tht.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I was just being sarcastic with the magical remark. The information I gave about the discharges was the info we were given at the time. What actually happened is anyone's guess. I'm just telling you what happened at ground zero which was Field Station Augsburg. could there be more to it, yes. But these folks were very disappointed with Army life which I believe influenced what they did. I know several people were given general discharges due to bizarre behavior. We will probably never no what truly went on. All I know is it was a big joke to those if us who were at FSA.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Okay that puts things in perspective, then. If they were just bored and unhappy with millitary life, is it possible they were the ones doing the psy-opsing, as a joke on everyone else?
tetra

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Makes as much sense as anything else. They definitely weren't psyopsing us, most did not carel. The Intel field is made up of the top 1-2% intelligent people in the Army. Way smarter people than them was around than wouldn't b fooled. But true phyops people go thru a selection process before even getting to the schooling parts. They are attached with special ops. The 6 seemed to be dabbling in a lot of things and got way over there heads. The actual top level analyst went to AIT at Travis air force base, an now Ft Huacha. But in the end, who really knows what went on. I still find the whole thing amusing. Again, my view is from ground zero. A mixture of rumors and official statements.

edit on 23-8-2014 by hellboyz because: corrections

edit on 23-8-2014 by hellboyz because: corrections

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellboyz
Way more visible and valuable assets have been killed when they attempted to leave the flock. There was always a special forces unit near us with a wet works team.

My, my! Can't let a comment like that just slide by. Many of us here have our own speculative notions about military secrecy, but would like to hear more about how it actually works in practice.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This whole thread blew my mind... I had never heard any of this before i had to go back and read part 1 to get all caught up
Then right when things are getting crazy HB sweeps in and blows my mind with logic.
I just dont know what i believe any more... S+F.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join