It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dorian Johnson Recants Media Statement ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Not surprising, he kind of had to start telling the truth because if/when they caught him in even one small lie the deal would be off, no immunity.Then he could be charged with a number of things including obstructing a federal investigation.
if the other witnesses are saying the same things that he said and now he admits that they were lies doesn`t that mean the other witnesses aren`t telling the truth about some things also?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm getting tired of all the crap that comes out on both sides of this issue. The press seems to be riling more people up than anything else. I always figured that the kid did something to piss off the cop and I also think that the cop did get a little excessive with his response. He did not need to do the kill shots.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

Federal law only applies in the case of the civil rights investigation by the feds, specifically 42 USC 1983 - anytime a person is shot / killed by the police that "seizure" falls under the 4th amendment.

As for his actions it falls under state law for the criminal portion.

SCOTUS standard when reviewing an officers use of force is what did the officer perceive the moment force was used. Hindsight 20/20 is not allowed as a factor and is based on the fact the officer will not have the benefit of hindsight for his/her actions.

Some things to consider -
* - If its going to a grand jury I would not discount any indictments. A grand jury will indict a ham sandwich. If an indictment comes we can go from there.

* - If he is cleared and some unknown new evidence arises which fundamentally alters what happened new charges could be filed based on the new evidence.

* - An officer can be cleared in an IA investigation yet still face state charges / federal charges.
* - An officer can be found in violation of the IA investigation, resulting in the ability of the department and city to disassociate themselves with the officer, which effectively removes civil immunity MO law extends to officers. They can be cleared in the state / federal investigation.

* - it is entirely possible he could be cleared of everything and still be asked to resign.

Trying to understand how investigations into law enforcement use of force works for those not familiar can seem bizarre.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
That's not how our justice system works. The investigation has not even been completed and Nixon is stating that the officer needs to be prosecuted! You're are so wrong....

This is what happened with the Martin case in Florida. A politician stating his opinion and being completely wrong. Nixon is afraid of the blacks and their threats to riot if things don't go their way. He's a coward, a disgrace to the human race.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

It doesn't matter to you that this is in no way confirmed?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Don't you just love it..not confirmed by any other sources yet people SHOUTING "TOLD YA SO!!!"

These people are always there to justify the killing of black people..it is always the same ones.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Things just exploded there

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Yes aggressive prosecution v aggressive defense.
What did you want him to say? We are going to half ass this prosecution?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Just imagine if I came on ATS with one source claiming Officer Wilson came forward and admitted to shooting him without cause.

The same people crying "told ya so" would be screaming about there not being any other source and it must all be lies..because a white man does not lie..but a black kid...without a shadow of a doubt would lie.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Media now being arrested live on all streams.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
xD lololololol a rock radio station would have this scoop ? xD haha

Will wait to tomorrow and i'm 90% sure this is fake xD. ( if true, police and media will make it public tomorrow )

Lol a facebook of a rock radio station xD Source on ATS = weird. That's why people bought a 360$ time machine here xD.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamfox1
Media now being arrested live on all streams.

Which ones. I'm watching Vice and Don't see it???

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The Vice crew are on the ok side of the mess.

link   
Here's a link for more on this subject. It seems to explain why Nixon made that statement about a vigorous prosecution. He just might ignore the grand juries finding and appoint a special prosecutor. Special means, "do find the officer guilty so the blacks will not riot!" The racists are running the asylum.
theconservativetreehouse.com... gun-acquittal-probable/

link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I dunno. Libertygal has made a reasonable case in several posts about how this might happen.

It was always a surprise to me that Johnson was not charged in the convenience store robbery. Now we may know why.

Making a possible scenario does not make it any more true or confirmed, no matter how reasonable one might think it, especially as no credible sources have announced this.

As far as Dorian not getting charged, he is a witness in a current investigation regarding the cop killing his friend. Due to the cop shooting and killing being a much bigger priority than a strong arm robbery the store hadn't even reported, and him being a key witness, charging him has gone to the backburner, for good reason.

Despite all the focus on race for this case, race is not even on my radar right now. My concern is the trend of law enforcement everywhere using excessive force on people, and becoming more militarized. While Michael Brown might have not been a golden child, and was in the process of committing a crime, the nature of the crime did not justify the cop pumping six rounds into the kid. The more credible evidence I have seen does not support the cop's side of the story.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamfox1

Alex is down, you really saw media getting hooked?
Was it for not getting out of the way?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

The racists are running the asylum.

Ya they sure are, on both sides

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The Police are moving in on the Vice Side now too.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
But you're forgetting that the grand jury has not rendered a decision yet on if there should be a prosecution at all. You're getting ahead of the order of things. It was not right for him to say that at this time!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join