It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Suspected Ebola Patients Flee Hospital in Saudi Arabia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia may be seeing the beginning of an outbreak.. They appear to be more in fear of Saudi immigration than the Ebola virus.. Madinah is a fair size city and religious center if I remember correctly.

Two men, displaying suspected symptoms of the Ebola virus, ran away from a rural health center located in the Madinah province of Saudi Arabia on Sunday, a Saudi daily reported.

“The two African nationals, who did not have residency permits or any other documentation, came to see the doctor at the health center, complaining of difficulty breathing and bleeding while passing urine,” an official who requested anonymity told Arab News.

Medical officials were unable to conduct a thorough examination and confirm that the patients were infected with the Ebola virus as they ran away after being asked to produce their residency permits.

gulfbusiness.com...-T9MvIU
Looks like the head Doctor who treated Sawyer also has passed...

Nigeria reports 5th Ebola death: A senior doctor who treated Nigeria’s first Ebola patient has died, taking the death toll in Africa’s most populous country to five, Health Minister Onyebuchi Chukwu said on Tuesday. Chukwu said the doctor was “the most senior who participated in the management of the (first Ebola) patient” in the country. Liberian-American Patrick Sawyer, 40, died in a Lagos hospital on July 25, five days after arriving at the city’s airport visibly unwell on a flight from the Liberian capital, Monrovia. “With this unfortunate development, the total number of Ebola virus-related deaths in Nigeria now stands at five,” Chukwu added. –Yahoo News

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. I have been keeping an eye on this.

Here in the states everybody is infected with the "can't happen here virus".

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Wasn't the warning by the CDC that once Ebola gets outside of a certain area where it's contained as of current, there will be nothing to stop it? Literally with the people running away, they are going to spread it to who knows where, or as far as they can get.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Isn't Medinah a sacred city like Mecca? Not certain on that.

Either way it's a big city and with travel and commerce it isn't hard for it to spread.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I thought that the annual "hajj" (not sure about the spelling) is coming up?

More suspected cases are popping up. There's one in Sacramento now:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Weird thing about this report is how short it is. No details whatsoever about the patient - gender, age, whether they are from Africa or have travelled there, etc, etc. Odd that they left out soooo much.....

Then there's that patient I posted about earlier who collapsed at a job centre in Germany. She was from Nigeria and admitted to having been in contact with known Ebola patients.

Air travel is making the spread of this disease possible. It's only going to get worse unless international flights are severely restricted. But they won't do that.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
How did they get out? Simply ooze under the door?
Or were the attendants too frightened to try to physically detain the pair?
Im not sure I wanna grab an ebola victim myself.....

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Everyone was probably giving them a wide berth.

They're "armed" and dangerous, if they start biting/spitting people will back off quick. That's probably why they're shooting on sight in Liberia, no one's willing to apprehend them.

I can't believe officials scared them off by requesting residency permits. Documentation seems to be the priority, ebola not so much.

I think some ebola retraining is in order. These people are running scared, getting all heavy handed over paperwork is the wrong approach.

new topics

top topics

join