It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOOHOO! Bye bye gallbladder, you pain in my tummy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Just in case no one told you, the 'gall' in gall bladder is made up of recycled red cells (we continually kill off old ones and make new ones, the old ones are saved to make the gall or bile); the bladder holds this fluid and uses it as a soap or detergent essentially to help digest fatty foods; every time you eat something fatty, your gall bladder will constrict and squeeze a little bile (gall) into the small intestine where it helps the digestion process at that stage. Without the gall bladder the liver takes over this job but not as efficiently; thus the problem with digesting fatty foods afterwards.

I've found it isn't such a problem after six months or so, but you may feel better eating smaller meals from now on. Big meals seem to cause more problems. The trouble with spices may be more likely to be an irritable bowel problem which a lot of people have without knowing it. (BTW, spices can give you the sensation of a urinary tract infection, they irritate the urethra and bladder lining).

For what it's worth, the bile duct is famous for having all sorts of weird configurations; sometimes just a straight shunt, other times a U-shaped loop, and in the more unfortunate souls, a pigtail shaped corkscrew that for obvious reasons can be problematic; a majority of adults after 40 or so have sludge in the gallbladders and some have larger stones which can't pass through the duct and can cause a lot of pain; it feels like a knife in between your shoulder blades on the right typically (just in case anyone was having these pains and there's no knife in residence...).

Cheers, hope you feel better soon! The surgery is really no big deal, perhaps the worse part is if they do it laparoscopically, they put gas in your belly to make for easier viewing during the procedure and that takes a while to be reabsorbed; you may need to lie flat for the first few hours (maybe more) afterwards to feel comfortable. No biggy.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Hmmmmm never had any of those problems....I can eat PIZZAS again!
Spaghetti, roasted onions....eveh a bite of chili now and then....and my favourite hot sweet thai sauce....

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
My wife was scheduled for gall bladder removl back in the mid 90's. After she got out of surgery I saw my grandmother there. I thanked her for coming to see my lady, and she said, "Oh, she's here too?"

2 of my sisters both had theirs done on emergency that same morning. Most coincidental thing to ever happen to me.

Ok now THAT is one crazy coincidence!! Wow!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Now, I dont want to convince anyone because it is your own choice what route you take. However, after a lot of pain, I was in hospital both in China and in the UK for 5 days on drips for an infection of the gallbladder and they suggested in the UK that I also have mine out. They also "mentioned" the risks involved in NOT having the operation. Gallstones getting stuck in the bile duct below the join with the pancreas and pancreatic juices backing up to eat the pancreas which is a life threatening situation. I think I remember it correctly.

I wanted to try to avoid the operation so I tried a series of liver flushes following the protocol by Andreas Moritz (1 litre apple juice for 6 days and then epsom salts and grapefruit juice & olive oil for the flush) I was # scared because of the possibilities that it would not work and I would have to be rushed into hospital to have the op, however after a number of flushes, the feelings and pain reduced and now I do not have the gallbladder playing up like it did before.

Stay off eggs except occasionally and same with bananas too I believe. These tend to give me 'twinges' in my right side under my ribs so I know that I need to do another flush when this happens. I have a colema board which I use as part of the liver flush. These are expensive but in my opinion work very well, better than enemas anyway. There is info on these liver flushes all over the place and I found mine on Curezone.com along with horrendous images of what came out. Enjoy!!

PM me if you need any more information, but a liver flush is not the way for all people. It just depends, go with your gut feeling, talk to docs etc.
Q

edit on 20 Aug 2014 by qmantoo because: typo

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Some people who have their gallbladder remove have no digestive issues at all - but they seem to be the exception to the rule.
Life will be much better when you are not longer having attacks, but you may want to check out 'gastric dumping' if you're like the majority of us living without a bile regulator.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Some of the "flushers" believe that the liver also plays a part in gallstones and not just the gallbladder which is flushed. Obviously, the gallbladder is the storage and concentration vessel for the bile made in the liver but these flushers believe that there are also some stones within the bile vessels of the liver too.

When you do a flush, it is rather like someone squeezing the gallbladder and moving the stones out down the bile duct to the gut, you are allowing the gallbladder to accept more bile from the liver and at the same time it moves stale bile (and gallstones perhaps) out of the liver to the gallbladder. The idea is, the more flushes you do, the more the gallbladder is cleared of gallstones and the more the bile tubes in the liver are cleared out.

Obviously, this is not a medical thing and the medicos will violently disagree with these beliefs, so if you are someone who likes their science and proof, etc, then this belief explanation above needs to be disregarded.

However, I listen to all sides and some of the stories on curezone are impressive in that the writers of those stories have escaped the operation as I have too. (so far, cross fingers)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Father in law had his done. There were no problems other than he was sore for longer than they said he would be. But then he recovered.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Don't know what really causes such an awful disease, but I wouldn't wish anybody to go through this, guys. I experienced the surgery and it really sucks. By the way, I can recommend some useful article for those who suffer from pain. just in case it will be helpful for smbd else
What to Do with Signs of Gallbladder Problems?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join