It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF? Electric shock devices used in US courts???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
Apparently courts are now using shock devices to control unruly defendants:
Sheriff's stun vest a hidden tool to stop unruly defendants in Saginaw County court

As this guy is a member of the sovereign movement, and they like to go off on bogus legalese tantrums, I actually find this sort of amusing. Guess that's one way to show these guys that the laws actually DO apply to them, regardless of what they read on the internet.

I would prefer fines.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Saw the title........

"wTF, electric shock devices used in Court..."

Thought to myself, hey that's a good idea if it keeps the Judges 'awake' during All the court case.....

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

lol!! WRONG ANSWER!! lol! HIT HIM AGAIN!

now i can read the OP.

still lol'ing. sorry, maybe later.

edit on 3159298431am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — for ever. -George Orwell

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This seems to me that it's a violation of the 8th amendment against cruel and unusual punishment. Shocking someone for what would be, at worst, considered contempt of court with no warning seems to be going a little bit overboard and an overly excessive punishment for the crime at hand. So much for due process and innocent until proven guilty. The judge should be ashamed of himself.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
Apparently courts are now using shock devices to control unruly defendants:
Sheriff's stun vest a hidden tool to stop unruly defendants in Saginaw County court

As this guy is a member of the sovereign movement, and they like to go off on bogus legalese tantrums, I actually find this sort of amusing. Guess that's one way to show these guys that the laws actually DO apply to them, regardless of what they read on the internet.

This is exactly why this type of crap gets continued on. People like you dislike a certain group, you see theses tactics used on that group, so it makes you warm and fuzzy knowing those you hate are getting screwed.

There's a saying that starts with "First they came for..." but I won't repeat it, I'm sure you know it. But as your statement above proves you never really took it to heart and truly felt the meaning of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I ran across something from somewhere, (And if that's not proof enough for you, what is?) that the case was transferred to Nalley because the original judge who had the case basically said, get this nut away from me, or I'll sentence him to life underwater, or 6 hours whichever comes first.

I still think the shock was the wrong tool, but he had to know he was screwing up somewhere and needed to change his tactics. It takes very little intellect to know when you're upsetting the judge, and just a moment of further reflection to realize that's pretty dumb.

I still like a ten day imprisonment for contempt, then let him out and ask if he's ready to play nice. If he isn't, he wins more meals on the State's tab.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

Thanks for posting what I did not have the energy to post myself.

Some of the responses in this thread truly baffle me. I never once considered the content of the defendant's case as relevant to the issue of these devices being used in a courtroom.

People in this country get scarier by the day.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

This is common, and frequent, and it's been going on for awhile.

I'm sure you've heard of Jodi Arias right? She was wearing one too, under her clothes, every day. My apologies if someone else brought that up - I only read page 1.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Nope. Didn't know it was "common, and frequent, and...been going on for awhile."

Must have been a really comfortable rock.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I only found out because last summer (?) when the Arias trial was about to start or had just started, I read the most ridiculous article titled something like "What does Jodi Arias do every day to get ready for court?" and was literally a walk through, from what time she got up to when she would appear in court.

One of the things in that article was that she was wearing the shock thing. I was like HUH? I wouldn't have been surprised by a bullet proof vest since her case was so high profile.. but this? So I looked it up. It wasn't abnormal, it wasn't even new. So I had the rock too. I guess the kinds of people who know all about this are the kind in jail...not posting here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join