It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans Police Failed To Report Shooting Unarmed Black Man In The Head For 2 Days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

While you undoubtedly heard the name Michael Brown and may be aware of Ezell Ford, news of Armand Bennett may have flown underneath your radar. Blame the New Orleans Police Department for that. The 26-year-old Black male was reportedly shot in the head at an otherwise routine traffic stop last week. Only thing is, the NOPD were reluctant to report it two days after the incident - See more at: hiphopwired.com...

New Orleans Police Failed To Report Shooting Unarmed Black Man In The Head For 2 Days - See more at: hiphopwired.com...

So now police depts. are afraid to follow their usual protocol and release arrests and shootings to their communities.

This news is out now, let's see if a Ferguson type riot ensues.

If shop owners and businesses are wise in that community, they will be putting stock in warehouses and doubling their fire insurances.

Has the green light been given cross country to loot and riot? This may be a spot to keep an eye on.
edit on Tue Aug 19 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed title

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

This reminds me of the whole Trayvon Martin deal. Except it involves a cop, which makes it a bigger deal.

Something more to distract the masses but the larger failures at hand...

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Hope not.

So they arrested the officer?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I'm all in favour of people uprisings, they've got enough to get p*ssed at, however until full details are released, folks shouldn't be too hasty in getting angry.

The Michael Brown incident for example, at first I totally agreed with the unrest, however subsequent details being released have made me question it.
edit on 19-8-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Not worth it eheh
edit on 19-8-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm sorry this man died. I was tired of the Ferguson stupidity. I am not going to try to get information on this.

I hope his family is recovering from their loss

ETA: Both of these cities have famous rappers that grew up there. Nelly grew up in St. Louis and Cash Money is from Nola.

Juvilnile made a song about being left on his roof during Katrina even. There are non violent ways to get attention to your cause.
edit on 19-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I'm sorry this man died. I was tired of the Ferguson stupidity. I am not going to try to get information on this.

I hope his family is recovering from their loss.

The guy didn't die, he is recovering in hospital.

The point is the police waited two days to release an officer shot an unarmed black man, and only after some news source broke the story. The police then responded with an apology, admitting they failed to follow their normal procedure of reporting an officer shooting.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ty for telling the details. I hope this will help the people so stuck on facts realize there is an underlying issue we need to resolve.

Policies and Procedures are there for a reason. I'm not going to check and see if they waited until the.last possible moment. I am simply going to be grateful this man is alive.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I hope this will help the people so stuck on facts realize there is an underlying issue we need to resolve.

Translation:

Forget the facts! I have an agenda to push!

Funny. Too funny.
edit on 19-8-2014 by areyouserious2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: areyouserious2010

Its like learning the periodic table before you build a bridge. Sure it helps you build a great bridge, how long will it take to actually use the bridge?!

Now if you took the time to learn which construction materials build the best bridge, you'll have your bridge must faster! I'm think it would be better than the first example as well.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Not surprised. Have you ever been to Louisiana or New Orleans more specifically? Great food, but otherwise it is like being in a foreign country.

Everything is different down there...everything. lol

I spent 2 summers there while in college. Have been back a few times since then and from what I could tell nothing had changed. Haven't been back since Katrina though.

Oh, they had a bridge there, that crossed the Mississippi River...there was nothing but a circle of pavement on the other side so you could turn around. Rather large bridge too...

edit on 19-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Failed to report to whom? They report to themselves and the District Attorney. What did you expect them to do? And their local news reporters are always right onto things as they happen.... thats their job.

Was the PD supposed to call up the news outlets and say "Hey! Guess what? We just shot somebody!"

No. Ridiculous. Perhaps it as the NEWS MEDIA youre referring to ...but I find that hard to believe a well. You know the reporters knew it happened, when it happened.

Failed to report? Failed thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Off topic...yeah, but funny story:

I worked in a manufacturing plant both summers. Lots of cajuns worked there....they thought I was deaf cause I had such difficulty understanding what they were saying. I would be told something and my reply would be "what?" or "huh?" every time so they got to where they would tell me stuff louder LOL

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Its like learning the periodic table before you build a bridge. Sure it helps you build a great bridge, how long will it take to actually use the bridge?!

Following your logic, what would happen if you tried to drive over a half finished bridge?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Failed to report to whom? They report to themselves and the District Attorney. What did you expect them to do? And their local news reporters are always right onto things as they happen.... thats their job.

Was the PD supposed to call up the news outlets and say "Hey! Guess what? We just shot somebody!"

No. Ridiculous. Perhaps it as the NEWS MEDIA youre referring to ...but I find that hard to believe a well. You know the reporters knew it happened, when it happened.

Failed to report? Failed thread.

Failed attempt at calling a failed thread.

NOPD chief apologizes for not disclosing police shot man in head

New Orleans Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas on Wednesday acknowledged his department failed to notify the public about a police-involved shooting that left a man with a head wound. Serpas apologized after NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune reported for the first time that an officer shot a man in the head Monday.

Source

Police don't issue public apologies for nothing.
edit on 19-8-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I do not understand all of this nonstop talk of 'looting and rioting.'

Yes the first few nights it happened - since then I have been watching the live feeds. All i have seen is angry people yelling in the streets - until the swat teams advance their lines without purpose and piss everybody off.

What gets me is. Americans do not even know what a real riot looks like.

You think Ferguson the first few nights was bad? You think that justifies the paramilitary descending on Ferguson? No.

Watch some protest videos of Kiev. Watch some in Egypt. Those protestors were nonstop firebombing the police for weeks on end and everybody here was cheering them on.

I repeat. Americans do not even know what a real riot looks like.

Our police here cry like little girls when they have water bottles thrown at them. If they had to endure what the Kiev police endured they would have been openly firing live ammo into the crowds I guarantee you that much.

ETA: If the people did even 1/10th of what they are doing in Ferguson every time an officer murders a man - the police departments would all go bankrupt paying overtime man hours to keep their paramilitary forces on the streets every night.

I wish what is happening NOW in Ferguson (not the initial looting) would happen every single time the cops kill somebody. They'd be forced to clean up their act.

What about when the police shot a handcuffed man in the back of a cop car? Nothing....shameful....
edit on 19-8-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You're right. The chief said he had written the press release himself and sent it to public relations. He said he didn't know why it didn't get released, he reminded the people of his good record in getting information out, and apologized that they hadn't met their standards in this case.

What would the point be of trying to hide it? The family and friends of the deceased would break the story, even if nobody else did. What does the department gain from it?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Maybe they didn't think it was an important thing to do before they could arrange something first.
Still no race war here,take your mags out,it's all corruption and fake fear as usual.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Sounds like attempted murder to me. Now police can just murder people under color of law during traffic stops?

If so, I'm a strong supporter of capital punishment for abuses of said power. I think Georgia was on to something with wanting to add guillotines to the mix. Perhaps it is time for a national dialog on said subject..
edit on 19-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

You're right. The chief said he had written the press release himself and sent it to public relations. He said he didn't know why it didn't get released, he reminded the people of his good record in getting information out, and apologized that they hadn't met their standards in this case.

What would the point be of trying to hide it? The family and friends of the deceased would break the story, even if nobody else did. What does the department gain from it?

Public Relations is still a part of the police hierarchy, the public relations dept obviously delayed the release, either on their own decision or ordered to. Did they fear Ferguson type riots? A few days delay would allow them to prep for the possibility.

Being out front seems to be better than holding back information, that is what people get all agitated about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join