It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totally FREE WEB based Radio Station Playlist for Unsigned bands.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural

Hi Aural,
I'm so sorry, but I think you're missing the point of our website a wee bit.

It's purpose is to give new, unsigned musical talent a platform on the web, to air their own original music for free.

It is intended that it will cater for all types and genres of music, and since there are only about 20-odd tracks on there at the moment, we don't feel it necessary to sub-divide them further (although if the number of tracks did increase significantly, we would certainly consider that as an option - thanks for the idea!).

If you don't like any track, you can immediately skip to the next one with one mouse click (unlike other web based "radio stations"). No need to listen to any thing that you don't like.

It is already open to all unsigned musical talent (not just "bands").

The band info (details of the artist, their track AND how to contact them directly) automatically displays at the bottom of the screen when their track is playing.

I'm not aware of any "non functional links"??? We don't have any non-clickable links.
There are simple text based contact details which the artists provide for us to display along with their song as part of the track title.

We deliberately do not store any further information about the artist.
If you like them - get in touch with them directly, that's the whole point... to let THEM reach you and YOU them.
No need to "save" them on our site. Once you've found them on our site...if you like them, you follow that up by visiting THEIR site or contacting them for info on where you can hear more of their stuff using the contact details that they have chosen to display with the track info on the player.

We really like the simplicity of the site, and we are pretty sure our visitors do too
We don't want to get into the position of having to sort out security, passwords, accounts, logins etc. and we believe that our visitors prefer the immediate "hassle-free" access that they have now.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to put some thoughts and ideas into this!

regards
Gordi

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
RADIOUN.COM is being discussed on ATS LIVE RADIO's Out Of The Box show tonight!!!

Monday 10 pm GMT (UK),
11 pm CET (Europe)
Monday 10 pm EST,
9 pm CST,
8 pm MST,
7 pm PST (North America)
Tuesday 10 pm AEST (Australia)

LINK to Out Of The Box

regards,
Gordi

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Visit the ATS Live Forum for more information. Look for Out of the Box SE5 EP3.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thats what i meant. The info is listed in the same place as the song and band info. Its cluttered and sometimes there is a url if they have one and because of its location it looks clutered and in order to contact these bands for instance if its a url of their web pge it would be more convenient if this info could be listed in a little box near the player as part of the player. It would be more neatly formatted and more appealing to artists and users. GEt what i mean?

Oh and have you tried getting attention on tumblr? You said you used social media but im not sure how many. Thing with tumblr is some people who have a lot of followers are willing to promo peoples blogs or websites sometimes. More effective on a music type blog id presume. People on tumblr even the not so popular people usually have 80 - 300 folowers some popular people have in the thousands or tens of thousands.

I know someone with a band but she abandoned me long agoo now and ive had no contact with her since. I miss her a ton. :c
edit on 26-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
How have things been going with the radio station Gordi, I have passed your details on to a few musos who sounded a bit excited when I mentioned what you were offering.

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

Thanks bro, we've currently got a 3 months complimentary extension to our domain reg and web hosting, and there have been a few recent submissions (some of which couldn't be added to the playlist due to the poor quality of the recordings) so it is still just ticking along.
Some good suggestions came out of my appearance on Out Of The Box on ATS radio, and I'll be looking at following them up.
We'll make a final decision on whether to keep it running when the web hosting etc gets near to running out.

Thanks for spreading the word!
G

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join