It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm willing to be a killjoy here for the sake of thinking long term.

Remember those breast cancer awareness things that keep popping up, where it's a left field phrase like "I like it on the kitchen counter" or "I'm going to Las Vegas for 8 weeks"? The insider joke crap that is supposed to raise awareness? Yeah, this is equally stupid. It might get attention briefly, but it'll fizzle in equally short order, and won't be of much help in the long term. What ever happened to passing on actual information and educating people about these diseases? Does everyone need to be an idiot on film or think they're being shocking/funny to garner attention for serious things? Once the fad passes, it's just *poof*, done & everyone forgets about the affliction of the week. I don't see how a brief cash cow today existing as a tagline chuckle to these serious diseases can really help 5 years & longer down the road.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
hmmm

I'm thinking that maybe next year, the challenge could be pooping at parties?
Some of you are obviously up to the challenge.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

RITUAL DECODED: Ice Bucket Challenge - Katy Perry - Dark Horse Satanic Music Video

This is one of the best decodings I have seen recently.

Baptism? Isis? AeoLuS? A perfect storm? The implications will be nuclear but. Good intentions of those participating tend to wipe out their magic though, thats why they always are so heavy handed on bringing in bad things with technology.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join