It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS beheads US Journalist James Wright Foley

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Jungian

Ummm...no. It is not being "censored everywhere" as you claim.
Just last night, I was watching a CNN clip....the video on full display.

LL made their own decision and if you read the statement they made, it is telling and has very little to do with "censoring" it, though I did make some statements on that in another thread here regarding LL's decision.

The fact that it is "illegal" to view or download is not really something I can comment on. I live in the US. It isn't illegal for me to view it. If it was, or was illegal to search for such things....I would already be in some secret prison somewhere, as would MANY others.

I would imagine that authorities claiming it is "illegal" to view/download it is a way to corral those who may be sympathetic to the cause of IS. After all, it is the UK and the problems with radical immigrants and dissenters is something that they are dealing with.

Where else is it being "censored"?
If it is, why is it that, even with the LL censorship, I can find it readily....all over the place? (along with countless others)

And yes, I made statements in this thread....nay, throughout this thread....about my position and view of the video. My views evolved and my position on the legitimacy of the video changed. I don't see the problem with learning from that analyzation.

To claim it is "fake" requires a position on why it would be faked....AND, if that is the case, WHY is IS taking credit for it?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Exactly.
Viewing isn't illegal, downloading and distributing probably is.

If say an American downloaded this video to YouTube and I watched it no criminal offence has taken place.
If I then post a link to the video on Facebook then I may have committed a criminal offence in accordance with The Terrorism Act, 2006.

I'm almost certain that there are still a few grey areas and a test case would be the only way of clearing things up.

Still, if people weren't committing these acts in the first place there would be no need for this debate - perhaps that's what our governments should be concentrating on.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well, I've shared it.
No knocks at the door.....as of yet.

That was days ago.

I would imagine that sharing it....in support of it, is a far cry from sharing it while condemning it.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

Ummm...no. It is not being "censored everywhere" as you claim.
Just last night, I was watching a CNN clip....the video on full display.

LL made their own decision and if you read the statement they made, it is telling and has very little to do with "censoring" it, though I did make some statements on that in another thread here regarding LL's decision.

The fact that it is "illegal" to view or download is not really something I can comment on. I live in the US. It isn't illegal for me to view it. If it was, or was illegal to search for such things....I would already be in some secret prison somewhere, as would MANY others.

I would imagine that authorities claiming it is "illegal" to view/download it is a way to corral those who may be sympathetic to the cause of IS. After all, it is the UK and the problems with radical immigrants and dissenters is something that they are dealing with.

Where else is it being "censored"?
If it is, why is it that, even with the LL censorship, I can find it readily....all over the place? (along with countless others)

And yes, I made statements in this thread....nay, throughout this thread....about my position and view of the video. My views evolved and my position on the legitimacy of the video changed. I don't see the problem with learning from that analyzation.

To claim it is "fake" requires a position on why it would be faked....AND, if that is the case, WHY is IS taking credit for it?

You are seriously asking why extreme Islamists would want to keep fueling their holy "war?" Propaganda works on both sides, and the extremists are recruiting a lot of ignorant sheep as well as America. Cant believe I had to say this. But oh well, its ATS.. where UFO believers ignore hoaxes. I am on ATS for debunking. But a pattern is forming by this thread: Video is to be believed and not questioned.
edit on 22-8-2014 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
For god sake, I'm getting sick of hearing that the video is fake, perhaps its because this is a conspiracy site and attracts certain individuals who will cast aspersions that everything is faked unless they had a ring side seat at the execution.

Then why do you keep returning and replying to them?

This site is all about questioning what your being told by the MSM. If you don't like people doing that, then leave.

All you've done is bark at people for questioning very real oddities in the movie.

Neither you or they have provided hard PROOF < no one can because it occurred on the other side of the world.

You saying your side of the argument is absolute truth because the TV says so doesn't make the people questioning it any less relevant. You just don't enjoy being told your wrong. Fair enough, no one does.

But this is ATS and people are allowed to voice their opinion, so stop forcing them into the shadows.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I can only assume those people truly believed Osama Bin Laden carried out 9/11, because of that obviously real video presented by the MSM back in the day that showed him plan it..

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

For god sake, I'm getting sick of hearing that the video is fake, perhaps its because this is a conspiracy site and attracts certain individuals who will cast aspersions that everything is faked unless they had a ring side seat at the execution.

Then why do you keep returning and replying to them?

This site is all about questioning what your being told by the MSM. If you don't like people doing that, then leave.

All you've done is bark at people for questioning very real oddities in the movie.

Neither you or they have provided hard PROOF < no one can because it occurred on the other side of the world.

You saying your side of the argument is absolute truth because the TV says so doesn't make the people questioning it any less relevant. You just don't enjoy being told your wrong. Fair enough, no one does.

But this is ATS and people are allowed to voice their opinion, so stop forcing them into the shadows.

They are most likely Government payed shills...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

You are seriously asking why extreme Islamists would want to keep fueling their holy "war?"

Ummm...no. Where did I say that?

Propaganda works on both sides

No #....you don't say. Wow, I guess I learn something everyday.

I am on ATS for debunking

Thus, to you, everything is a "conspiracy" and you are simply looking for conformation bias. If all you intend and seek to do is "debunk"....you sir, are NOT seeking truth, you are seeking to show others how they are wrong and you are right. Nothing more.

Video is to be believed and not questioned.

Really? You must have missed my other comments about this video, some of which are IN THIS THREAD. I guess you can't be bothered to go back and read them though, much better to just CLAIM you know my views and current position. How's that work out for you? Does it make you sleep better at night?

All you've done is scream "fake"....rather than see that "staging" it could have simply been a product of them wanting to "get it right" in their own eyes and they did various takes....not really a huge conspiracy there.
No reason to think it is "fake"....staged, sure. "Fake"...absolutely not. Not the end deed. What we see in the video might be a "take" and he is doing the "sawing" (ie...at the time, "faking it") with intention of cutting to the "finished deed" later.

It really isn't that hard to understand when you come out of your own biased boxed in views and look at it with an open mind.

Though, I imagine that it is impossible to get this through to you. You have already proved that you are extremely biased in your position on the thing.

Good day to you....

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Of course they are. Everyone who disagrees with you MUST be a "government shill"....give me a frikkin break. That garbage is tired and old and is a dead horse...beat to death by those that just cannot seem to face the cold, harsh realities of this world.

Would you please point me to the posts you made that bring something productive to this conversation, for the sake of me not having to go digging...only to find that all you have done is scream "fake" and "shill" throughout.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I didn't watch the video and I will not watch the video but

DID YOU GUYS noticed how that whole scene is like "300"?

when I first saw that one frame it strongly reminded me of something, I got "that" "already seen" feeling.

that surreal feeling.

it took me few days to realize it eerily reminds me of "300"...

what do you say - same directors?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Ummm...no. Where did I say that?

You said "if its fake, why would they take credit for it?" And I answered.

No #....you don't say. Wow, I guess I learn something everyday.

Well I truly had to tell you, cause it didnt seem you understood what I was trying to tell you, shill.

Thus, to you, everything is a "conspiracy" and you are simply looking for conformation bias. If all you intend and seek to do is "debunk"....you sir, are NOT seeking truth, you are seeking to show others how they are wrong and you are right. Nothing more.

Oh great. Label me a conspiracy theorist for NOT believing in this video. Awesome shill you are. Poor attempt tho. Must be 20 years old tops. I am seeking the truth a lot more than you are in this thread. I am at least asking questions regarding the OBVIOUS staged feel of the video, and not blindly believing that its real just because someone TOLD me.

Just for clarification..Do you believe the Osama Bin Laden preparing for 9/11 video and that Al Quaida was really behind it?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

Of course they are. Everyone who disagrees with you MUST be a "government shill"....give me a frikkin break. That garbage is tired and old and is a dead horse...beat to death by those that just cannot seem to face the cold, harsh realities of this world.

Would you please point me to the posts you made that bring something productive to this conversation, for the sake of me not having to go digging...only to find that all you have done is scream "fake" and "shill" throughout.

Please point to you the post where I agree with the sheep herd? Sorry..cant do. All I can do is question the video because of glaring obviousness: It looks fake. AKA memories of 'Osama Bin Laden preparing for 9/11 video' comes back to haunt me. Wag the Dog tactics in play. And that tactic is older than the shill tactics you are attempting.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

All you've done is bark at people for questioning very real oddities in the movie

All I have done is ask people to go back through the threads to read what others have put as responses to these "oddities"

How much prove do you need when the man's head is clearly on his back after being decapitated?

As said to your THREE times, take a look at the original OP again and you will see the OP was started way before MSM got hold of it and as such MSM has nothing to do with this video.

Of course folk can say what they want on here as can I, but when you see the same members asking and stating the same things despite their points being answered, it gets tiresome. Deny Ignorance is the motto of this site and I believe some folk have showed complete Ignorance on these threads.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Of course folk can say what they want on here as can I, but when you see the same members asking and stating the same things despite their points being answered, it gets tiresome.

As requested I have answered the points you linked to.
Because you believe these points ''answer the questions'' < even though they are not your points... I have respectfully replied why these points are not valid.

If you are a respectable member interested in denying ignorance I can then expect your rebuttal. After all we are here to find the truth, not just link to other peoples replies then bark at people for raising valid points, right?

Incase you have lost the reply
It is at the bottom of this page:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

As said to your THREE times, take a look at the original OP again and you will see the OP was started way before MSM got hold of it and as such MSM has nothing to do with this video.

Twitter has NOTHING to do with MSM? LOL WTF has the world come to! Deny Ignorance? -From the horses mouth.

All I will say now is that I can surely agree to disagree. And just never pay anymore attention to you people cause you act like religious zealots.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You gotta admit. Something is seriously wrong here!

Saw this site. They reckon the vid is fake and they used a CPR dummy. It's possible!

Right now the corporate media is shoveling ISIS at us as hard as they can, in an obvious propaganda campaign reminiscent of the similar campaign about "Al Qaeda" and "Osama Bin Laden" that preceded 9-11. Given how desperate the US Government is to revive the war agenda, we should be concerned that a new false-flag attack, bigger and bloodier than the World Trade Towers, is being considered.

I can agree with that. All this ISIS bullcrap is being exploited like hell by the Lamestream Media. Are we being set up again?

**snip**

You have to ask the question they are asking. Why is it illegal to view and or distribute this video? They never did it before with other videos. Like they say on that site, they want people to believe it is real but they don't want you viewing it thus questioning it!

edit on 8/22/2014 by maria_stardust because: Removed link to gore.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Take a look at the following link that a poster made on the first page of this thread and it will answer some of your questions; www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sigh, how disappointing.

You accuse people of being ignorant and stupid and wasting time because they have a valid opinion about this beheading. To backup how correct you are, you insist we read the information you believe answers all our questions.

So we do, then reply why your stated answers are in fact not valid.

Then you log off and run away.

Disappointing.

edit on am929318222014-08-22T09:29:02-05:00092014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Didier François, French Journalist Held With James Foley, Breaks Silence

www.ibtimes.com...

François and three other French journalists were freed in April near the Syrian-Turkish border. The French government denied reports that a ransom of $18 million had been paid to end their 10-month captivity. ISIS had demanded a 100 million euro payment to free Foley.

So the real reason was money... But they quickly changed that right?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Take a look at the following link that a poster made on the first page of this thread and it will answer some of your questions; www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sigh, how disappointing.

You accuse people of being ignorant and stupid and wasting time because they have a valid opinion about this beheading. To backup how correct you are, you insist we read the information you believe answers all our questions.

So we do, then reply why your stated answers are in fact not valid.

Then you log off and run away.

Disappointing.

I have responded to you on another thread, and to the person who starred your post, perhaps learning that looking at the members avatar will say "Member Online"

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jungian

Twitter has NOTHING to do with MSM? LOL WTF has the world come to! Deny Ignorance? -From the horses mouth.

All I will say now is that I can surely agree to disagree. And just never pay anymore attention to you people cause you act like religious zealots.

OK, well lets agree to disagree as nothing I will say will deter your opinion and nothing you will say will deter mine.

Edit - To add I am not religious, I believe in Deism and as such cannot be refereed to as a "religious zealots".
edit on 22.8.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join