It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLANKTON found in space: Sea creatures are discovered living on the exterior of the ISS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is (if true…?) ACTUALLY quite a fantastic find………

Amazing to think that an 'earth bound' entity could get all the way up there……….

Maybe the Plankton have had enough and just want to leave this polluted Blue Orb..

PDUK

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe….?

PDUK

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hmm, now I'm imagining all the dolphins bolting before the end of the earth in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - "goodbye and thanks for all the fish"...

Not such a good thought there...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Wow, this news really makes my day! SnF to you! My only question is how long has NASA really known about this stuff floating around in Space? Probably at least 30yrs....Further, where it really came from....? I'm guessing that it's a chemical make-up type of thing like fruit flies in fruit. It's there and you don't even see it because it's part of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: SLAYER69

I think it does.

I have always believed that even within our own solar system we will find life nearly everywhere we truly look.

Yes and I predict there are large life forms in space also. In fact I think we will find there is life just about everywhere!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur
Congrats Loam, I believe you get the honor of the very first post that shows confirmation of life in outer space. Granted, it's not extraterrestrial but it ain't human.

That means you get a cookie!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I have always believed that even within our own solar system we will find life nearly everywhere we truly look.

To extrapolate further...

If true it may not be so surprising if someday an Earth probe finding Earth microorganisms on say some ice moon in our own solar system.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Well, that hasn't been the case so far. In fact, it's been pretty much nowhere we've looked, except here. If you want to count that.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur
a reply to: loam

Congrats Loam, I believe you get the honor of the very first post that shows confirmation of life in outer space. Granted, it's not extraterrestrial but it ain't human.

Poor Arken.

2nd.
edit on 19-8-2014 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Great Find. I wonder what they found on the surface of the Black Knight when they brought it down to inspect it.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is really interesting indeed !

So to me, our planet Earth in co-huts with the Universe... is taking care of its self naturally.
Planet Earth is naturally seeding the universe on its own accord.

It's all a part of the natural cycle, the universe being symbiotic in its entirety.

Most would not think about it on this level. It also makes me wonder if Earth is preparing to spread life out into the Universe because it feels it needs to.
Does Earth know something we don't...

How may times has this been done already from other planets out there, planets that no longer harbor life today.

leolady

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Loam, I have a feeling this thread's gonna be a biggie!!

They claim the plankton were not carried there at launch – but are thought to have been blown there by air currents on Earth.

In 2014, the humans discover organisms that are hanging around a space station constructed very recently.......compared to the age of the Earth.

Surely one can extrapolate from this discovery that maybe, just maybe, the organism(s) never stopped travelling from the Earth (or any other "habitable" planet for that matter)....up to and including hundreds of millions of years ago and in fact the universe is teeming with Life - and always has been.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well. This is pretty big news. A third organism that can survive the extremes of space.

If this "splankton" has been found on the ISS, then, i would start searching for other things. I have always wondered how much life we would find in our upper atmosphere. Usually when you find life somewhere, its not alone. There is usually a food chain or maybe a whole working ecosystem involved.

I wonder if this is really the first time they have found something like this.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

hmm that lander drops on that asteroid/comet soon ...

could there be a second discovery I wonder

funBox

edit on 19-8-2014 by funbox because: mixing wolves with dirty snow

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That is awesome news! I always had a feeling something like this would be discovered.

What are these nanosatellites?

"The discovery was made during a routine spacewalk by Russian cosmonauts Olek Artemyev and Alexander Skvortsov, who were launching nanosatellites into space."

edit on 19-8-2014 by Shaded27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Now we finally have the answer for Abductees.

It's those pesky plankton. I never trusted them all sneaky and small.

Got to see where this goes.

S&F

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kalunom
A very interesting find!

The news agency reported that Mr. Solovyev was uncertain “how these microscopic particles could have appeared on the surface of the space station,” adding that the organisms were not typical for Baikonur in Kazakhstan, from where the space station lifted off.

To put on my not-so-scientific hat, how do we know these microscopic particles came from earth at all? It's stated that we/they are uncertain how they got on the surface of the space station. Sure, they exist on earth so that is the likely origin...but, what if?

I say this in the mind-set of how life may have been 'seeded' on earth in the first place.

This kind of ran through my mind as well. Im of the opinion that it could be either or, understandably earth is the most obvious candidate. I would like to see some DNA sampling done on these guys. Surely that could give us a little insight to it specific origins. Maybe these plankton are indigenous to china or brazil... ect.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
...and in fact the universe is teeming with Life - and always has been.

I have always firmly believed this.

It makes much more sense than the alternative theory.
edit on 19-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Interesting that plankton has been found to be able to survive in space. I'm no expert but don't they add a significant amount of oxygen to our planet? Either way, this is great for the panspermia theory and the possibility of finding other planets with life as we know it.
edit on 19-8-2014 by captainmjp because: re wording

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

What if Earth was the the planet where all life in the universe originated? Then Earth is really the center of the Universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join