It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Who Urinated On Taliban in Video Found Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right forum but felt as though this was a touchy WOT issue with that said here is a short snippet below that will be followed by my commentary:

A Marine Corps combat veteran at the center of controversy when a video surfaced showing Marines urinating on Taliban corpses was found dead Wednesday night, according to a report in the Marine Corps Times.
Retired Cpl. Robert Richards, 28, died at his home in Jacksonville, North Carolina, according to Guy Womack, his attorney and friend. An autopsy is being conducted, Womack said, adding that the cause of death does not appear to be self-inflicted. A medical examiner will look at the mix of medication Richards was taking, he told the paper.
Richards pleaded guilty to failing to obey a lawful order and violating Article 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. He was reduced one pay grade but avoided jail or a bad-conduct discharge, and was later medically retired.
Three Marines were given nonjudicial punishments for their role in the July 2011 incident, and two Marines — Staff Sgt. Joseph W. Chamblin and Staff Sgt. Edward W. Deptola — pleaded guilty to related charges at their own courts martial.

Link

As a Former Marine myself, I cannot excuse this devil dogs actions however I can completely understand why he did it, he explains it best when he says "over there I am not Joe the Family Man."
I posted this because I find it odd he just died and the article does not say why other then they are checking what his meds where, I did not know before either that Marine Corps Commandant General Amos was being looked at during the matter either which is also highlighted. Rest in Peace my Fellow Belleau Woodsman!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Not a marine but as a service member I am glad you brought this up so I can follow it, if any more info is ever released.

but yea... as a normal non-combat citizen... I don't understand it... but knowing how stressful (just from reading and talking to a few friends that are combat vets... yea I realize its worse by like a factor of 5) I cant bring myself to blame them or accuse them of any wrongdoing... in a perfect world him and his mates would have never been there.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Over there its a double sword non retaliation is a sign of weakness while over here its unethical hard to win hearts and minds when your the guy on the ground trying to survive. Thank You for your service!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Already posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I searched ATS for the actual news article didn't find anything, makes things hard to find when titles are so drastically different.
edit on 19-8-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I expect that the Taliban who he pissed on would have done a lot worse to a dead marines body if given half the chance, he shoulda took a number 2 on him

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
Yep been there ,done that.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Is this not proof that humanity truly is psychotic.

(post by NoCorruptionAllowed removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Look what the turbans are doing to women and children over east right now, it is much worse than what the marine did. The Islamic world is a world of cowardly vermin with their false prophet leading them to murder and rape their own.
Turbans? You mean Sikhs?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

Look what the turbans are doing to women and children over east right now, it is much worse than what the marine did. The Islamic world is a world of cowardly vermin with their false prophet leading them to murder and rape their own.
Turbans? You mean Sikhs?

Like no one learned when those Sikhs in the US were attacked mistakenly as Muslims. At least he's edited it out as Camel Jockeys. I'm surprised he doesn't mind that Camel Jockeys are wiping each other out, what with the place being full of vermin and all.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

May god grant him rest, his error did not deserve his life and in that situation who can really say how we might have acted, battle stress and pent up anger at lost comrade's fighting men who kill without remorse and act like animal's to defenceless woman.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

we do cruel things to each other, sometimes I think the only thing that really seperates us from animals is that we don't eat each other (normally/yet) using camel jockey isn't a term I would use though.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

we do cruel things to each other, sometimes I think the only thing that really seperates us from animals is that we don't eat each other (normally/yet) using camel jockey isn't a term I would use though.

I forgot how politically correct people get when referring to Muslims, and how anything at all is considered racist. It was meant as the same as calling Americans a Yankee, or a Canadian a Canuck.. No body minds that and no one has ever called it racist, (because it isn't), but if you mention a nickname of any kind about certain people or Muslims, then I guess people abuse their mod powers and issue warnings, but only when they know that my political opinions differs from their own, like the guy that did that to me, does. He's targeted me before.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

No one called you a racist, you took that mantle on yourself.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

No, that is why my post was removed and I was warned. in the warning it was quite clear.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

No, that is why my post was removed and I was warned. in the warning it was quite clear.

Your post was pure baiting.. either that or hate. It was attacking some member's religion as false and using more than one clear pejorative to describe the people of a whole region (whether you have the nuts to admit that or not, and no i did not report you, taking the piss out of you was plenty imo).

Now, a lot of us have engaged in various shade of that in some way/direction or another. Thing is most of us don't bleat about it or cry foul like you did when we get caught or called out on it, we just take it on the chin and move on.

I'd offer you a hug, but you'd just see through it as my suggestion that you are in fact a bit of a cry baby.

And i'm sorry that the nasty man targeted you for not knowing the rather massive difference between a Sikh and a Muslim, but some folks like to challenge ignorance here. Show me on the doll where he hurt you

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I'd offer you a hug, but you'd just see through it as my suggestion that you are in fact a bit of a cry baby. And i'm sorry that the nasty man targeted you for not knowing the rather massive difference between a Sikh and a Muslim, but some folks like to challenge ignorance here. Show me on the doll where he hurt you

was that really necessary....do you just like to stir the pot ?

there is a time and place to take the piss but this isn't it ....military men and women deserve respect ...they see and hear stuff the rest of us watch in movies for entertainment

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You know what, you may be right and yeps, i do like to stir the pot sometimes and i'll make no apology for that.

He made a multilayered hateful post and blubbed when called out on it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Lol, everything you said to me doesn't reflect on me, nor is any of it accurate as to what my views are. And you mentioned that I was baiting? look in the mirror lately?
My main point earlier was how Islamic folks are currently murdering everyone and anyone they oppose, (They oppose anyone and almost everyone not like them)
Starting with women and children first. (Hey that is a religion to be proud of! (If you are a pal of satan' that is).

They enjoy putting those they have cut the heads off of on pikes, or just holding up the head and smiling in front of the video camera like that young recruit the other day. That is NOT a religion, it is only a CULT

You also claim Islam, Muslims are a religion? lol..
After shattering the myth of argumentum ad numerum, let us put Islam under scrutiny and see whether it is a religion or a cult.

The following is a description of what cult is:
1.A cult is a religious group with extreme beliefs and practices - beliefs that are often contrary to science and logic but they are believed as "obvious" truth by the cult members.
2.The members of cults often isolate themselves from friends, family and society and use deceptive and unethical recruiting techniques
3.Use manipulative methods to control the minds of followers
4.Venerate a human leader or leaders
5.Recruiting work is performed by all of the members
6.People are not allowed to criticize the leader, the doctrine, or the organization, or read information that is critical of the cult.
7.Members are trained to reject and disbelieve criticism of the cult as lies from Satan.
8.Members spy on one another and report improper activities or comments to leaders.
9.Members are taught to suppress anything which might reflect negatively to outsiders about the cult.
10.The doctrine is absolutist and the ideology is internalized as "the Truth."
11.Members are told to avoid contact with ex-members or critics, even their relatives.
12.Members are instilled with a deep fear about ever leaving the organization, and anyone who does depart is of the devil and sometimes severely punished.
13.Members are emotional controlled and warned of being caught and punished.
14.Disciplinary action is administered by group leaders, which may involve excommunication for such things as questioning organization policy or doctrine.
15.People are encouraged to sacrifice education, career and family interests to server the interests of the cult.
16.Advocate socializing only with other members in the organization and avoiding outsiders.
17.The belief in apocalypse and Dooms Day.

But don't let facts get in your way of defending these murderers of women and children.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join