It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New WOW signal in Puerto Rico?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Thank you for that been looking for that kind of information but never found anything will check it out right now

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You, yes you, stand still laddy

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Is anybody out there?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

It's a loop of the object and sound. There's the original and then it has been slowed down two times.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
a reply to: Tardacus

It's a loop of the object and sound. There's the original and then it has been slowed down two times.

Sorry but that sound sounds like someone using a program like GarageBand to play a very simple tone one octave below the last one.

Nothing deep or significant about that. There's nothing encoded there.
edit on 19-8-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Really small speakers
To close to the mic
Squeeky pitched sound

FAAAAAAAKE

oh btw...
Check my sig, i know what im talking about
edit on 2014/8/19 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It just seems odd that you could get the aliens to flash by, but god forbid they stick around and say thanks for the message...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ross 54
We probably have been teaching human languages to any nearby extraterrestrial civilizations which care to take the trouble to pay attention to our television broadcasts. These broadcasts continue out into space, and with sufficient technology can be properly received at stellar distances.

Jadestar said:

What they seem to be doing is asking for ham radio operators to broadcast their messages into space. Few ham radio operators would have any transmitter powerful enough to reach the Moon much less interstellar space.

I do so hope y'all see the logical break here...

Ham radio operators, radio / television stations, government spacecraft (some have left the solar system) all employ the exact same technology to "broadcast" data...RADIO!

So...IF a HAM radio hasn't enough power to reach the moon...how is it that rovers on Mars, probes in "deep space", planetary probes have the power to reach the Earth?

The reality...Radio / television can only transmit with up to 100KW, your Ham dude up to 5 - 10KW, and all vehicles with less than 100W. none of these devices is limited as to its range. AND, it's all n the receiver anyway...

But, in the end; it is only a funny little contradiction, and misunderstanding of the technology.

By the way; IF aliens showed up for this experiment...they were very close by (inside solar system).

edit on 20-8-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Moon bounce ( EME, earth moon earth) is sometime performed by ham. i did it a couple of times and it's funny.
It takes at least 120 watts on the vhf-uhf band and a very high gain antenna ( 20 + db)
Just to let you know

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Maybe they could get the aliens to narrow down the time of their appearance a little. This is like waiting for the cable guy to show up.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NephraTari

Ah, well.

This originates from the same guy that sells "wishing machines". Check out his site www.areciboproject.com; scroll all the way down to find a video in which he advertises them.

He misuses the name of the trustworthy Arecibo observatory (whose web site is www.naic.edu... and of course does not feature any of this) to make it all sound 'scientifically' and 'trustworthy'. He also misuses the works of George de la Warr who pioneered the field of "radionics". George certainly would have rejected the idea of selling his devices as 'wishing machines' - he had trouble enough convincing anybody his devices work for diagnosis of diseases.

So, don't get your hopes up folks, this guy is a buffoon.
edit on 20-8-2014 by ForteanOrg because: the link url came out all wrong..

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I a reply to: Vasa Croe
I have to say that it's just another brick in the wall.
LOL

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This guy ? www.youtube.com...
Hahahaha

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I have always known that we are not alone. My own research and experiences helped me realize that the truth really is "out there". For skeptics, ah gee guys, try, just for a while to be in the moment, the WOW moment, and let your mind entertain the possibility that "they" exist. Anyway, just about everybody loves a good mystery. There is just so much we don't know relevant to our own neighborhood and the Cosmos in general. We don't really know everything there is to know about the depths of our own oceans yet, how can we not at least sorta/kinda look up at the heavens with wonder and let our minds wander and wonder...can it be? Relish the WOW moment for just a little while. "Believing", even for just a little while can open up whole new vistas for us, new ways of thinking and viewing the Universe and maybe even cause us to wonder about our own part relevant to it all. The vastness of space...all that space going to waste for nothing? Maybe, just maybe, there is "someone" out there. Hopefully, a species that will contribute to mankind...I know, that joke about "them" serving us for dinner and not being of service to us.
Well, let us think positive and keep looking up. There is an awful lot to see out there.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal
For skeptics, ah gee guys, try, just for a while to be in the moment, the WOW moment, and let your mind entertain the possibility that "they" exist.

The common man has always failed to grasp the importance of scientific research on the topic and the role science had in stimulating the acceptance of the idea that we are not alone. Joe Sixpack had - and often has - no mersey on anybody that believes in ET life and ridiculed anybody that did.

But it were the 'skeptics' - scientists - that led us to the conclusion "we are not alone". Harvard physicist and SETI leader Paul Horowitz stated in a 1996 interview with TIME Magazine, "Intelligent life in the universe? Guaranteed. Intelligent life in our galaxy? So overwhelmingly likely that I'd give you almost any odds you'd like."

Hopefully, a species that will contribute to mankind...I know, that joke about "them" serving us for dinner and not being of service to us.
Well, let us think positive and keep looking up. There is an awful lot to see out there.

There is a universal pattern in life on Earth: it is both harmful and benevolent to other species. The lion eats the antelope - but if satisfied sleeps between them and leaves them undisturbed. Flies spread diseases - but are also responsible for the fine taste of red wine. Humans routinely kill other species - we have mills that slaughter 1000 chickens each hour - yet see themselves as the ethical example for other species. If we study the 'outworldly' species, we discover that they are the same: they are capable of horrible crimes - which they don't see as such - but are also capable of love, care and high ethical standards, at least amongst each other and in some cases towards us.

We tend to live in a fabricated world, in which we see things as 'good' or 'bad'. In reality things aren't really good or bad at all: it's always a mix. Even the most ethical human being kills routinely, simply by being. The slaughter that goes on under his feet when he walks through the grass, the slaughter that goes on inside his body, in which bacteria are devoured by blood cells, the slaughter that he accepts to have been done in his name on cows, pigs, poultry and fish.

See, we human beings are in contempt of each other just because of our skin colour - and we have been living here for millions of years but still can't kick the habit. So don't be surprised if aliens hold us in contempt because we are not them. Sometimes ETs will eat us. But also help us if it is in their best interest. They are like us: not better, not worse.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hi all,

Stop with your fake photos and videos.

Do you think that a multi-dimensional beings or technology can be recorded with a simple camera cm on

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If this is real, somebody needs to break into the TV station channels and send this out!!!

It really grinds my gears why people are still discussing the possibilities of EBEs/ETs existence. Its beyond a really sad joke.
edit on 21-8-2014 by D0M1N0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ha ha ha, err, yea, why not?
a reply to: sonnyblack

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

OK, so a webcam microphone is the same as a large scale, calibrated, astronomical instrument which was known to have frequency selectivity and pointed into deep space.

And oh yeah, sound doesn't propagate in space.

Um.
edit on 21-8-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

So you're saying they called this UFO like it was a taxi, and it came by, sent a signal of "Hello", and then zoomed off?

The proof is in the pudding (and by pudding, I mean....I don't know what I mean).

Lol

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join