It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New WOW signal in Puerto Rico?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It seems that on the anniversary of the original wow signal some researchers were transmitting messages asking for contact. Did they get it?
mysteriousuniverse.org...

Josh says: “An independent group of researchers in Puerto Rico believe they possibly made contact with ‘beings from elsewhere’ last Friday, August 15, 2014, 37th anniversary of the mysterious ‘WOW! Signal’ captured by SETI.” The “Arecibo Project,” led by Joshua P. Warren, Director of the Bermuda Triangle Research Base, spent the day transmitting radio messages into outer space from Arecibo, Lajas, and other parts of the island, asking ET to appear around certain GPS coordinates as a live webcam streamed footage of the general location. A variety of anomalies were captured on camera, including a “saucer-shaped object” that appeared and which then shot straight up into the sky, accompanied by a strange, high-pitched tone. Warren’s team compared that tone to the famed WOW! Signal, and say it is so similar they think the UFO possibly sent this signal to them as a sign of successful communication. “We believe the UFO may have sent us the same type of signal that came from space, and was recorded by SETI, 37 years ago,” says Josh. He adds: “This was a complete surprise. Though it was picked up via a webcam microphone, and not a broad dish like SETI had, our analysis thus far has shown it is essentially a demodulated signal from the WOW! transmission turned into audio.”

We will be discussing this tonight On Into the Fringe on ATS Live Radio. Tune in and Call in to discuss this interesting story with us.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
WOW....sorry had to.

That is really cool! Will keep an eye on this one.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NephraTari

So you're saying they called this UFO like it was a taxi, and it came by, sent a signal of "Hello", and then zoomed off?

The proof is in the pudding (and by pudding, I mean....I don't know what I mean).

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

So you're saying they called this UFO like it was a taxi, and it came by, sent a signal of "Hello", and then zoomed off?

The proof is in the pudding (and by pudding, I mean....I don't know what I mean).

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So, let's say it's real.

The question then becomes. Why would they communicate in such a way as to be unintelligible by us?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
So, let's say it's real.

The question then becomes. Why would they communicate in such a way as to be unintelligible by us?

Maybe they don't know it's unintelligible. That or maybe it was just the sound the UFO made as it sped away and not a communication at all.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Video of an object...

High pitched tone... (turn down the volume)

Linky
edit on 19-8-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: link added

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I will be following this with interest. It was just yesterday I was reading a posted about the 40 year anniversary of the "wow" signal and nothing like it since, had been heard. Maybe wow-2?!!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Wow. That's a big bug.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There`s something odd about that first video,watch the tree in the bottom left corner,that video looks like it has been edited.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

This one's 7 hours for anyone with the patience.

Greetings, Our Visitors from Afar, I am George Noory, host of Coast to Coast AM, and friendly ambassador for millions of Earth beings.

On this date, in Earth time, on August 15, 1977, you attempted to send a message to us. We are now proud to acknowledge that message and respond. I represent those who want to rise above the challenges of our civilizations and enjoy the cosmos in mutual exploration. I speak on behalf of Earth beings who believe the time has come for our people to connect with your people in order to learn and live in harmony.
As a sign of your cooperation, to share this date as the birth of a new era of tranquil contact, I humbly and sincerely ask you to appear today, to our people, in the skies, around the GPS coordinates: North 18 degrees, 1 minute and 385 seconds and West 67 degrees, 10 minutes and 454 seconds.
We also ask you to increase your communication and enlightenment with all in the coming days. In peace, harmony, and goodwill for all, thank you.
www.areciboproject.com...

What self respecting ET could resist an invitation from George Noory

edit on 19-8-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
This one's 7 hours for anyone with the patience.

It's like modern art. Pictures of clouds with rain and birds and bugs and hours of that metallic whining and other noise.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Good eyes! The "bug" appears when the branch of the tree is withdrawn from the frame, and it disappears when the branch returns into the frame.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Its even harder when your just another brick in the wall.

Cool post..

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NephraTari
It seems that on the anniversary of the original wow signal some researchers were transmitting messages asking for contact. Did they get it?
mysteriousuniverse.org...

Josh says: “An independent group of researchers in Puerto Rico believe they possibly made contact with ‘beings from elsewhere’ last Friday, August 15, 2014, 37th anniversary of the mysterious ‘WOW! Signal’ captured by SETI.” The “Arecibo Project,” led by Joshua P. Warren, Director of the Bermuda Triangle Research Base, spent the day transmitting radio messages into outer space from Arecibo, Lajas, and other parts of the island, asking ET to appear around certain GPS coordinates as a live webcam streamed footage of the general location. A variety of anomalies were captured on camera, including a “saucer-shaped object” that appeared and which then shot straight up into the sky, accompanied by a strange, high-pitched tone. Warren’s team compared that tone to the famed WOW! Signal, and say it is so similar they think the UFO possibly sent this signal to them as a sign of successful communication. “We believe the UFO may have sent us the same type of signal that came from space, and was recorded by SETI, 37 years ago,” says Josh. He adds: “This was a complete surprise. Though it was picked up via a webcam microphone, and not a broad dish like SETI had, our analysis thus far has shown it is essentially a demodulated signal from the WOW! transmission turned into audio.”

We will be discussing this tonight On Into the Fringe on ATS Live Radio. Tune in and Call in to discuss this interesting story with us.

1. The Wow! signal was a signal received by SETI at Ohio State university.

2. It was not unique, there have been other such signals since then.

See two of my previous threads -ATS: SETI Candidate Signals List and even more interesting than the original Wow! signal in my opinion:The New "Wow!" Signal - SETI's Recent Close Encounter With An Unidentified Emission

3. These people are not actually using Arecibo Observatory's planetary radar to broadcast their message. Nor was the original Wow signal picked up there.

What they seem to be doing is asking for ham radio operators to broadcast their messages into space. Few ham radio operators would have any transmitter powerful enough to reach the Moon much less interstellar space.

4. It seems like Joshua P. Warren is doing the whole SETI experiment a disservice by associating it once again with UFOs. Why, I don't know. It doesn't benefit either really. There are constructive things which could bridge the two worlds (Dr. Peter Sturrock advocated a dialog between the UFO and SETI crowds) but Warren seems to be going for sensationalism over substance by misinterpreting a photo of a bug or bird as response to some amateur radio guys transmitting a "message" to would-be aliens....

If you'd like I'd be happy to come on your show to discuss this and clear up any confusion.
edit on 19-8-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

You (JadeStar) would be a great guest for this show or for any others regarding space in any form (even nil-space).

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I still find it funny we think we can communicate with them this is not star trek we don't have universal translators. Hell we can't even understand a bunch of languages from this planet how we going to decipher one from another solar system. They could talk like old languages that use clicks. Not like et is going to land hear and speak English or any of our languages like on TV

It would be believable if we could talk to any monkey or ape we know Apes have there own language because we teach them sign language and then can communicate but how will we do this with aliens. For all we know that noise was them beaming use the knowledge of the galaxy but we don't have the tech to understand

edit on 19-8-2014 by cloudsstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

You (JadeStar) would be a great guest for this show or for any others regarding space in any form (even nil-space).

Thanks
BTW: I might be on another ATS show soon.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloudsstar
I still find it funny we think we can communicate with them this is not star trek we don't have universal translators. Hell we can't even understand a bunch of languages from this planet how we going to decipher one from another solar system.

Again, all SETI is looking for is artificiality. Not necessarily communications.

That said, scientists at the SETI institute have been at the forefront of work in Dolphin and other inter-species communication research:

They could talk like old languages that use clicks.

And those clicks can be interpreted through the use of information theory. It wouldn't be easy and would take a lot of computing power but it could possibly be done.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloudsstar
I still find it funny we think we can communicate with them this is not star trek we don't have universal translators. Hell we can't even understand a bunch of languages from this planet how we going to decipher one from another solar system. They could talk like old languages that use clicks. Not like et is going to land hear and speak English or any of our languages like on TV

It would be believable if we could talk to any monkey or ape we know Apes have there own language because we teach them sign language and then can communicate but how will we do this with aliens. For all we know that noise was them beaming use the knowledge of the galaxy but we don't have the tech to understand

We probably have been teaching human languages to any nearby extraterrestrial civilizations which care to take the trouble to pay attention to our television broadcasts. These broadcasts continue out into space, and with sufficient technology can be properly received at stellar distances.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join