It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Barbaric’ sexual violence perpetrated by Islamic State militants in Iraq – UN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

I'm sorry James, but I am positive i am incapable of this kind of behavior,

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Because you were brought up in the manner you were. How can you possibly know what you would be capable of it you were brought to the ME as a baby and raised in the middle of the mountains?

The experiences and things you've gone through make you who you are. Until you've gone through those other experiences it's impossible to say you aren't capable. You have a body capable of it, the only thing stopping you is your current life outlook, experiences, etc. Where did you get your current outlook? From your current experiences. You weren't born with a mantra on life, you developed it, based on your environment.

If there was something deeply ingrained in humans that made this behavior impossible we wouldn't see it repeating over and over throughout history, look at the IRA for example. Look at chechen terrorists and russia.

Anytime you force suffering and humiliation on a population, eventually that population will produce these types of people. There is not a single example in history EVER of this NOT being the case.

I don't mean YOU specifically, I mean YOU as in "average person" ALL populations will produce these types of made to suffer is what I meant, not that all individuals will do these things.

Fighting these people will do nothing because they are just products not causes of the real issue. And that issue is broke down, desperate, angry populations.

Scary to consider that the US population is getting increasingly broke down, humiliated, and angry. And people wonder why there are so many psychopathic acts being perpetrated these days?
edit on 19-8-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Sick animals!

Even sick animals are way better than these diabolically deviant monsters.

Here's one example where war is not only acceptable but a duty, there's no place for ISIS on this planet.
edit on 19-8-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
From the beginning of religion its been used as a reason to hate and kill.

Such loving religious communities.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
One of the pretext to go to war in Afghanistan was how the Taliban were treating women..... A whole coalition !
Please tell me what are they waiting for to get rid of IS ? The Taliban also have their bizarre deviance with those "dancing boys", and they treat women with no dignity, but now common... words can't express how ISIS is infinitely worst.

The whole world's military should not waste time and exterminate these cockroaches.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
From the beginning of religion its been used as a reason to hate and kill.

Such loving religious communities.

ISIS is only using religion as a excuse, not a reason.

It is a power grab, as usual. People go to war for one thing. Resources. But they use religion to control the mindless idiots to further their cause. Same can be said about race or political ideology.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

take this into consideration, James

posted on another topic where journalist has just been beheaded
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The executioner has an East London / Pakistani accent by all accounts, I refuse to watch the video - I've just been reading comments on reddit and such, who have analysed the video.

Also some of the comments are saying they have THREE more hostages, not just one.

twitter.com...

@ShivAroor @JoshBlockDC Foley's ISIS beheader is most likely an East London Pakistani immigrant in UK, judging by his accent.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Excellent question. I know Bush might seem to be a it off-topic, but consider. He went to Congress which gave him whole hearted support for his attacks, he addressed the UN on the subject before he took action, and he built a true international coalition, all with the goal of fighting terrorists and terrorist groups and evil leaders. Perhaps just as important, he actually met many of his goals.

We haven't seen any of that with our current president. I can't recall that he's taken any significant action against terrorist groups, but he has opened the door for some to occupy countries. Killing Gadaffi is looking like a large mistake. There was no real international approval in the world or in the US. He continued with air strikes in attampt to pacify Afghanistan. Yet more air strikes on ISIL, just not enough to really hurt them.

There has always been a group that, at one time or another, has stood out as evil animals. The US used to go after them. We got two things from that, a relatively stable globe, and a reputation as being the global police.

There are many who say we should only use our military in our own country. Fine, then let ISIS do what it wants. When they behead another American, all we should say is, "Fine with us. We saved money by not using our troops."

The current president has no interest in destroying ISIS. He has an interest in appearing tough, now that we're coming up to elections.

Under this plan there will be more and more hideous groups all around the world, while we try to keep up welfare payments. That's a very dishonorable way for a nation to die.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
We're agreeing. You say mindless idiots, I say people should think for themselves.

An individual is smart, people are stupid. Its due to group think. I have to admit that in this situation there is also fear.

a reply to: TDawgRex

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

These monsters must be scourged from the face of the earth, if we had the same lack of morality and compassion to our fellow human's as they obviously do they would already have been wiped from the face of the earth.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
So they stone and hang gays but then rape teenage boys? Yeh there's logic for you

Just hurry up and bomb these sick f**ks to hell

Not the US, no way, absolutely not. The US will not be made to look like heroes but rather terrorists in their own right when pictures of the women and children who the demonic Islamic State IS men always put in the path of their enemies to protect their cowardly selves. It would only incite further hatred of infidels and the great satan, as the Islamic State IS like to call the people of the US.

Petition Saudi Arabia to bomb the sick ...... and tell the US to stop being mercenaries for oil and lackeys for the Muslim governments who are too cowardly to protect their own and defend the besmirching of Allah and Muhammad.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

edit on 7Tue, 19 Aug 2014 19:04:31 -0500pm81908pmk192 by grandmakdw because: accidental double post

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Because you were brought up in the manner you were. How can you possibly know what you would be capable of it you were brought to the ME as a baby and raised in the middle of the mountains?

The experiences and things you've gone through make you who you are. Until you've gone through those other experiences it's impossible to say you aren't capable. You have a body capable of it, the only thing stopping you is your current life outlook, experiences, etc. Where did you get your current outlook? From your current experiences. You weren't born with a mantra on life, you developed it, based on your environment.

If there was something deeply ingrained in humans that made this behavior impossible we wouldn't see it repeating over and over throughout history, look at the IRA for example. Look at chechen terrorists and russia.

Anytime you force suffering and humiliation on a population, eventually that population will produce these types of people. There is not a single example in history EVER of this NOT being the case.

I don't mean YOU specifically, I mean YOU as in "average person" ALL populations will produce these types of made to suffer is what I meant, not that all individuals will do these things.

Fighting these people will do nothing because they are just products not causes of the real issue. And that issue is broke down, desperate, angry populations.

Scary to consider that the US population is getting increasingly broke down, humiliated, and angry. And people wonder why there are so many psychopathic acts being perpetrated these days?

I agree somewhat.

However, there are many many people who live under these circumstances who don't turn into monsters like ISIS has.

We can not, can never, excuse monstrous behavior because of the way "people were raised"
That is never an excuse.

I know personally of one young black man who grew up in a family of six in an awful ghetto neighborhood, who has grown up to be a kind compassionate and fantastic Doctor, who got top marks in medical school. He proves that no one has any excuse for bad behavior just because they grew up poor, in a poor environment, etc. His character, his grace, his compassion is not a fluke, it is the way we should expect people to be. When you expect the worst, you get it, (Ferguson)

Once we say that is a legitimate excuse we get the kind of monsters found in the Islamic State IS.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

Sick animals!

Here's one example where war is not only acceptable but a duty, there's no place for ISIS on this planet.

But NOT the duty of the US, or western governments, the infidels.

It is the duty of the Islamic population, the Muslims themselves to clean up their cesspool. They have relied on the western countries too much (as mercenaries I suspect) to do what they themselves don't have the guts to do, and it has made matters much much worse.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

One of the pretext to go to war in Afghanistan was how the Taliban were treating women..... A whole coalition !
Please tell me what are they waiting for to get rid of IS ? The Taliban also have their bizarre deviance with those "dancing boys", and they treat women with no dignity, but now common... words can't express how ISIS is infinitely worst.

The whole world's military should not waste time and exterminate these cockroaches.

I agree to some extent, the entire Muslim world's military and people are the ones who should not waste time and exterminate these cockroaches.

Not the mercenaries that have been used by the Muslim world who have made matters worse (the US and western militaries)

edit on 7Tue, 19 Aug 2014 19:16:22 -0500pm81908pmk192 by grandmakdw because: spellling

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
"‘Barbaric’ sexual violence perpetrated by Islamic State militants in Iraq – UN"

Are there NON-barbaric acts of sexual violence?

All joking aside, calling those people animals is insulting to animals. I say obliterate them all.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Sick animals!

And yet they seemingly get a free ride to do as they please....

I am more concerned with that fact to be honest, and so should you all be.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Surprised at the reaction here.

Islam, the 'religion of peace' sanctions decapitation, rape for all those who are Kafirs (Infidels) and absolves people who commit such crime of all their sins. It says so in the Koran.

This interpretation can also be extended to include Yazidi, Turkomen, Shabak or Mahdis, ethno religions, who though have elements from both Islam, Sufism and Christianity, are 'lesser' Muslims than the proponents of ISIS, leave aside Christians or other minorities.

Just to give an example, Mahdis are Muslims who believe in a prophet after Muhammed and are therefore shunned victimized and prosecuted in all the Muslim nations. Hell, you have a divide between Shias and Sunnis too, the main Islamic groups.

Barbaric? From a Western civilized, idealistic, right to human dignity, and the religion of humankind yes....

but from their mindset? Hey, no sin, we get to satisfy our lust here and if the US comes and bombs us, we go the heaven and get 72 virgins!!! (Qur'anic text which describe a sensual Paradise where believing men are rewarded by being wed to virgins with "full grown", "swelling" or "pears-shaped" breasts. Conversly, women will be provided with only one man, and they "will be satisfied with him")

Yay!! Talk about a win win!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Who is humiliating & forcing people to suffer??

These 'Extremist' Fools are. Not me or anyone I know.

They ARE Evil and they are not Human. At least not the type of Human I know.

They are demented Barbarian Idiots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join