It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China in America? A fast track to U.S. Citizenship. Is this happening in your town also?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Forgive me if there is a better forum to post this. I wasn't sure if this qualified as a government thing or what. I had to bring this to your attention and hope you can offer some insight as to what you think may be happening.

In the local news was an article about a Chinese Investment company pumping in millions of dollars into the town I live in to build a city center, complete with an international trade center. Why would the Chinese want to build a government office center in Port St Lucie? It made no sense.

Here is the link:

www.cbs12.com...

So I did some research and discovered that the Chinese have covertly planned to overtake a small town in upstate New York (Thompson), which will be like "China in America". This town will be full-fledged Chinese right down to government operations and will also be a 'hub' for Chinese immigrants to gain easy access to the USA.

Here is the link:

www.washingtonpost.com... .html

There are multiple articles on both of these but I gave you just a couple to look at. What is happening?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
As long as they are legal immigrants that pay taxes and come here to work I have no problem with it. I only have a problem with criminal illegal immigrants sneaking into the US or using the anchor baby system to feed off of our social services and steal our tax money. Legal immigrants will never be a problem. When you come from China legally you bring money with you or have a job waiting for you here. You pay into the system. You aren't allowed to be a parasite.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have no issues with legal immigrants either. I just found it odd that the Chinese are investing so heavily into properties and building a Chinese run city here with the intent to expedite mass citizenship. I'd think it odd if any country did this and we allowed a couple towns to be overtaken by another country for the purpose of building a city. I think it's bizarre.
edit on 08/11/2014 by quirkygirl because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: quirkygirl
When the NWO kicks in and we have a world government places like this won`t seem odd, every country will have places like this populated by people from their respective countries.,..or not.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Nothing new, this has been going on for ages under one guise or another. Look up "economic citizenship," we've been selling a fast track to US citizenry for foreigners who have the $$$ to buy into the program. Last time I checked it went for 500K and the promise to employ 10 people, and you got yourself a citizenship card. Nice to know any foreign sleaze bucket with a wad of cash can become a voting citizen of our republic, eh?

As far as the Chinese 'economic zones' those have been in the works for too long, same idea as above only extended to China's party officials. I hate to say "China," because China is controlled by a very exclusive interrelated group of high-ranking party officials. They're also creating these economic zones in Africa as well.

Does China Plan To Establish “China Cities” And “Special Economic Zones” All Over America? (2013)
China to Build Cities and Economic Zones in Michigan and Idaho (2012)
China Wants 'Economic Zones' in the US (2011)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I don't blame them. I have a chinese co-worker/friend that is here on a work visa and has been waiting 10 years for his green card. Poor guy is a phd in computer science in China with business management experience (he owned and operated his own company for awhile) with extensive IT experience (he's my mentor as well) and many certifications. Microsoft has offered to hire him on the spot (I've seen the request) if he had a green card with a 100k salary. But because he doesn't have the green card, he has to work at our crappy company making 45k a year.

If I were the Chinese people and saw many of my fellow countrymen hit these same roadblocks as my coworker, I'd do the same thing. It's not right that this guy has to wait a decade+ for a green card for him (and his family except his son who was born here, but his daughter wasn't). Meanwhile a bunch of Central Americans cross the border illegally and get put in the fast lane to citizenship.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
China is buying property all over the world, at an exceedingly fast rate. They have more money than they know what to do with.

a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Having money and being willing to employ people makes you a sleazebag? I don't quite undestand that one.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
it has already happened in other areas
seems they are the only ones with $ to invest
craxy
why arent they making heavy investment in their local infrastructure

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

They are. Haven't you heard about the Chinese ghost cities popping up all over China? I mean it would help if they'd make the apartments and condos in the cities affordable for more than just the rich people, but hey what are you going to do?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I'm from Port St. Lucie, now living in Palm Beach County. With that said, I can't imagine that whatever the Chinese have planned could possibly make PSL any worse than it already is. They're just putting different lipstick on the same pig.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
America, the only thing "American" on the "Homeland" is the chinese food.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpintology
As long as they are legal immigrants that pay taxes and come here to work I have no problem with it. I only have a problem with criminal illegal immigrants sneaking into the US or using the anchor baby system to feed off of our social services and steal our tax money. Legal immigrants will never be a problem. When you come from China legally you bring money with you or have a job waiting for you here. You pay into the system. You aren't allowed to be a parasite.

If it is not regulated it could be an issue in the States, I think. Why do a lot of people not want to move to China? It is overpopulated and it is poor quality of life, all around if you consider the air quality. The US isn't that much better in some places and a huge influx of immigrants is not going to make matters any better. They might bring money but is it going to help at this point? US infrastructure is rotting. How many bridges are there in the populated areas of the US? Because most of them are old and in need of replacement. They were mostly built during the same era and they are going to become due at the same time. There is no time to wait for enough "trickle down" tax money from immigrants to fix any of that. There does not seem to be any stopping Mexico from spreading into the US, I worry that there is simply not enough safe capacity to handle China too.

Most of them should come to Canada, We have the room and newer infrastructure. Why waist good foreign investment trying to beat a dead horse. No offense America. We're cool

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The US needs to bring back the "Chinese Exclusion Act" from early in the 20th century. We have enough immigrants here.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Having money and being willing to employ people makes you a sleazebag? I don't quite undestand that one.

That's not what I said. I said any sleazebag could buy his way into this country via economic citizenship.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Ive got one better. Get a tourist visa to visit America while pregnant and almost ready to deliver. That baby born while parents are visiting...being born in Amerca....is now a US citizen.

Parents then apply (and get usually) resident status because the child is an American. Maybe they could get one before that? That happens all the time.....

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
FIRST WAVE

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Why would the Chinese want to build a government office center in Port St Lucie?

I'm sorry, but I didn't see the above mentioned in the article.
Now from your article I did see where the city would benefit greatly if they can keep this invester
interested and not be to pushy,,, Chinese don't like Pushy People,,, we set a time line / goal
and work our way to it.
The benefit I'll post here from your article:

Estimated Annual Economic Impact "International Trade Center":

Creation of-more than 2,650 full time jobs
Estimated annual earnings (payroll) of $102,000,000
Estimated annual payroll of $102,000,000
Impact in local economy $452,000,000
Annual Revenue for Port St. Lucie Utilities estimated at $2,393,000 dollars
A Taxable value of more than $200,000,000
Annual increase in CRA Taxes of over $500,000
Relieving the City of more than $25,000,000 of debt
Relieving the City of more than $1,800,000 annual in tax obligations.

Link
I found another article about this and it may help explain why this Chinese investor is welling
to invest in Port St Lucie and it would tie nicely into another thread I was in about the Chinese Government looking to have America Arrest What they want to call Criminals for taking money out of China's Economy and investing Over Seas like when The Rich Hide Money in Over Seas accounts to avoid paying taxes.
So she say what I've said in the past, there is a new wealthy class of Chinese and a new Chinese middle class that need to invest!

She said within the last 15 years China has had a lot of “high-speed” development, which has made a lot of Chinese people wealthy and interested in investing their money in the United States.

She said the project would create about 5,000 local jobs and a total of about 15,000 directly and indirectly across South Florida.

Chinese Firm
The same thing!
Here it is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Continued and next post.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Continued,,,,
Now this is what is taking so long for miss, Lily Zhong to get back with the good people of the city.
Here is a copy of the letter she sent to them.

u.s. EB5 Investments, LLC
www.USEBSlnvestments.com
u.s. Office: China
Office:
1620 W Oakland Park Blvd, Suite 400
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33311
Guangqu Road #36, Block B, Room 1004
Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100010
Direct: +001-561-994-2189
Pam Booker, Esq. City of Port St. Lucie
Interim City Attorney
121 S.W. Port St. Lucie Blvd
Port St. Lucie, Florida 34984-5099
June 6, 2014
RE: City Center - "International Trade Center"
Dear Ms. Booker:
Direct: +0086-10-
RECEIVED .11 f~1 n R 2014
As committed in my May 27th letter to you, please find enclosed our proposed Development
Master Plan and renderings for City Center "International Trade Center". Development of
City Center is key to the success of the City's CRA and we are pleased to present the
following Development program and information:

The Development Plan:
• Development of an "International Trade Center";
• 1,500,000 square feet of Non-residential Development;
• Non-Residential Development will include: Office, Retail, Commercial and
International Trade Center;
• A 200 room Hotel; and
• And 1,080 residential units. Economic Impact during the Construction Phase:
• Creation of more than 3,800-construction jobs;
• Estimated Direct & Indirect & Induced jobs of more than 7866 jobs;
• Estimated Construction Cost of $380,000,000 dollars;
• Estimated Construction earnings (payroll) of $279,000,000 dollars; and
• Impact in local economy $823,000,000 dollars.
• Total Impact Fees paid to the City, County and School Board $26,030,000 dollars:
o Payments to Port St. Lucie Utilities of $7,560,000 dollars in connection
charges;
o Payments to St Lucie County School board of $3,364,000 dollars;
o Payments to St Lucie County $7,681,000,000 dollars; and
o Payments to City of Port St. Lucie of $7,425,000 dollars.
Estimated Annual Economic Impact "International Trade Center":
• Creation of-more than 2,650 full time jobs;
• Estimated annual earnings (payroll) of $102,000,000 dollars;
• Estimated annual payroll of $102,000,000 dollars;
• Impact in local economy $452,000,000 dollars.
• Annual Revenue for Port St. Lucie Utilities estimated at $2,393,000 dollars;
• A Taxable value of more than $200,000,000 dollars;
• Annual increase in CRA Taxes of over $500,000 dollars;
• Relieving the City of more than $25,000,000 dollars of dept; and
• Relieving the City of more than $1,800,000 dollars annual in tax obligations.

I will be out of the County until Mid August. It is my hope that you and the City Staff will have
the opportunity to review the Development program, timelines and issues in my absence
with our Consulting Team and upon my return are in mutual agreement to the terms and
conditions of the Development Agreement modifications and payments to the City.

Our development timeline is as follows:
• Amended Development Agreement - October 2014;
• Local city Site Development Approvals - January 2015;
• First Building Permit and Construction - April 2015 · ,
Some of the Development issues that should be addressed to make the project
economically feasible are:
• Payment of back Ad-Valorm Taxes;
.!. Future tax and SAD obligations.;.
• PUD revisions to increase the Commercial Development Intensities;
• Proposed revisions to the Development Agreement;
• Development obligations of Developer;
• Completion time line for the Crosstown Parkway;
• City obligations Le.: additional parking structures; and
• Fast track of City's Development approval.

Since our acquisition in August 2013 we have developed a comprehensive business plan
and, as you can imagine, with the assessment and development burden on City Center, this
has been a challenge. However, that being said, we are in a position to move forward and
offer the following timeline, pending agreement with the City of both the financial and
development issues.
In my absence I have instructed our development team, Culpepper & Terpening, to
coordinate with your office in an effort to move forward and address the development
issues.
I look forward to meeting with you upon my return in August when I will formally present to
the City Council a mutually beneficial plan of development.

Cc: Mr. Jeff Bremer, City Manager
Mr. Daniel L. Holbrook, AICP
Mayor Faiella and City Council
Mr. Butch Terpening, Culpepper & Terpening, Inc:
~~ Lily Zhong
Managing Member
U.S. EB5 Investments, LLC
LINK
Out Of Country, Getting More Investors! Those Damn Evil Chinese,,, Coming here and Creating JOBS,Just Gota Hate'em!

edit on 20-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
A Chinese company buying up land in Idaho, near Bosie, had been talked about since 2010 or so. The Idaho Government supports the planned area mentioned.

A Chinese national company is interested in developing a 10,000- to 30,000-acre technology zone for industry, retail centers and homes south of the Boise Airport.
- Source

No updates on whether it's going to actually happen as of current.

Here is a failed factory reported in 2013,

POCATELLO, Idaho — With great fanfare, a Chinese polysilicon factory broke ground on 67 acres here in 2007. Then, as the rest of the nation tumbled into recession, the plant rose up in shimmering promise, leaving this tough-edged railroad town — blue collar and union in a sea of southeast Idaho potato farms — feeling pretty good about the future.
- Source

edit on 20-8-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

So I did some research and discovered that the Chinese have covertly planned to overtake a small town in upstate New York (Thompson), which will be like "China in America". This town will be full-fledged Chinese right down to government operations and will also be a 'hub' for Chinese immigrants to gain easy access to the USA.

Here is the link:

www.washingtonpost.com... .html

There are multiple articles on both of these but I gave you just a couple to look at. What is happening?

You're going to have to do another Google Search, Because, I've been Looking and Looking and I can'i find any of my Relatives taking over an American Town.
Yes, we have China Town, But every body knows that for Caring Out Loud!
I'd like to see your evidence of China taking control of a local city and it's Government with The People Republic of China's Form of Government.
Some of your neighbor worried my sisters may be out patrolling the streets

edit on 20-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join