It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son disappeared for 4 hours when he was three. Thoughts on what happened to him, please.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I’m posting this here because I don't know where else to post this for discussion. I've toyed with the thought of aliens, but it seems so weird, yet what else could it be.

Here is the account:
My son was visiting his father for the weekend when my son had just turned three years old. We lived in Michigan and this happened in mid November.
My ex-husband is/was a police officer at the time this happened. My ex-husband put the boys to bed around 8pm. He states he locked his home and checked on the kids around 11pm before going to bed.
At approximately 4a.m. my ex-husband received a phone call from central dispatch asking if he had his children that particular weekend, to which he responded he did. The dispatchers next question was, were both children in bed. My ex-husband stated they were and the dispatcher asked him to do a visual confirmation. Upon entering the boys’ bedroom he found that Daniel was gone. The dispatcher quickly assured him that Daniel was ok and was in their care and he could come pick him up. (she had recognized Daniel from a picture his father had at his office)
What we know:
• Daniel was found nearly 6 miles from his father’s home.
• It was cold and snowing and Daniel was dressed only in a T-shirt and diaper but was not cold.
• Daniel was found on the campus of Central Michigan University by college students, who called the police.
• Daniel only would say he was following the “green man with no face”
• Daniel was examined at the hospital and found to only have two symmetrical small holes in each ear toward the ear canal, but otherwise no marks, cuts, etc...
• Daniel was missing for approximately 4 hours, based on location.
• The house was not unlocked and the lock was a chain type lock, near the top of the door and could not be reached by Daniel or his brother, but it was not unlocked.
• There was no sign of forced entry. All doors and windows were latched.

Daniel’s father and I decided not to dwell on this nor talk about it ever again, and we didn’t. However, when my son was seventeen, he came to me with a recurring nightmare. He described exactly these events, however his description was that a voice told him that his father is not in the house and he goes to look for him, but suddenly he’s walking with a green man without a face, then no recollection at all until he’s found by the college students. When I told him this was not a nightmare but something that truly happened he got very disturbed by it and will not discuss it further.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: quirkygirl

Dont really know what to say except is does sound very strange. The circumstance does not add up and the green man sound dang spooky....

purp..

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Child gets out through opening not even considered by parents, such as dog flap in door etc.

Child is found by an adult who's concerned but doesn't want to be involved so places child in an area where it will quickly be found.

Young healthy child has very vivid imagination.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Whoa....freaky....Glad you included the fact that the doors were indeed still locked, that was my 1st thought, sleep walking, because I've got 2 sleep walkers, one of which always tried to exit the house in the middle of the night. We had to buy those high chains to keep him inside as a child...Sounds exactly what may have occurred. Abduction. Though it's never happened to myself, I don't discount it's happened to others. Too many things in this world that are just unexplainable.....I guess if he seems still upset about it, he wouldn't be willing to go under hypnosis??? Could help, but also may hurt, if he is forced to remember unpleasant memories??? S&F....cool thread to follow!! TY for posting your sons experience...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Google the green man or Charlie no face.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My son is so extremely logical. He would shudder to know I've posted this.

I never really considered the green man as an actual color, because Daniel was so young, it could be the person was wearing something green or any other hundreds of scenarios.

There was not a pet door. His father at the time was living in what we call a 'garden' apartment in Michigan. The windows are up high, like in a basement. Daniel's father is a detective, truly nothing slips past that man. His home has always been guarded like a fortress. Daniel slipping out undetected by a window or something isn't feasible simply because of the home's construction and my exes super detective-like nature.

We have considered every option, truly. It's just something so weird.

Daniel was approached for hypnosis by a professor that studied paranormal activities out of Massachusetts, this was when Daniel was 17. My son refused to go. I want answers, I just wish my son did.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

Ok, that's weird. Not sure what to think. lol

www.weirdus.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You'd love the work of David Paulides. Mr. Paulides compiles cases of disappearances that are so far unexplained. He doesn't make conclusions except that the cases are anomalous. Many of the cases he describes involves children. Mostly kids who disappear then show up miles away from where they are without a sign of traveling far.

Missing 411 are his series, there's one for the Eastern US and one for the Western US although I'm certain he's written more. Seems like experimentation of some sort, he's mentioned a case where a kid was "taken" by robotic like entities that were like people with sparks coming out of their heads. They tried to get him to leave stool samples on fly paper then got angry when he didn't.

Can your son draw or have you describe him as you draw the Green Man? The entity could be physically green, shrouded in green light, wearing green, etc.

All the best and I hope they do not come back and bother your son.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Thank you so much for this information. I will try to contact this person. I wish my son wasn't so darned analytical about everything. I can ask him to draw this for me and describe it, he may agree to it. He has said that if his brain isn't remembering it on its own, it's probably for the best.

I definitely think Daniel remembers more than he's willing to tell me.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
sounds like a classic alien abduction

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'd agree on asking him to draw the green man.

Note he said he was following the man, so it would be interesting if he drew the front or the back.

Also of interest is what the green man was wearing, height, size (so ask him to include 'himself as a child' in part of the picture to get a size comparison.

Don't tell him you expect to see clothing, or why he should put his child self in there. Don't say 'be sure to draw his back'. All so you don't bias him.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

This is an amazing story. I also commend u on the fact of not pushing him to share if he isn't ready. Hopefully some day soon he will want to know the truth and then maybe answers will start showing themselves

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There are truly weird things that happen... and this sounds a whole lot like one of them. Even if you made this up on a whim, I've heard similar accounts that satisfied me that they happened as described.

Pushing someone to remember something so odd is problematic, but pushing it into the subconscious and attempting to "forget it" is even more so. Long term PTSD can happen, for instance.

People have trouble dealing with things so contrary to the common, everyday narrative... but there are people out there who can help process it. A licensed, trained psychologist and hypnotist comes to mind... one who's not focused on "alien abductions" or any similar biases.

Ultimately, it was a benign incident since he was found safe... luckily... and that might help to come to terms with it.

That said, who knows how many go through such an experience and aren't found again? But there are seemingly weird things that occur and whether it's wide spread and suppressed, or rare, I don't really know... but I'd guess it's more wide spread than most would suspect.

It would be good to get this into some database for folks trying to piece these experiences together... and to report any developments here for the interested.

But looking into it further might be a good thing ... especially if it is mundane... in that a child predator might be active in that area and any more info might help identify them... same goes for paranormal, alien or govt related.

Fascinating and worrisome, regardless...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Astounding! Looks like you've got a real phenomenon on your hands. You said you told him the truth when he was 17? how old is he now? Maybe if he's only just begun to think of the ramifications that's why he's kind of in shock about it. Maybe he will be more open about it after he has had some time to process it, I'm talking years...

This incident you knew about. There may have been recurring abductions throughout the years that you did not notice. Especially after he got older and went off to do his own thing more often and was not under your watchful parental eye. I can only imagine the memories he's repressing.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I personally know, the feelings you have surrounding this. My grandson went missing when he was 3 for about 5 hours in the forest. He came back with a story, that will forever haunt me. Like you I blogged about it, to see if there was anyone anywhere that had a similar story. I dont know how to link to it, but you can search "Abduction or imagination? Is something in our forests?" A lot of people shared their stories too. You might find something helpful.
My grandsons story is the one in David Paulitis book, that someone eluded to in a few replies ahead of mine.
I was told that the Travel Channel just filmed the story, and it will be on in the fall. We were never contacted about it, so I have no idea if they added to it to make it more entertaining or not. So, since I have never seen it, I cant tell you if it is the truth or not.

edit on 19-8-2014 by misskat1 because: Added to my reply.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
First of all, let me thank each and every one of you for taking the time to respond. I am new here so I don't know how to quote multiple people, but I'll say this:

You have no reason to believe me, I could be a nut-job, but I assure you I didn't make this up. I hope I seem legitimate. I posted a few other things on here today, things that brought me to this site in the first place and I had to earn my stripes before allowing to post, so I posted everything at once. I guess that could make me look like a whackadoo.

My son is now 25. It is a tongue-in-cheek, family joke about Daniel's disappearance. He has four brothers and they like to poke fun at him over this and we make light of it as a family, but deep down it has always bothered me. Someone or something took my sweet baby for several hours in the middle of the night, so elusive not even his police father knew of it. Something so awful happened to my son that it only comes out in the form of nightmares. Those nightmares scared him enough to talk to me about it in a serious way. I will never forget that day.

The idea of PTSD happening to him years later is something I had not ever thought about, but I can see that could be a very real scenario and hope to God that doesn't happen to him. I truly hope one day he will seek out the truth. His girlfriend is very curious about the event and I've heard her bring it up a few times in my presence, but he always changes the subject. I'm hoping over time she will encourage him. Love has powerful effects.

I emailed Dave Paulides and thank the person for pointing me in that direction. I'll let you know if I hear anything back. Thank you to the person who commended me on being a decent parent. That meant a lot. Thank you Misskat, I will look that up. I'm fascinated to see if there are any similarities.
edit on 08/11/2014 by quirkygirl because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: quirkygirl
...What we know:
...• Daniel was examined at the hospital and found to only have two symmetrical small holes in each ear toward the ear canal, but otherwise no marks, cuts, etc...
...• The house was not unlocked and the lock was a chain type lock, near the top of the door and could not be reached by Daniel or his brother, but it was not unlocked.

Some story, quirkygirl!
I would like some clarity on the two items excerpted, above...if you don't mind.

He was examined at the hospital and the two symmetrical small holes were found in each ear...
Did they appear to be "fresh"? Cauterized? Is it possible that they were there since birth?
Have they ever caused physical problems, since? (pain, prone to infection, imbalance, etc...)

When you say that the doors were locked...does this mean that the father was in the home from the 11 pm check until receiving the call from dispatch?

Thanks again for sharing your story/experience... Hope some answers will be found.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

I'm going to sound like a failure at motherhood here. We lived in a really small town, so you have to understand the level of medical expertise received, which was just about nil. The holes were so teeny, like a bit bigger than a pin head but they were bloody/scabbed over by the time they were noticed. They could have been from anything I guess. The only odd part was they were symmetrical.

His father and I were just so relieved to have Daniel safely back in our arms, that we didn't really pursue anything. I don't think conspiracy's and such were so prevalent in the early 90's? We didn't have the internet, life was different then. So what I'm saying is I didn't pursue anything further. It sounds so awful to say that, but I just didn't. We wanted to forget it happened, but I've never been able to stop thinking of it. Daniel has never had ear problems and now has no marks whatsoever.

The doors were locked and yes, his father was inside and never heard anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks for the interest. I do hope for some answers.

Misskat, I read your post about your grandson and I'm so chilled. How awful and I'm so glad he's back home, safe and sound. I'm sure you're like me, left with more questions than answers.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This sounds eerily similar to what happened to me when I was 4-5. I started a thread here about it. One of the reasons I signed up here. I don't expect many to believe it, but it did happen. Sounds like a very credible case and thanks very much for sharing!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-8-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

I read your account and I can't imagine how scary that must have been for your parents to find you outside. You probably will never really know what happened, like my son will never know. As a parent I want answers and I'm sure you yourself would like answers. My son... he doesn't want answers and I think that is very telling of how horrible that night was for him, even if it's on a subconscious level. I guess I should just be thankful he's here today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join