It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why In A Book?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
All religions that I have heard of convey teachings via a book then word of mouth from there. My question is why would any god use a book to get a message out? If a message was so important, why not have the teaching written in the sky or better yet a voice from the sky? Instead teachings are left to "eye witness" testimony and then bears the judgement of interpretation once the pen meet the paper for future generations.

I'm not saying books don't have a purpose but as far as a life saving/giving message, it deserves a better platform for distribution in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You ask a valid question.

If the "meaning" was so important - why not put it in neon lights in the sky?

I'm sure the true believers will say "just look around - your proof is everywhere - in animals, rocks, human beings, the ocean, etc."

I don't trust Man one iota - and I certainly don't trust a religious man - he has done so much wrong in this world, that I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt whatsoever.

The religious man has used the "word" of his god to start war and to rule kingdoms.
The religious man has hidden behind his cloth in order to conceal his perversions of molestation.
The religious man has hidden behind the "word" of his god to kill his spouse and daughter - because he cannot control his perverted mind...

I don't trust Man --- so why should I trust his scripture?

Thanks for bringing up this topic Ralphy!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

My question is why would any god use a book to get a message out?

Books provide a consistent record, while oral teachings, or "messages in a cloud" or whatever you think he should use instead, do not. Once the Bible, for example, became disseminated enough, no one could change the text in a significant way, because there would be unmodified copies that would demonstrate the alteration.

That's why anyone who claims that Constantine changed the Bible can be proven false -- at that point, there were thousands of copies of the text scattered all over the world, so to change it would require making thousands of new copies, confiscating all existent copies, replacing them with the new ones, have no one notice this, and leaving no evidence of it having happened.

Which is clearly impossible.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
Books provide a consistent record, while oral teachings, or "messages in a cloud" or whatever you think he should use instead, do not. Once the Bible, for example, became disseminated enough, no one could change the text in a significant way, because there would be unmodified copies that would demonstrate the alteration.

While I do appreciate your take of the importance of consistent records with books, I don't think consistency would be a problem with a message being spoken from the sky if it was god. If god spoke from the sky, I'm pretty sure the deity would make sure its message was consistent for all generations.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ralphy
All religions that I have heard of convey teachings via a book then word of mouth from there. My question is why would any god use a book to get a message out? If a message was so important, why not have the teaching written in the sky or better yet a voice from the sky? Instead teachings are left to "eye witness" testimony and then bears the judgement of interpretation once the pen meet the paper for future generations.

I'm not saying books don't have a purpose but as far as a life saving/giving message, it deserves a better platform for distribution in my opinion.

There are ways that people can know something more than others and be informed on the level appropriate to them.

Carl Jung talks about synchronicity and try to quantify fate what some in religious circles call mysterious ways. Quantum physics entanglement is being used to teleport/project changes that mystics have more or less been able to do with only their minds and body for a long time.

Now days Reiki is being taught as a placebo effect enhancer using the bodies own healing mechanism to heal itself.

Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.

You can look up Chakras on the net to see the current idea about the bodies energy centers. In eastern philosophy the energy that flow thru the body is called chi/ki in western philosophy it is called light as in en-light-ened. En light ment should from my point of view be seen as something everybody is since all have some connection to chi/ki in them the only difference is the amount of chi/light that can be transmitted and what they can do with it. And the sensitivity can be increased thru meditation (listening to theta music while relaxing is one of my favorite things to do).

Here you have what they are measuring with EEG
www.brainwavetraining.com...

The human body is an amazing piece of biological hardware that you as a spirit can temporary play around with here on earth. The bliss is kinda cool when the energy flows in the body.
edit on 19-8-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ralphy

Christianity is about faith, it is about giving yourself to God and loving him because you want to, not because you're afraid not to. A constant shouting from the heavens wouldn't allow for that. The message is there in the Bible and in the church for those who are open to it, and for those who are not, they're welcome to ignore or dismiss it.

Besides, what about the deaf people?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

If I were to claim that I heard God speaking to me in my head, then the world with its various heretical materialistic beliefs can just as easily dismiss it as a hallucination or some kind of mental problem. If God were to imprint his message in the sky, the world will just dismiss it as nothing more than a natural phenomenon and move on, not to mention that this would also give ammunition to the Zeitgeist cult that believe the Bible to be nothing more than a book of astrology, written by a bunch of star gazers, something that the Bible expressly condemns throughout. To the world, it wouldn't really matter what method God would use to communicate, as even the Bible has been interpreted by some heathens with materialistic explanations. Ezekiel never actually saw Gods throne, but he was just seeing things, he had a mental illness, or some crap like that. The ten plagues of Egypt wasn't a supernatural event brought on by God, its been explained away by even some so called Christians as nothing more than a natural occurrence. So it is quite evident by observing all the crap that's been said over the years even about the Bible that the reason why God chose only certain people to spread his word is very simple, because most people aren't worthy of his word, as their hearts aren't in the right place to begin with.

edit on 19-8-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You are correct .One of the big things that have been bantered about is how much man has changed the bible but the Isaiah scroll from the dead sea 200bc bears witness as to how consistent and reliable the scriptures really are . a reply to: adjensen

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The ancient texts are mans interpretation. Consider them very old philosophy.

Consider the fact that words in the sky wouldn't be able to be manipulated for a single twisted purpose. I find that very telling.

Also the fact that the bible thumpers in my family consider even reading other ancient texts to be evil tells me that there's more indoctrination than individuals realize.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Way off here....Youre not serious? The "GODS" (whichever you believe in)...didn't create the books, it was man that did. To explain the teachings and beliefs of said religions...in BOOKS.

Man created the books for understanding each. Not God.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have said for years....that is some being did create us, his "bible" wouldn't be in a dead book, written in a dead language. It would be in a LIVING book, in a LIVING language. The book would be the human itself, and the language would be DNA.

DNA is the instruction code for our genetics...and certainly an intelligent creator would know that Man would eventually end up studying this DNA. I would assume then, that our Creator would write whatever it is we need to know within US, in our DNA. Makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Way off here....Youre not serious? The "GODS" (whichever you believe in)...didn't create the books, it was man that did. To explain the teachings and beliefs of said religions...in BOOKS.

Man created the books for understanding each. Not God.

While I do agree that that books are written by humans, I would disagree that I'm way off. Certain religious books contain text of their deity instructing them to write down the teachings, that was the perspective of this discussion and my question.
edit on 19-8-2014 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well IF God deals with religion he's transferred to the Youtube format these days

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have a son named Gabriel, if I write down his stories are they important or am I crazy for thinking they are important?

While I find all the ancient texts fascinating (clearly) I'm more interested in what I can't read for myself due to changes and revision. All of the Abrihamic religions are so intertwined it takes study just to understand the relevance of how the books peice together.

Its definitely the greatest story of all time.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
A book is not the “thing” or person that is depicted in the words.
I’m a musician.I started playing guitar at 15.At 18 I started studying music in college.The theory book did not “teach” me about music it only told me what I was hearing and how it can be organized and gave the “sound” I heard names.A book cannot “teach” hearing you have to already “hear”.Even in music that is not “physical hearing”(even though it translates to it).

In the same sense the creator God can NOT be heard(known) by reading a book it can only “name”(testify..be a witness) of what the reader can “hear”.The fact is the majority do not hear God at all they only hear “books” or themselves.That is called “religion”.It can present the “appearance” of hearing(because so many use the same methodology) but it isn’t.

If the creator God wants to make themselves known to a person they will know and it won’t be through a book and never through religion(the antithesis of knowing).A book has a purpose however it is NOT how things are known.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: the_philth
I'm sure the true believers will say "just look around - your proof is everywhere - in animals, rocks, human beings, the ocean, etc."

Job 12:7-10 King James Version (KJV)

7 But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

8 Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.

9 Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this?

10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

The message is everywhere. All the bodies you see are bodies of awareness. These words are the body of my awareness. And you see the meaning in my words, but not when you look at the trees, earth, etc? Why? Because you can't read or speak sky language? Sounds preposterous doesn't it? Sky language. But maybe that is exactly what science is reading when it measures the sky?

edit on 8/19/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen

While I do appreciate your take of the importance of consistent records with books, I don't think consistency would be a problem with a message being spoken from the sky if it was god. If god spoke from the sky, I'm pretty sure the deity would make sure its message was consistent for all generations.

Well, that would be true, but part of the point of all of this messiness that is life is faith. If God simply spoke and delivered His message, it would destroy the point of having a message of faith. And part of the importance of whether or not we have faith is to preserve your freedom to choose.

If God simply spoke and delivered His message, you'd have no choice but to believe as you would look pretty silly to remain in denial no matter which god it happened to be who spoke and delivered said message.

This, of course, brings us to the question of Revelations which seems to indicate that the first time people see an entity that seems to deliver a message as if they are god ... most people will be deceived and happily think the rest of us crazy.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: the_philth
You ask a valid question.

If the "meaning" was so important - why not put it in neon lights in the sky?

I don't trust Man one iota - and I certainly don't trust a religious man - he has done so much wrong in this world, that I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt whatsoever.

The religious man has used the "word" of his god to start war and to rule kingdoms.
The religious man has hidden behind his cloth in order to conceal his perversions of molestation.
The religious man has hidden behind the "word" of his god to kill his spouse and daughter - because he cannot control his perverted mind...

I don't trust Man --- so why should I trust his scripture?

Thanks for bringing up this topic Ralphy!

Genesis 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Is not neon lights but they are there.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The material world does not speak a lick about any personality traits, thoughts, wish, emotions, or anything else of some personified god. When discussing mentality, language is always the best way to communicate that type of information. You wouldn't point to a rock to tell someone that your are a nice person because that rock won't give that information.

People understand best when things are explained clearly and not left to interpretation by words on paper. Such an important message should not be left to interpretation. You would not let your kids interpret addition as being division, you would make sure that when they read how to add, they know to add and not divide.

If something as simple as learning math isn't left to faith of interpretation, neither should the message of life be taken as so.
edit on 20-8-2014 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join