It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Heartbreaking Photo's-Appreciate what you have, you don't know what you've got till it's gone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hello ATSers I was looking through one of the countless numbered pictorials/editorials that are on every site you see these days. You know "10 Foods that you shouldn't eat" - "8 Photo's that will leave you breathless" - "6 Disgusting facts about Big Macs" and on and on.

I came across one photo that really hit a raw nerve because of my personal situation. It's the first photo on this list.

I am a Sole Parent and my son and I have been having problems. He's 16 going on 17, and he's just going through that rebellious stage that we all go through.

These photo's although Heart Breaking have allowed me to appreciate him "Just the way he is".

This boy is receiving an American Flag in Honor of his Fallen Father in Afghanistan.

This photo was posted on a social network with this message -Reward for missing Phone
www.businessinsider.com.au...
Someone took my phone. A Samsung Galaxy S3. It’s white. It’s only worth a few hundred bucks to you or anyone else. If you unlock the screen you will see my home screen. In the picture stands a man. A man with a backpack and 2 other bags. That man you see, was my husband. And that night, it was the last time he ever held me.

Animals are also part of the family and they love you unconditionally.
Wiley the wolf-dog, pictured, was pretty fond of it's owner's late grandmother Gladys - so much so that he appears to cry at her graveside
get-fun-here.blogspot.com.au...

This man embraced his wife after a garment factory in Bangladesh collapsed around them.
caliser.com...

Heartbreaking photo of baby rhino standing by its mother who was slaughtered by poachers.
imgur.com...

A boy runs to say goodbye to his Father who is off to War.

This powerful photo hit me the hardest and my eyes filled with Tears.

The words on the last pic pretty much sum it up. Hugs to all.

edit on Tue5688201480 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
What happened dear? Where are the photos?

I can empathize with this thread title.

I have been organizing my massive collection of photo albums into manageable photo books of the best and most representative pictures and dumping the huge books.

In doing so I am able to see what a wonderful life I have been blessed to live. There were bad times, sure, and I noticed I have tended to remember those. But doing the photo albums - well the best of times is there.
My "babies" are grown now.

I find myself telling my children, these times are precious and they go so fast
things my parents told me but seems like a tired old cliche at the time.

I also am reliving moments with my grandparents and father who have passed, and my cousin who died too young.

I have been able to be in the kitchen with my loving grandmother through those pictures and miss her rose perfume.

I have seen how often my father was so involved in our lives and there when we had some of the very best times.

I have been able to see my fantastic cousin who died in his 30's of cancer smile and ask his photo forgiveness for bugging him to go to college instead of skiing and sky diving in his 20's.

You really don't know what you have til it's gone. Sorry for your tears whatever the reason.

edit on 8Tue, 19 Aug 2014 08:07:10 -0500am81908amk192 by grandmakdw because: little addition

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Dang Dang Dang.
Glad I have a box of tissue on my desk.

Thank you for sharing.

Perspective. Amazing and tragic at times.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
What happened dear? Where are the photos?

I can empathize with this thread title.

Posted too soon.

It's on par with what you have written.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ive always felt bad for the kids in Iraq because of the war, I feel bad for children in any country at war. I have a serious problem with it actually, sometimes it is good to see things like this thread just to see if you are human, if these photos don't make you feel anything then chances are your not human. thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I cried. Now, I'll stop complaining my kids want too many hugs. Ty for posting this.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Dingo80

They are powerful photos and illustrate well how the decisions we make can have serious consequences on others. Thank you for this reminder.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Dingo80

Powerful pics. Especially that last one. So sad..

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The baby rhino one was sad...

It reminded me of the Lion King where Simba was trying to wake up the dead Mufasa

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Crap.

I knew I should have ignored this thread.

SnF for making a grown man get teary-eyed.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I keep saying this because this is the ultimate truth, humanity is insane. We are totally insane, psychotic, homicidal and suicidal. Humans kill their own species by the hundreds of millions and threaten the very ecosystem that sustains them... madness. We are a very ill civilization, we are very, very sick. You must realize that you are not your mind, you are not your thoughts, you are not your job, your all of the roles that they say define you. You are the divine stillness found in living in mediation, in living in the now. We must change our consciousness and all it takes is our desire to do so.
edit on 19-8-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: LIVE IN THE NOW. LIVE IN THE NOW. LIVE IN THE NOW.

new topics

top topics

join