It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Brown may have paid for cigars, the storeowners never called 911.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Someone had posted that. That is why I ask if it is true...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloudsstar
What I don't get is how this is a robbery it's at most shoplifting. I have been in a store and seen worse then this happen and it's still classed as shop lifting, I have watched stuff like this on the news and it was shoplifting So why is this a robbery

Guess you haven't watched the full video either showing him strong arming the clerk and shoving him into a display then coming back at him in a threatening manner. Shoplifting typically does not involve any contact.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

That information comes from here:

St. Louis County Medical Examiner Mary Case found that Michael Brown, 18, tested positive for pot, The Washington Post said, citing an unnamed source. Ms. Case’s report has been given to the St. Louis County prosecutor’s office but has yet to be made public, the New York Post reported.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...

edit on 19-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
No I seen that still don't make me think he should have been killed for what 25 bucks that the cop never know about tell after the shooting.
My brother in law is a cop and he tells us not to trust cops because of the stuff the cops do. And some of the stuff he has shown and told us about cops in Canada and in the USA is enough for me. And he's in training for swat so I know he has seen some # and still never shot no one and he's been in worse situations then this

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloudsstar
No I seen that still don't make me think he should have been killed for what 25 bucks that the cop never know about tell after the shooting.
My brother in law is a cop and he tells us not to trust cops because of the stuff the cops do. And some of the stuff he has shown and told us about cops in Canada and in the USA is enough for me. And he's in training for swat so I know he has seen some # and still never shot no one and he's been in worse situations then this

That's not why the cop shot him....that is why he stopped him the second time after getting the call and he fit the robbery suspect description.

He shot him because Brown assaulted him, broke his orbital bone then came at him again. Pretty sure your brother in law would do the same in a situation that involved someone of Brown's size and his obvious aggression.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KezigluBey
Education??? What does education have to do with anything? I went to the same type of school that most thugs go to. Except for college; I cannot go to college for free because I'm white. It drives me crazy when some people think that education is the key. Education is so convoluted to begin with. Mostly propaganda and lies of the victors. Knowing when George Washington chopped down a cherry tree will not help you in life. Neither will knowing when "Columbus discovered America". It's about being brought up right and taught to have respect for others and be honest and to work hard; If you want the good life then you gotta break your back or go to college. That even isn't enough sometimes because I have a brother who was born with a criminal mind and he is in prison for life where he belongs.

Many of these kids are taught to be suspicious of white people. Some are taught that whites are the enemy. That's unfair. It puts these kids heads in the wrong place from the start. Many of them blame whites for their poverty. I've lived in a bunch of primarily black neighborhoods when I was a young man searching for something. I was born in a poverty-stricken place too, but there isn't much crime. Poverty has nothing to do with it either. It's wrong being taught to be a victim and blame your own laziness on everybody else. Time to step up and become a contributing member of society.

OT:
Those cigars are only a couple or three bucks a pack. I used to smoke them. I paid for mine, though. With money I earned from my job.

edit on 19-8-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cloudsstar

Anytime you take something by force from someone and it instills fear in them it is a robbery.

Strong armed robbery, robbery by sudden snatching take your pick.

The video does appear to show Brown committing a robbery.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

Yeah. That's why I made this thread. I wanted to know if a call was actually made since the store owner admitted he didn't make one, because that call would go out on the radio and that would cause the officer to return to Brown.

That is what I wanted to discuss with this thread, but I had to defend myself against a bunch of extreme right wingers (i am faaar from liberal/progressive and am an old school libertarian).

I wasn't defending Brown, just trying to sort out the truth.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I think the officer was squarely in the wrong. He could have backed up in his car and waited on back up. You don't shoot unarmed people. It'd be one thing if the officer was on foot and was in danger, but this officer wasn't in danger.

The prerequesit is always if the officer felt threatened, but this officer couldn not have really justifiably felt a threat. He had his car and gun v.s. an unarmed teen.

People in this thread think im defending Brown, i'm not. I think he was probably a #ty person, but the cop wasn't justified.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
I did start a thread titled "Is deadly force on an unarmed attacker ever justified" if you guys are interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't want to hijack the OP's thread.

I don't think it is justified unless you have no escape and an attack is imminent and the person doesn't stop after you inform them you are armed and will shoot. ONLY then because if they get to you they could take the gun.

The officer in this case had his car for protection though.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
A picture tells a story...

I am not defending the guy, but being truthful. He has the guy by the shirt and quickly lets go and leaves. There is no proof yet that he stole the cigars as he appears to pay for them in the video.

Some said he grabbed some but didn't have enough for them all, and then paid for only a few and argued wih the clerk abou them and that;s what sparked the assaul.

Regardless he important thing is hearing the call and the cop not being justified in the shooting.

Nothing that happened in the store justified the shooting, it's a distraction.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: KezigluBey

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
Most important is the fact that the store owners didnt call. I don't see why a customer would.

We need to hear that 911 report.

Unless the store owner was afraid of retaliation... If I saw someone calling 911 in my store, I would not place a call knowing that the call would be pointless.

That doesn't hold water as allegedly a customer made the call. I personally doubt a call was made. We didn't hear that until after the witness gave the story and the footage came out. That guy runs a business in a tough area.. he isn't going to be afraid to call on a punk that grabbed him.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I really made this thread to discuss the fact that the store owner didn't make a call, and that we as a people should request the anonymous 911 call that led to this kids death, but unfortunately the thread filled up with cop worshipers and people with race issues. So we can't have an actual discussion.

I've held my own against a move of insulting people long enough. I'll come back when you guys are at recess and try again.

No, what you have shown is a story that the owner claims he did not make the call....nothing based in fact yet on that one. And maybe the owner didn't make the call....maybe the store employee did as other witnesses have stated. The call did not lead to his death.....his actions lead to his death. Love it when people try to blame someone doing the right thing for the entire incident. How about a crazy suggestion here.....don't be a criminal and bad things won't happen to you.

Show me a source where a witness said a store employee made a call because the store owner said he didn't nor did any employee. The police said a customer did which i doubt.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18310269]GogoVicMorrow
There is no proof yet that he stole the cigars as he appears to pay for them in the video.

Nooooooooo. No proof at all:

Also note, Dorian Johnson’s attorney confirmed to msnbc that Brown had taken cigars from the convenience store. Source

edit on 19-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

I don't think anyone's arguing that stealing cigars justifies death by shooting, that's not the point. The point is we can see his criminal tendencies, his awareness of the power that his size gives him, his strength and willingness to push around other people.

Michael Brown demonstrates in the video that he is willing to engage in aggressive physical confrontation. Extrapolating from that interaction I'm willing to entertain the thought that he could be willing to get physical with a cop a few minutes later. And he played his cards wrong, and now his life's over.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I just want to point out. I am not defending Brown's actions. I have been called a "thug apologist," disingenous, and other things. I posed this to share information. The premise of the thread being the possibility he paid for he cigars and that the store owner and employees didn't make the call. If they didn't then perhaps the call is a fabrication used to justify why the officer aproached Brown a second time. You guy's don't know me, and I make apologies for no one, but what happened in the store does not justify murder and this shooting was unjustified. Because of he attacks on me in the thread I have gone on the defensive which I always regret those posts in retrospect because they make me appear biased. It doesn't matter to me that he was black, i agree he was a punk, but i am tired of cops killing unarmed civilians for no good reason.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Wow. That's some spooky logic.

Why would they need to place a second call when the officer arrived literally within minutes of the first call? He was only a block or two away in the apartment complex behind the store.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: [post=18310269]GogoVicMorrow
There is no proof yet that he stole the cigars as he appears to pay for them in the video.

Nooooooooo. No proof at all:

Also note, Dorian Johnson’s attorney confirmed to msnbc that Brown had taken cigars from the convenience store. Source

Dorian Johnson also said Brown was shot in the back on the ground, but we know that's not true. You can't choose to believe what serves your bias from a witness with no credibility. As my thread title says he MAY have paid for them and there is so much misinformation regarding this case we can't say for certain. Also what you claim as proof is not proof.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The premise of the thread being the possibility he paid for he cigars...

Well, being that this aspect of your Original Post is shot I guess you will have to invent a new narrative to support the rest.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Wow. That's some spooky logic.

Why would they need to place a second call when the officer arrived literally within minutes of the first call? He was only a block or two away in the apartment complex behind the store.

What second call are you talking about? Explain the spooky logic because you have some information incorrect. I mentioned no second call.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join