It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Brown may have paid for cigars, the storeowners never called 911.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Another thing I'd like to address.. people are suggesting that the officer who shot Mike wasn't the officer responding to the robbery report and that "he knew nothing about it" doesn't make much sense because those police officers use the same radios to communicate..

In other words.. the officer, even if he himself wasn't dispatched for the robbery.. would have heard the report as well a Mike's description over the radio..

It stands very much to reason that if he was on patrol or if he was just conveniently passing and he saw a man who fit Mike's description ( Tall black male wearing a red cap, headed in a specific direction ) .. he would probably stop him.. and Mike knowing he just assaulted a clerk and walked out.. it would stand to reason he was thinking he was about to be arrested..

Just my two cents... Unless this officer wasn't listening to the police radio, it makes no sense to suggest he wouldn't know Mike's description and alleged offense..

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

originally posted by: matafuchs

No one deserves to be shot. Period. However...

1. He stole something that was not his...a crime

2. He pushed the store owner to leave the store...a crime

3. According to witnesses...numerous.....he provoked, attacked(punched) and then ran back at the officer....a crime(btw it is a complete reversal of the accomplices eyewitness statement)

He was not an innocent man walking down the street gunned down for sport. If you want to live the life you might die as many living that life do. We should be glad that the cop was such a good shot and did not harm a civilian.

He may have stolen something. There are conflicting reports that he paid for his cigars and had an argument with the clerk. He stood at the counter a long time for a grab and go theft.

I sincerely doubt he laid a hand on the officer as he was shot at a distance apparently running towards the officer. The officer was armed and at his cruiser. He could have backed up and waited on back up, or tazed the kid or any number of things. YOU DON"T SHOOT UNARMED CIVILIANS (unless they get a sneak attack upper hand and are b eating you to death). If you can retreat and are armed you should hang back and wait on cops. The same rules that apply to citizens should apply to cops.

The guy was also 6 foot 4 and had a gunshot down through the top of his head. He must have been charging at a 90 degree angle. That doesn't make much sense.

The shot to the top of the head makes sense if Brown was falling or dropping from the other shots..a matter of timing and gravity, I was totaly thinking the cops were in the wrong but I do not know anymore..believe me when I say it..I don't like cops, having said that I think Im a reasonable person and if Brown for whatever reason charged the cop(doesn't make alot of sense) then I believe the cop had a reason..like I said I don't know what really happened but my mind is far from made up like it was when the story broke.
Cheers.

edit on 19-8-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well...according to this article there are over a dozen witnesses that corroborate the PO's story of how the shooting occurred. But yeah, lets all continue to say Brown was really a good kid. Can't wait to see the drug report if he was on something other than weed at the time. If he took 4 shots to the arms and kept charging then I would think something would have to have kept him in that mindset.

Source

Though Wilson has not spoken publicly about his side of the story, an alleged friend of the officer, identified only as Josie, shared what she claimed to be Wilson’s recollection of events. CNN later confirmed that the woman’s account matches Wilson’s account of the shooting, according to their law enforcement sources.

The woman called into TheBlaze TV host Dana Loesch’s radio show on Friday, claiming that Brown “bum-rushed” Wilson moments after pushing him into his squad car, punching him in the face and trying to grab the cop’s gun.

“Michael and his friend turn around. And Michael taunts him… And then all the sudden he just started bumrushing him. He just started coming at him full speed. And, so he just started shooting. And, he just kept coming. And, so he really thinks he was on something,” the caller added. “The final shot was in the forehead, and then he fell about two or three feet in front of the officer.”

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Snitches get stitches and the store owner was probably afraid. Brown OBVIOUSLY did something wrong. Just watch the confrontation on video. This man(Brown) has a criminal record and was a violent person. Was the officer justified in shooting brown? Nobody knows yet. But If Brown rushed the cop or tried to attack the cop then that's what happens. You get shot. There's many cases of white people trying to attack cops, who got shot dead.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I would also like to add this video to the discussion.

It is specifcally geared towards those who feel there is nothing to justify shooting an unarmed person.

Remember an unarmed person still has arms.

I am not saying this is what happened in the Brown case. I am simply pointing out that something similar could of happened.

Would the officer in this case have been justified in using deadly force?

edit on 19-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig
I think that this is a very good example to use.
It makes the point.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

i'm glad you posted that, now maybe people will start to think about what could have happened.
you never know what is going through someones mind that is afraid, fight or flight or both.

edit on 19-8-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I might add that this is just one of many police dash cam videos to be found that are similar.
In some, the police officer does not fare as well as this lady did.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The way I see it is that neither person is innocent. I want to believe that the young man did nothing wrong because the statements we're given on the case seem somewhat contradictory.

There are a few things I want to know...
-Why did they not report the robbery until way after announcing the shooting?
-Why did they report on multiple news stations that the cop didn't even know about the robbery when he confronted Mike?
-Where is the call recording between whoever called the cops and the cops? First we were told it was the store owner that called. Then he didn't call. It was actually a customer. Where is this call recording?
-Why was it necessary for them to find Mikes social media pages, and show us pictures of him flashing his middle finger and the like? Young people do that. It's not like every young person is dangerous.

The fact is, the cop isn't innocent. No one deserves to be shot six times. Especially if you have no proof of whether or not they commit a crime. But, Mike isn't innocent, either, if he did really attack the cop.

The cop should be asked to leave his job. What if he pulls someone over, and they get an attitude and he shoots them? That will be harder to cover up. No doubt, they'd try to cover it up. And people would believe them... But still.

I also think that the force that the police are now showing with the protests, says a lot. Obviously there is something missing from the story.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

originally posted by: defcon5
...It looks like he has a couple of packs in his hand...

He has far more than a couple of packs.

In fact, the video shows he at least drops three packs, in addition to the ones he has in his hand. (If the frame-rate was better, I'm sure we'd see more.)

Here:

Here:

And, here:

Moreover, when you watch the video from 1:03 to 1:09, you can see what appears to be him making the motion of picking up at least 5 items- possibly a sixth. Watch it closely and you will see what I mean.

Even the 911 witness described in the police report that after the clerk told brown he would have to pay for the first pack, he reached over the counter and took "numerous packs".

(PDF Link to the Police Report)

originally posted by: defcon5
Cigars generally are cheaper then cigarettes, sometimes running as little as $10/carton vs $50/carton of cigs, and they don't have all the taxes.

I think it's safe to assume the retail price at most convenience stores is higher for single packs, since that is how they are generally sold. Everything I find says each pack runs roughly around $5 a pack. I found other references to it being more in some places. (Example Link.)

But more importantly than any of this, what does it matter?

He clearly stole them and roughed up the clerk. Plain and simple.

ETA:

This thread would crack me up, if it weren't so sad.
edit on 19-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A young 300 pound black thug made several stupid decisions which cost him his life. Basically suicide by cop. If you just robbed a store don't walk down the middle of the street afterwards. If a cop tells you to get out of the street, get out of the street. Don't attack cops. They have guns and the authority to use them.

The man with him, who witnessed everything stated that they shot him in the back. He lied and now many more peoples lives are affected by his lie. The murder rate in Ferguson averages about 1 per year, pretty tame town. To say that the Ferguson police are murdering blacks right and left is insane.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmiec

If you just robbed a store don't walk down the middle of the street afterwards. If a cop tells you to get out of the street, get out of the street.

I have said the same. Either really stupid or just thought he could do whatever he wanted, right or wrong.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: jimmiec

If you just robbed a store don't walk down the middle of the street afterwards. If a cop tells you to get out of the street, get out of the street.

I have said the same. Either really stupid or just thought he could do whatever he wanted, right or wrong.

Or as some accounts say, on some type of drug, though we won't know until the toxicology report is released. However, with the report of him bum rushing through 4 shots to the arm and still coming at the officer when he was hit with the killing blow, dropping a couple feet in front of him, it would not surprise me if they did find something else in his system.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: KezigluBey

Well, according to the Original Poster (and his deep grasp of criminal justice) it is only a crime if the victim calls it in to authorities.

Ah re-reading the entire thread, I feel glad that I can reference him as a prime example of the need to rehabilitate America's educational system. Also I can proudly say that the media has completely brought about sympathy and empathy for people doing criminal acts.

While I would like to cite my belief in the constitution and the RIGHT to a fair trial, whether $3 dollars or Wall Street style stealing. Stealing is stealing, murder is murder, but no conviction PRIOR to the trial, unless of course the suspect attacks someone for a weapon which would in fact endanger the community at large, the weapon holders would be entitled to defending themselves. Unless your in Boston and the [Boondock] Saints are in town... I wouldn't argue with them.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I did start a thread titled "Is deadly force on an unarmed attacker ever justified" if you guys are interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't want to hijack the OP's thread.
edit on 19-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: link would help

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

edit on 19-8-2014 by abe froman because: decided not to feed the troll.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I thought they said toxic report only showed pot. I guess they could have only reported that one substance but it would look bad to then add to it later. Some will think they are making it up.

Was that from a real report or just an 'internet fact'?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
" Mike Brown may have paid for cigars, the storeowners never called 911. "

Have they published the sales receipt yet ?

Electronic records are on the store computer right ?

The lawyers would be all over this right ?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I thought they said toxic report only showed pot. I guess they could have only reported that one substance but it would look bad to then add to it later. Some will think they are making it up.

Was that from a real report or just an 'internet fact'?

Where was that? I haven't seen the toxicology report anywhere yet.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What I don't get is how this is a robbery it's at most shoplifting. I have been in a store and seen worse then this happen and it's still classed as shop lifting, I have watched stuff like this on the news and it was shoplifting So why is this a robbery
The reason why blacks are freaking out about this is because everyone knows be it black white Chinese that if this kid was not black he would still be alive. Have yet to read why it was OK for the cop to shot at the kid well the cop was still in the fking car. I know for a fact not one person hear would just sit there as a cop shot at them they would run just like he tried. What a bout this cop hitting him with his car. I'm 29 years old and 7 out of ten times walking to the store cops will pull me over. I have never had a problem with police never committed a crime never stole from a store but I still get pestered by coped 5 out of 7 days a week it's so bad when I see a cop on the same side of the street coming down the block I just stop because I know he's going to bug me and I live in Canada I can't imagine what it's like in the USA
edit on 19-8-2014 by cloudsstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join