It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Brown may have paid for cigars, the storeowners never called 911.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A picture tells a story...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Free cigars

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Yay! Who doesn't love free cigars? Swisher Sweets should get involved in this methinks.....it is their fault for making these the go to cigar for thugs.....they are the true cause for the shooting.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
Most important is the fact that the store owners didnt call. I don't see why a customer would.

We need to hear that 911 report.

Unless the store owner was afraid of retaliation... If I saw someone calling 911 in my store, I would not place a call knowing that the call would be pointless.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: KezigluBey

Well, according to the Original Poster (and his deep grasp of criminal justice) it is only a crime if the victim calls it in to authorities.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Or maybe this is a picture of a harmless kid defending himself against a violent clerk half his size.

The poor kid shouldn't have been killed, but it still hasn't stopped the local spin doctors from portraying this kid as a saint and the video evidence shows that is not the case.

Thugs are thugs. They hate the cops because they stop them from committing crimes, so obviously they are going to have a bias against law enforcement.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

as to andy lopez shooting. he did NOT bum rush the police. i live in the city where it happened and was the one who started the thread. andy was walking down the street, carrying an air soft pellet gun, so he could give it back to his friend who let him borrow it. deputy gelhaus and his partner came up from behind in their cruiser, and saw a kid with what they assumed was an AK 47. they stopped, jumped out of the car, yelled to drop the weapon, WITH OUT IDENTIFYING THEMSELVES as police. lopez, with his back towards them, started to turn in their direction to see who was shouting at him. then deputy gelhaus opened fire, firing 8 times. the entire encounter lasted 9 seconds. i understand WHY the cop shot, (thinking it was a real AK) but not HOW he shot.

regarding this case. two things. it is weird that, if true, the store owner did not, in fact call the cops for this, then who did? and so what if he had pot in his system? granted, i have smoked pot twice in my life. 18th birthday and a week after that. but even in the 80's i was a minority in that regards. now i have 19 year old of my own and from what i hear, those teens who DO NOT smoke weed are rare. and besides, pot mellows a person out. as robin williams once said, he wished that all world leaders would smoke pot because it is very hard to start a war when one is having the munchies and laughing ones head off!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

When the video first came out I suspected there was something not right about it. Swisher Sweets are not that expensive, and it would take a whole store display box, or a carton of the cigarillos, to equal the supposed $50 dollars that was being mentioned. It looks like he has a couple of packs in his hand, certainly not a case or carton. Cigars generally are cheaper then cigarettes, sometimes running as little as $10/carton vs $50/carton of cigs, and they don't have all the taxes.

This is a box with a value of between $50 and $65.

This is a carton of cigarillos with a value of around $30:

Sorry, but I don't see him carrying anything like this in his hand.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

I would say it is a moot point as to how much whatever he stole was worth. Fact is that he stole it and his accomplice says he did too in a statement released by his attorney and on record with the police.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Could someone drop, throw away, give away, hide part of what they took from a store?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

the fact that they are inexpensive is not the point. nor is the amount stolen.
the point is he stole them, and when confronted over it, he resorted to violence. something that was claimed he wouldn't do, or wasn't. which the video proves other wise.

if every store owner let people walk out that stole something pretty soon they would be out of business.

now knowing that he could and would resort to that, it is not beyond belief that he would do the same with a cop, especially if he was bigger and thought that he could and did get the jump on him.

it is also not beyond belief that he thought that the cop had heard a report before, during, or after the first contact he had with him about the store robbery and attacked the cop trying to get away.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I would say it is a moot point as to how much whatever he stole was worth. Fact is that he stole it and his accomplice says he did too in a statement released by his attorney and on record with the police.

First off, getting to the bottom of what the truth is involves looking at the size of what the press accuses him of stealing vs what is actually in his hand. If they don't have that part of the story right, what's to say they have the other part of it correct?

Secondly, petite theft is a misdemeanor in almost every state. Its a slap on the wrist and a fine, if even that. Many stores don't bother with even calling the police for petite theft, and rather just trespass that person off their property from then on, because that is actually a stiffer penalty then reporting the theft.

So, yes, this is significant.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

In the video it appears that he grabs a master cartoon with many of them spilling to the floor.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Let's take a look at the sign posted on this business. My opinion of it is that it's racist. It's purpose is to tell the looters, the overwhelming majority of which are black by the way, to not loot this store merely because the owners are black! It implies that the looters should attack businesses owned by other than blacks. Is that not true? Who's really more racist?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
No, they were scared of retribution. Read this article....

www.katenews2day.com... -store/

This is a blurb from the Washington Post which is in the above article

The convenience store where the robbery took place was boarded up, but open for business on Friday. A store manager, who declined to give his name, said he fears for his life and pleaded with reporters not to suggest that he called police.

“It’s very dangerous,” he said. “They kill us if they think we are responsible. People don’t understand that.”

That was my very first thought.. with all the looting, rioting and anger I don't think I would want my name associated with this at all .. Regardless of who called, Brown did in fact assault the clerk by definition and that would be a criminal offense.

As for it being insignificant .. if you let every customer walk out with an insignificant amount of merchandise you will soon be out of business.

With that said, I'm not justifying the officer because I wasn't there to see what went down and I've heard too many versions of it to be positive.. but what I won't do is paint Brown as an angel here when it comes to the store situation.. he had no reason to be assaulting the clerk, which he most certainly did by definition.

"Assault is the act of creating apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact with a person"

Also by the way, it's important to note that they said Brown has no adult criminal record.. that speaks nothing to him having any juvenile history.. considering he just turned 18 not long before this happened, I would be interested to know since any history at all is relevant for character.. I'd also like to know the officer's history.. has he been reprimanded for anything before?
edit on 8/19/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5

First off, getting to the bottom of what the truth is involves looking at the size of what the press accuses him of stealing vs what is actually in his hand. If they don't have that part of the story right, what's to say they have the other part of it correct?

Secondly, petite theft is a misdemeanor in almost every state. Its a slap on the wrist and a fine, if even that. Many stores don't bother with even calling the police for petite theft, and rather just trespass that person off their property from then on, because that is actually a stiffer penalty then reporting the theft.

So, yes, this is significant.

Like I said, the amount doesn't really matter when the robber assaults the clerk who confronts him. That ups the stakes to assault and strong armed robbery. It is no longer a misdemeanor in this case.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Like I said, the amount doesn't really matter when the robber assaults the clerk who confronts him. That ups the stakes to assault and strong armed robbery. It is no longer a misdemeanor in this case.

Bingo.. the moment he assaulted the clerk it was escalated

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The last statement you posted from the manager states that the reporters not SUGGEST that they called police. They will kill us if they THINK we are responsible. This does not say that they called the police, just that they do not want people to think they had called the police because of possible retaliation. Often people twist things to make it look like they want it to look. Notice the article is worded so it does not state they called the police, cause if it did the reporter could be held liable for lying and causing something to happen. For those who want to see that they called the police, it will possibly convince them it had. This is like juicing up a story, making people fired up about something that is not really there. It actually works half the time.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
When the video first came out I suspected there was something not right about it. Swisher Sweets are not that expensive, and it would take a whole store display box, or a carton of the cigarillos, to equal the supposed $50 dollars that was being mentioned. It looks like he has a couple of packs in his hand, certainly not a case or carton. Cigars generally are cheaper then cigarettes, sometimes running as little as $10/carton vs $50/carton of cigs, and they don't have all the taxes.

His friend is carrying something with what appears to be two arms though.. you can't forget he was there and in on it himself.
edit on 8/19/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Here's a photo showing the red Cardinals cap laying in the street. To the left is Officer Wilson's SUV. Notice all the crime scene tape wrapped around it. I believe what happened is Big Mike punched the officer through the side window and attempted to reach in and grab his gun. The cop got off a few shots into Big Mike, causing the cap to fall off. Big Mike ran off momentarily, and when the cop pursued him on foot Big Mike turned back towards the officer and charged at him. Completely justified shooting. Cops can't let obese criminal thugs attempt to disarm them. This is all Big Mikes fault. I'm curious as to what caliber pistols the Ferguson cops are using. I suggest they upgrade to .45 caliber, although they have a limited magazine capacity.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join