It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Evidence of a Global Flood

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: glitchinthematrix
In so many threads pertaining to the Biblical Flood, I see people conceding that there is no scientific evidence to support it. So, I took it upon my little biased, Jesus-lovin' self to find some unbiased information. This is harder than it seems. Not because the facts don't exist, but because they are produced most often by the faith community.

There have been MANY floods around the world most well before man, the flood story may be based on fact but not the EPIC WORLD WIDE proportions stated in the Bible

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

Who mentioned a pole shift ? Did you just make that up.

It is estimated water gushes up on other planets / moons etc all the time. Is there something "special about earth you not telling me.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Here is the basic problem with the Bible as a historical book.

It was written to describe Gods relationship with Man. It is not a zoological or geological reference book for the entire history of the planet. ( Apart from one small part where some yahoo decided to have a guess at how it all got started.)

It has no reason to discuss how long the earth had been here before God got bored enough to cook us up.

The fact is. There is more history left out of the bible. Be it about massive catastrophes / famines / epidemics etc.... than is in it. Even if you believe the world has only been around about 6000 years. They failed to record some pretty big stuff.

And don't get me started on the plot holes.

I would give it a 1 out of 5 for attention to detail.

God must have missed literature that millennia.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hey Guys..OP thanks for the thread!

I will start by being quite blunt...there WAS a global flood,at different points in time, traced back in 3600 year cycles..It is upon us again! and will be caused by major tectonic plate adjustments,by the gravitational effects of our Sun's binary twin.

If anyone disagrees with this statement then go and research it..my thread 'Planet X/Nibiru the thread (part deux) will see you good and the link i will provide at the bottom of the page is what should be your 'go to' site for current events and to learn of the history of previous passages,there is a lot of info in all areas to digest,so some patience maybe recommended.

I could put together a water tight argument for this, in this thread...but i won't,as time is of a premium at the mo,plus i have been doing what i can to raise awareness on this site and there is a limit to that and lastly,i can show you the path..but you must walk it.

I have some compelling images which i took yesterday from around the near vicinity of the Sun.They depict the Planet X/Brown Dwarfs orbiting planets/moons and is completely consistent with images from fellow researchers.By the way i will post these photos when i have taken more over the coarse of a week or so and also, i will make preparations in presenting it in the best way i can.

Let me be clear!..do not delay in your preparations,food storage,hunting knowledge,water purification skills,geographic relocation out of the major cities/towns,away from the coast at a certain elevation,away from fault lines,volcano's etc etc you know i'm sure.

Here's your link.... poleshift.ning.com...

Stay good Guys

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
As many have already said, there is zero evidence of a global flood. But plenty of evidence of local floods occurring all over the world for various reasons at various times - and, indeed, these continue to this day.

However, to primitive people, the "world" was not a 7,000 mile ball of rock hurtling through space, it was the valley in which they lived. And if that valley flooded, then there whole world flooded. Hence the many myths of a "world" flood (none of which concur on timing and cause, except where one is based upon an older myth).

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The thread should start with !
Help me realise the bible isn't bs !
Anyone got and square pegs for these round holes!
Godsquad are full of bs !

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
And I have lng said that IMO the Mesopotamian Flood myth (upon which the Biblical story is based) sounds very much like, for example, Hurricane Katrina: terrific winds that blew down buildings, torrential rains that caused the rivers to flood, and a tidal surge that carried boats far inland. I think it arose from the tales of survivors of a tropical cyclone making landfall somewhere in the Persian Gulf (a rare, but not impossible event, and one in which the tidal surge would have been compounded by the narrowness of the Gulf.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Please note: I do not believe in any religion.

But on the flood issue...... I know people in the mining industry. And there is more water down there than they can get their head around. Entire oceans of it.

So if you are going to discuss water in general. Try to be open minded and include scenarios outside your idea of a "flood".

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

This is not news to people who drill deep for a living.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
"Jacobsen told the New Scientist that the hidden water might also act as a buffer for the oceans on the surface, explaining why they have stayed the same size for millions of years. "If [the stored water] wasn't there, it would be on the surface of the Earth, and mountaintops would be the only land poking out," he said. "

Sound familiar.

Lack of knowledge and imagination is such a sad thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Ever the earth gets trapped wind and sweats !
It also gets a big of a temp!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Buddyman

Please post your BS lens flare pictures asap as we all need a good laugh!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: np6888
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The answers to your argument here:

answersingenesis.org...

But first, we need to verify the age of those trees, and we need them to show us the methods of how they obtain that age.

Answers in genesis isn't answers for anything. It is bad science. Why don't you go to ACTUAL science publications and peer reviewed journals to say what science is saying? Answers in genesis is hoax crap.
edit on 21-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: np6888

After reading about the Pando trees example, it appears that only the root system is 80,000 years old. The parts above ground are actually only 130 years old.

en.wikipedia.org...

You can see that the "verified" age of the oldest tree is no more than 5000 years old.

So? Is that supposed to mean anything? A root system can't live under a giant body of water, so regardless if it is the root system or the whole tree, a global flood would have killed it. Please try again.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: glitchinthematrix

About the time of the climatic changes in Africa, England separated from the continent, and Denmark arose from the sea, while the isthmus of Gibraltar, protecting the western basin of the Mediterranean, gave way as the result of an earthquake, quickly raising this inland lake to the level of the Atlantic Ocean. Presently the Sicilian land bridge submerged, creating one sea of the Mediterranean and connecting it with the Atlantic Ocean. This cataclysm of nature flooded scores of human settlements and occasioned the greatest loss of life by flood in all the world’s history

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There is one more possibility to be considered as big flood for people of that time - Tsunami that was result of Santorini volcano eruption that wiped out Minoan civilization. There is evidence that earthquake and tsunami followed eruption that occurred somewhere around 3500-3600 years ago. Apart from destroying one of most advanced bronze age civilizations of that time, it also might leave mark on survivors in Mediterranean See that might turn into folklore tales and mixed with similar stories from Indo-Asia it can turn into what we know as great flood. But again, even this does not have enough of supporting evidence. Tracking tsunami effect close to eruption center is bit easier, as well on nearby island - but not sure if we can find enough evidence to support larger area.

Biblical story just does not stand and there is no evidence of anything like that, including of humans living hundreds of years, as Noah did if I remember correctly...
edit on 21-8-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thedeadtruth

Howdy,

Actually, the confirmation of the amount of "water" is quite new to scientists, although it has been theorized to exist for some time. Miners/drills have never gotten far enough down to observe it, and the only methods available to observe it were seismic studies and the rare up-thrusted chunk of rock.

That said, the water that that article refers to is "molecular" water, which means the "water" is actually hydroxide ions on these crystals of ringwoodite. It does not flow like an ocean beneath our feet, and if such an ocean truly existed, it would be noticeable by seismic properties. Such an ocean is not known to exist.
en.wikipedia.org...

If you wish to claim that this ringwoodite in the Earth's mantle somehow lost all of its hydroxide ions very quickly and formed water from below very quickly, forgive me for being skeptical of your claim when local flood myths fits better with reality.

Sincere regards,
Hydeman

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thedeadtruth

And the human body comprises over 50% water - so given the huge increase in population in recent decades, maybe we are experiencing a global flood right now?

Water contained in rocks beneath our feet is no more an ocean than your arm is a river.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Roots don't need air to survive. They need oxygen yes, but they can get that from the water itself.

Only the trees themselves, i.e parts above ground need air(CO2)

edit on 21-8-2014 by np6888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: np6888

Take all of your house plants, remove them from the pots with drainage holes at the bottom (hmm, why do they have those one wonders) and then keep them topped up with water so that the soil is permanently submerged and see what happens.

It is only a limited variety of plants that can survive with their entire root systems completely submerged.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join