It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your #1 problem

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Forget politics or world problems totally. I want to know what is the biggest problem in your life right now. What stresses you the most? Why?

I know all the things we see and read in the daily news can always aggravate us, but I just want you to be able to vent in this thread. Say what you never thought you could.

Ill start, I have a new COO at my work and I can't take her seriously. She knows nothing about the business and she still gets a better paycheck than me, duh, but the owners will never take what I have to say seriously.

Anyway, that's my gripe.. Waiting to hear yours
edit on 19-8-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Mine is that I have lost my CV/resume and I need to make a new one really quick as an ideal job popped up for me, I have the perfect credentials.
Anyone know the best digital format to do it in? Microsoft office?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I need to save more cash to go to Egypt, Friends are drifting apart and my adventure will be a solo mission.
i got a lot of things on my mind. Just be happy you don't live on the border of reality and fantasy.

edit on 19-8-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

I can't I'm sorry, hopefully someone here can. Best of luck.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I live on it every day my friend. I wish you luck.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
My biggest problem is me. My goal is to become holy, but it's easy to become sidetracked. I'm not even close. The Desert Fathers are an inspiration, though. So are the mystics, like St. Theresa, and St John of the Cross. It's been said that the only truly worthwhile goal is sainthood. It's hard to argue with that.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Carrying friends home after a night out drinking .. making a fast exit before their wives scold me for being a bad influence ..

Problem two .. trying to remember the name of the club hostess that wake up next to ..

Problem three .. making sure of escape route when women start talking about marriage ..

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
Forget politics or world problems totally. I want to know what is the biggest problem in your life right now. What stresses you the most? Why?

I know all the things we see and read in the daily news can always aggravate us, but I just want you to be able to vent in this thread. Say what you never thought you could.

Ill start, I have a new COO at my work and I can't take her seriously. She knows nothing about the business and she still gets a better paycheck than me, duh, but the owners will never take what I have to say seriously.

Anyway, that's my gripe.. Waiting to hear yours

My Gripe is quite simple :

My mother in-law is suffering (and in the final stages) of an incurable Neurodegenerative disease called progressive supranuclear palsy...(PSP).

What is the prognosis?

PSP gets progressively worse but is not itself directly life-threatening. It does, however, predispose patients to serious complications such as pneumonia secondary to difficulty in swallowing (dysphagia). The most common complications are choking and pneumonia, head injury, and fractures caused by falls.

The most common cause of death is pneumonia. With good attention to medical and nutritional needs, however, most PSP patients live well into their 70s and beyond.

Unfortunately she is over 70 now and choking on food more often... and the doctors just don't want to get involved any more as this final stage does not make them any money... Bastards...

More here : www.ninds.nih.gov...

Unfortunately and even though we are our doing our upmost best to deal with this ailment she is condemmed to either death by choking or falling over and bashing her head in...

She lost her husband (my loved and respected father in-law last year due to generalized cancer (you can find the thread with the search function) and this has just added extremely to her condition.)

The gripe I have is the fact that I/We cannot be there 24 hours a day to make sure that she can be taken care of by her loved ones...

We have done our best... AND ARE DOING our best to make sure that she has a 24 hour/day care and she is also equipped with a 24 hour alert button (she cannot hit the button if she falls on her head)... but we/I are just so stressed out that something will happen for which we cannot be there for straight away to be with her...

We do not know when this will happen... so each day is just another waiting game...

THAT IS WHAT GRIPES ME...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
My biggest problem is me. My goal is to become holy, but it's easy to become sidetracked. I'm not even close. The Desert Fathers are an inspiration, though. So are the mystics, like St. Theresa, and St John of the Cross. It's been said that the only truly worthwhile goal is sainthood. It's hard to argue with that.

Good News you CAN achieve sainthood

Bad News, you WILL NOT be able to, the way I see you now. You must FIGHT for the truth, you must put effort into it.

For example I just made a thread about wikileaks and me, and it got deleted, it would have opened lot of eyes, but the bigger power squashed it.

But it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter if a giant boot from the sky squashes me right now. The point is to look back upon planet Earth, and realize you proved yourself, time for other levels.

Until you realize that, and start fighting for the truth, you won't be a saint,

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

I know that waiting game all too well Rodinus.
It is by far one of the hardest things you will ever go through. You're constantly waiting for that phone call and that causes a huge amount of stress and sorrow.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know it's OT, but my u2u is always open if you just need to talk/vent. You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers (if that is ok with you).

edit on 8/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I know that waiting game all too well Rodinus.
It is by far one of the hardest things you will ever go through. You're constantly waiting for that phone call and that causes a huge amount of stress and sorrow.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know it's OT, but my u2u is always open if you just need to talk/vent. You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers (if that is ok with you).

The anticipation/waiting is the hardest part mate... (especially when you are 60kms away (although we go to M in-laws at least 4 times a week to take care of her)).. but now the cogs have been well oiled we/I are now prepared "so to speak"

Just "waiting" as you said... for that dreaded phone call...

Thank you sincerely for your prayers and thoughts... M in-law needs them more than us mate.

Thanks equally for your proposition of U2Uing... I will keep that in mind...

Anyway... enough of my gripes... back to everyone else.

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

pretty noble of you

What would you need to help you along with that?
Just listen to that voice that tells you if what you are doing is hurting someone.
Love plants and animals and don't destroy the enviroment. How much holier can one get than that?

A human is but a human until they decide to become something else. Like genetic manipulation allows

Or we can define ourselves with make belief roles, Like saying * I'm a fireman * And if a group of people congrigate and practice these imaginary roles since fighting fires is a real thing they very well are fireman. Not exactly made of fire or anything like that. Just a human in a fire-resistant suit saving some lives.

So are you saying you want to be a minister? or just live a less *sinful* life.

Part 1 of what i said was pretty much a sinful life in any way i can think of. But war is a touchy issue. Sometimes violence can't be avoided when you have to defend yourself within reasonable doubt of being seriously injured or killed.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I cannot perceive my problems without being aware of the root cause of them, and from where I sit, the wider situation in my country, and indeed the world, plays into all the things which filter down to my level in a very direct, and interconnected fashion.

Right now though, the biggest gripe I have is that the family business is under attack from a nefarious blaggard, who has started an entirely spurious legal proceeding against our company, on totally false grounds. The case is, of course, ridiculous, however no matter what the outcome, it is going to cost us money we can ill afford to fight it.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

you asked what stresses me. i can sum it up in 1 word.

Leukemia .

do i need to say why it stresses me?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I cannot perceive my problems without being aware of the root cause of them, and from where I sit, the wider situation in my country, and indeed the world, plays into all the things which filter down to my level in a very direct, and interconnected fashion.

Right now though, the biggest gripe I have is that the family business is under attack from a nefarious blaggard, who has started an entirely spurious legal proceeding against our company, on totally false grounds. The case is, of course, ridiculous, however no matter what the outcome, it is going to cost us money we can ill afford to fight it.

Mate... if you need the "lads" to come around and help you out (I think I still have a rubber cricket bat with a rusty nail stuck in the end somewhere?)... just give us a shout...

*rolls up shirt sleeves and cracks neck*.... *ouch that hurt?*

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Much appreciated Rodinus, but if it comes to that sort of solution, then I am afraid that I may be too greedy to share the fun with others

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy

you asked what stresses me. i can sum it up in 1 word.

Leukemia .

do i need to say why it stresses me?

Feeling deeply for you my fellow ATS member...

That sucks in more ways than people can imagine...

Screw the material things in life when it comes down to our or family members lives...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Much appreciated Rodinus, but if it comes to that sort of solution, then I am afraid that I may be too greedy to share the fun with others

*Whiney voice*... Purleeeeeezeeee?

Ok ok, sending one rubber cricket bat with extremely rusty nail at the end over to you by UPS right now...

Don't say I was not there when needed mate?

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I have a life of ups and downs just had a my 1st baby and got a new job, about to take my lorry license

But also not long found out that my nans cancer has spread even after a load of chemo

Life is full of happy and sad times but it's how we deal with it makes us the people we are

My heart goes out to you and you're family rodinus

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
I have a life of ups and downs just had a my 1st baby and got a new job, about to take my lorry license

But also not long found out that my nans cancer has spread even after a load of chemo

Life is full of happy and sad times but it's how we deal with it makes us the people we are

My heart goes out to you and you're family rodinus

Mate... that is a bummer for your Nan...

I cannot suggest anything else apart from these simple words : Stay strong for your loved ones and yourself...

My thought are with you too.

Live life to its fullest...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join