It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Who Are Interested - Another Press Conference

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: Jomina

Journalists "accidentally" hit with rubber bullets and tear gas.

I can almost read it now.

"Commie Pinko Journalist Reached For Cop's Weapon, Used As Target Practice"

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

I never did. please quote where I ever said looters.. Please.
I never did.

You brought up the looters and tried to apply that to all of the protesters in ferguson.
I mean, you really should be ashamed of your behavior.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Jomina

He was hit in the leg with a rubber bullet, then a few minutes later, there were shots fired from the protestors, and you could hear the bullets whizzing past. So the cops fired more teargas into the crowd, and one of the cans landed basically in Tim's face.

While waiting for the news conference to start, i started skimming through Tim's video of tonight. Around 2 hours and 40 minutes into the video is when they start shooting tear gas, and a few minutes later you can hear gunshots coming from the protesters. All the media lays on the ground and the swat guys come running over and tell all the media to get the heck out of dodge.

You can hear the whizz or ricochet of the first few rounds fly right by them.
edit on 19-8-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Actually libertygal never said that all the demonstrators were looters. She said that all of the looters wanted their picture on the front page. I'm afraid that this time, the misunderstanding is yours.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm beginning to wonder if they are actually trying to make the reporters wait as long as they can. They're probably pissed, don't want to deal with any more "crap" tonight, and they probably also feel like they don't owe the press any explanation at all.

They are tenacious (reporters)... like bull.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

They don't feel like they owe the people of their city an explanation.

I know what you're saying.. And I defy you to post any government wrongdoing that didn't precede an attack or defend an American attack before television.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Starting now, with a prayer.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
They say that bottles were thrown again and that's why they shut it down when they did.

Not a single shot was fired by police tonight he said.

31 people have been arrested since 2 am. He says a lot of them were from out of town when they went to charge them.
edit on 8/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
They say that bottles were thrown again and that's why they shut it down when they did.

Not a single shot was fired by police tonight he said.

31 people have been arrested since 2 am. He says a lot of them were from out of town when they went to charge them.

Dude.. Bottles vs. AKs

If it would've ended up worse the entire US would have split.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Lol yeah you're pretty silly, the police are supposed to protect innocent lives at all costs.

But damn, a journalist got in the way;
Not an excuse

Kinda like they are resfusing to respond to 911 calls?

They respond, "Sorry. Nothing we can do."

Click.

Have you been paying attention?

Kinda like, they stood by and watched looters looting, and just watched?

Yep.

Haven't you heard? They are no longer here to serve and protect. At least, that's the common meme going around.

offgridsurvival.com...

because police are now refusing to stop the rioters who are looting
stores only feet away from where officers are standing.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
He says he will not set a curfew for tomorrow night, but he is strongly urging the peaceful protestors to show up during the day and go home at night.

He's judging camera equipment values and says those that don't have a $50,000 camera on their shoulders may be risking being taken into custody until you can prove you are a legitimate reporter.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Well you can definitely tell that he's been affected in a deep way by all of the events happening in Ferguson. I know this guy cares about the city and making sure people are safe and coming away with a sense that they've been served.

However, I definitely feel that not ALL of the officers there feel that way, and it's obvious that things are going to continue to escalate further.

I feel for the guy. I know he's not telling the whole story nor the whole truth, but I can feel for him.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal
I have zero, no sympathy, for the press out there. Go to a war zone, expect war, and expect that you may be a casualty.

These people are doing their jobs and doing us all a service, and you have the audacity to say,

Many press have been assaulted. Good.

That's a pretty sick and twisted way to look at this situation. You're no better than the thugs and criminals running around looting stores and establishments built by hard working, honest and respectable people. You should be ashamed. People like you, with no strong, respectable mental foundation from which to interact with the world are the reason we need police.
edit on 19-8-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Yeah man I totally agree with you. What a great job you've done.. Bravo.

I mean will you just please point out the part of the constitution you disagree with.?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

He's judging camera equipment values and says those that don't have a $50,000 camera on their shoulders may be risking being taken into custody until you can prove you are a legitimate reporter.

That leaves internet reporters out of that group for the most part, would it not? Don't please let only the MSM cameras count. That would be so unfair. Didn't Wrabbit say he was going there and might report? I would trust his reports a whole lot more than anyone else's.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
On a livestream, so far, I watched a girl get sexually harrassed (or assaulted) and I watched a camera guy get robbed.

Could you please supply more information to your comments... (you know, like why not add a couple of screen shots from your computer concerning sexually harassed girl and robbed reporter etc...?)

Strange that this has not cropped up anywhere else yet?... .

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 19/8/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase changed

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

Could you please supply more information to your comments... (you know, like why not add a couple of screen shots from your computer concerning sexually harassed girl and robbed reporter etc...?)

Just call me, "Mr. Exclusive"

or not... idc

This video:

Sexual Assault= 1:55:30 - 1:55:34 (Guy on the left of screen walks by girl in blue shorts and grabs her butt). You might have to go full screen to see it.

Robbery= 1:55:04 - 1:55:24 and also another one at the very end.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Not to mention the press has been attacked by the police also even in the press areas, they've also been arrested while in the press areas. Live streamers... people really shouldn't be so quick to call them out for stupidity, they know they're at risk but more often than not these it's the only place to get the whole picture.

I've been following Tim Pool for a while now, I hope he's okay.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: Rodinus

Just call me, "Mr. Exclusive"

or not... idc

This video:

Sexual Assault= 1:55:30 - 1:55:34 (Guy on the left of screen walks by girl in blue shorts and grabs her butt). You might have to go full screen to see it.

Thank you Mr exclusive...

I saw the young white male grab the young black girls butt but did not manage to see the two robberies unfortunately...

I guess this type of incident will happen in crowd situations such as what is actually happening in Ferguson right now...

Sad but unfortunately reality that I am sure some people will blow out of proportion and use as propoganda...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 19/8/14 by Rodinus because: Crap quoting

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

That leaves internet reporters out of that group for the most part, would it not? Don't please let only the MSM cameras count. That would be so unfair. Didn't Wrabbit say he was going there and might report? I would trust his reports a whole lot more than anyone else's.

That wasmy exact thought when's heard him say that. That would successfully get a ton of reporters shut down. Considering that a lot of us look to alternative news ore and more... this would not be right at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join